Review Round 18, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy for our Mcstay to continue tackling like this next year if Adelaide players insist on ducking their heads.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are people getting into Cutler? If it is the incident I am thinking of the Adelaide player was shoved into his elbow, after he was already off the ground, by the Brisbane player (Cox?) on the other side. If a player ricochets unexpectedly into your body is it really your responsibility/fault????

I’m disappointed, but it was a fair effort to run last years runner ups to 5 points when we really played as poor as we did in large chunks of the game.

Obviously needed more composure at times, some players were well below par and generally quiet compared to previous weeks and then we had a few passengers that looked well out of place.

Would’ve loved the win particularly in our 500th game, but still a lot to be excited about.

As for the Crows, well they aren’t doing anything if they make the eight, but they were the better side tonight and deserved the win.

Wonder what happened to our midfield. Felt like we lost so many centre clearances throughout the day especially during the middle of the game. Cox needs to go, been non-existent for 2 games now. Straight out for Hodgy. I would assume Andrews will be straight back in, no reason to leave him out if he is fully fit. Real shame about Cutler as he is a good player, needs to tidy up his disposal tho.

"it's not our best team

Lions obviously better than 16th and next two seasons should start pushing for finals

but they did their best to try to knock three Crows players out

Play the ball next time"
radiojake

You posted this, please come back here when you can have gifs of all incidents. You will find in 2 of those incidents its the fault of your player for dropping their body as they got tackled, had they not dropped to their ass to evade the tackle they wouldn't have been taken high. The one with Cutler i'll agree was a stupid act and he will cop what he deserves Monday afternoon from the MRP.

Now go enjoy the win on your board, please.

Yes, his post and my reply were deleted.

I cannot fathom anyone thinks Cutler is in trouble. He was going for the ball and there is a bloke coming the other way. What was he supposed to do? Genuine question.

Exactly.

Cutler will be fine. Adelaide fans upset over pure accidents. Once again I invite their players to continue to duck like cowards like Tom Doedee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot fathom anyone thinks Cutler is in trouble. He was going for the ball and there is a bloke coming the other way. What was he supposed to do? Genuine question.

Gotta say the replay genuinely looked all three had eyes on the ball. Hard to say on the angle available though

Wonder what happened to our midfield. Felt like we lost so many centre clearances throughout the day especially during the middle of the game.
Poor setup. Starting behind their man every time, plus I suspect Adelaide was pushing an extra man to the contest.

Why are people getting into Cutler? If it is the incident I am thinking of the Adelaide player was shoved into his elbow, after he was already off the ground, by the Brisbane player (Cox?) on the other side. If a player ricochets unexpectedly into your body is it really your responsibility/fault????

He would’ve hit him without the shove and he wasn’t going for the ball. It resulted in him getting concussed. If he doesn’t get a week we’ll be very lucky

Should have won, not because we were the better team but because they were spent and defended from the 5 minute mark of the last 1/4. We just couldn't get enough clean ball and lacked poise going forward when we got it, a very mature defensive effort from them to hold on, we just lacked polish.

Still happy with the effort.

We lost to the crows by 5 points without anyone really playing well, tell me who played really well.. Gards and Steph maybe?

Cutler should get 2 or 3, put your elbow up and take someone out, you're gone.

Barrett no way.

On another note MARK RUSCUITO is a digrace. Sooked the entire broadcast, almost every call we got, 'we will need to have a look at that one'.. yet not once did he question any of their frees, not once.

How many excuses did he have for them? Roos too.. sooking the entire broadcast.

If you cant control your emotions and bias in the box then dont call crows games.

F***ing annoyed me the entire game with his tense, subtle complaining.

Poor setup. Starting behind their man every time, plus I suspect Adelaide was pushing an extra man to the contest.

Looked as much on the ground.

Adelaide have a strong midfield so while we lost the middle, it will be a good learning experience for Berry and Clugg.

Genuinely shocked at some of the s**t said about Cox on here. Emotional shitposting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was going for the ball, then the ball went past him iirc. Took his eyes off the ball to look at the player. Jumped and elbowed him in the face. Gone

A crows fan saying Cutlers was at the same level as Andrews and Cameron lololol. Thats the best thing i've ever heard!

He was going for the ball, then the ball went past him iirc. Took his eyes off the ball to look at the player. Jumped and elbowed him in the face. Gone
What? he jumped in an attempt to get the ball, missed it, he was already in the air and the Adelaide bloke ran or got pushed into him. There was no elbow, if he stuck his elbow up like dog Cameron that blokes head would have nearly come off. Incidental contact and will not even get sighted.

Proud of the effort. We lost because of ill discipline and not playing selflessly. No Hippy penalty in the middle goal we win. Too many long bombs from 50 for goals rather than lowering the eyes. Looking positive for future.

On another note MARK RUSCUITO is a digrace. Sooked the entire broadcast, almost every call we got, 'we will need to have a look at that one'.. yet not once did he question any of their frees, not once.

How many excuses did he have for them? Roos too.. sooking the entire broadcast.

If you cant control your emotions and bias in the box then dont call crows games.

F***ing annoyed me the entire game with his tense, subtle complaining.

Agree and his voice is just horrible to listen to as well but fits well with his bleating style.

Roos just thinks that 18 behind the ball is the way to go.

Witherden with another 31 touches and 12 marks. If he keeps this up for the last few games the case against him for Rising Star becomes seriously difficult

Looked as much on the ground.

Adelaide have a strong midfield so while we lost the middle, it will be a good learning experience for Berry and Clugg.

Genuinely shocked at some of the s**t said about Cox on here. Emotional shitposting.

I think there is a future for him but he is a defensive liability and lacks serious poise. Happy to get a few games into him lately and he was involved in a few nice passages, but I can understand the frustration.

My god we aren't having a huge melt why are the mods deleting everything? This is our board should be allowed to say what we want without attacking anyone.
Just focus on posting about the game rather than getting stuck into Adelaide supporters, trolls or not.

Back