Preview Round 2, 2023: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 25th March, 7:25PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who makes way for Windhager if there’s no injuries?
I could see Butler going out. Windhager into that half forward/midfield role. Gresham to play a bit deeper and not go through the midfield much.

I guess Bytel is possible and seems the like for like, but I think Ross will like the hard edge he brings to the side.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be in a hurry to drop Bytel, I think RL will persist with him. We need to give all the younger mids plenty of game time. Butler though has not done a lot in the preseason games, and didn't do much yesterday., so might go out. Nobody really should be dropped from a team who gutsed a win like that.

Hope the boys can bring the same effort to this game.

Membrey hopefully back which will help the structure up forward too
Sounds like Membrey not back for another 3-4 weeks

I like Bytel in the team, think he needs a good run at it but Windhager comes in if he's fit and they are probably fighting for the same spot. Not sure whether we look at Campbell to provide some chop for Marshall but I like us being more mobile. And Cordy keeps his spot against his old side.

Windy in either for Bytel or possibly Butler if we think we can push one of our mids forward. Not sure who.

Also Caminiti was stuffed and don't know how he will go off a 6-day break but I do know that by Round 7-8 he will be absolutely cooked so good thing we have a guy who should be able to replace him by then.

I don't want Gresham delivering the ball inside 50.

I'm sorry, but he just doesn't see the game well.

Put him forward.
Gresh's passing yesterday was spot on.

His decision making was a bit questionable at times (the long bomb to a Freo bloke in the goal square when he had two options free was horrible).

His decision making was a bit questionable at times (the long bomb to a Freo bloke in the goal square when he had two options free was horrible).
Better team with him than without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NGL, I'm terrified of the Bulldogs forward line monsters (4 players between 196cm and 206cm). Tallest Freo forward yesterday was Taberner and Jackson when he wasn't rucking and if we're relying on our defence to hold us up under the Lyon gameplan - it'll be interesting to see how it pans out with so many players of that height. We felt bloody small yesterday, personally felt Marshall filled the hole SO many times in the game to cover for our height and make contests just that little harder. It'll be a massive challenge but I've always never rated the Bulldogs backline so hopefully that kinda evens out with our makeshift fwd line atm.

Keep Bytel in, start Windhager HF to replace Butler with midfield rotations.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to drop Bytel, I think RL will persist with him. We need to give all the younger mids plenty of game time. Butler though has not done a lot in the preseason games, and didn't do much yesterday., so might go out. Nobody really should be dropped from a team who gutsed a win like that.

I hope Bytel gets a run at it.

In the presser he said a couple will come back. So Windhager and Membrey? Not sure who else would be ready.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the presser he was asked specifically if anyone other than Windy was likely to be available this week and he said no. The last question he answered.

Last edited:
Seb Ross and Windy would be the two that could come back you'd think.

Gresham looked a bit lost at times but what he adds is unpredictability and line breaking. He has always bit off more than he can chew at times but he's a little bit of pixie dust in a very blue collar set up. There was a lot of up and back and often he's the kick that cuts sideways or a stupid act that comes off and break through the defensive wall....then there are the odd ones that are straight up stupid acts that stuff up though.

Like Kingy said on First Crack, the Dogs forwards lack mongrel (pardon the pun) with the exception of Naughton.

I reckon if our backs can be aggressive in their attack on the man and ball it doesn’t matter how tall they are.

Darcy will be awesome but looked at sea against the dees, JUH more interested in plugging clapped out iNfLuEncERs than launching for balls, Lobb has bleached any forward craft out of his ugly too-small head.
Wilkie, Battle and Doug’s eyes be lighting up at the thought of covering those softcocks.

Getting Windy back will be huge in curbing their mid’s influence also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back