Preview Round 2 Syd vs Haw ("Poo n' Wee at the SCG")

If we lose - does everyone with a Toastie post get a 1 day ban?

• Yes

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was kinda talking to the thread more than you.
I am superstitious enough to never want to hear the T word on this forum again.

Seriously though, nothing that happens on figBooty affects anything.

At all

Seriously though, nothing that happens on figBooty affects anything.

At all

Sure

I suppose next you will tell me this rabbits foot isn't lucky.

If thats the case I need a stapler

Yeah but context is important. The further you go back into those 8 games, the less you have the scenario where we just played in a grand final and are in OK form, versus the Hawks who got belted by a mediocre Bombers and have us frothing over being tied to their 2nd rounder. It's like being afraid of GWS because they used to beat us.

Anything can happen, but I just don't see a point in getting worked up, making definitive (incorrect) claims about them always getting us, us never flogging teams we should. We had the 3rd best % last year, just came off a 59 point win in greasy conditions (against a better team than Hawks), I'm not that worried about our scoring vs opposition.

Edit: We also had 5 wins over 50 last year. Teams around us like the Dees, Lions and Pies had 4, 3 and 0.

I expressed how I feel and why rightly or wrongly and you are on a crusade to correct me. Good luck with that.

Incorrect clams - you muppet

I expressed how I feel and why rightly or wrongly and you are on a crusade to correct me. Good luck with that.

Incorrect clams - you muppet
Huh? I'm not having a go at you. I was just pointing out that we don't always lose to the Hawks, and that we do win big sometimes, which you said we didn't. I just don't think our track record, and current form justified the claims. Sorry if I came across as dismissive, I've said a few times that anything can happen, including us losing.

One thing that's definitely more annoying than Kelli's voice is all the complaining about Kelli's voice.

Speed, Healy among my favourites, Lynch is ok too.
Alas, Kelli’s voice isn’t the real issue.

It’s the lack of knowledge and resultant inane commentary.

But personally, my favourite is Richo - so what do I know ?!

love Richo, but he ain’t the sharpest tool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did chuckle last week when she called Paddy passing it to older brother Tom. We wish.

But then I'm used to rolling my eyes at commentary teams.

Huh? I'm not having a go at you. I was just pointing out that we don't always lose to the Hawks, and that we do win big sometimes, which you said we didn't. I just don't think our track record, and current form justified the claims. Sorry if I came across as dismissive, I've said a few times that anything can happen, including us losing.

My apologies

Just seemed like you wanted to discredit what I’m saying because of my irrational thought process rather than focus on facts.

That Grand Final hammering makes me permanently nervous of the Hawks whether that’s pathetic or not that’s my mindset. Those guys always get us. As you point out not factual but that’s my pessimistic footy head.

I’m officially never ever going to think we will win a Grand Final again either. Equally irrational but pessimism and thinking I’d never see a GF win in my lifetime has lead to damaged goods.

I try to be positive on this board as I know how crap it is to hear someone always talking negative but it’s always in me and creeps out.

My apologies for taking it personal I am a terribly reactive person at times.

Anyway I’ll be first to be overjoyed by your facts if my nerves are proven to be misguided.

My apologies

Just seemed like you wanted to discredit what I’m saying because of my irrational thought process rather than focus on facts.

That Grand Final hammering makes me permanently nervous of the Hawks whether that’s pathetic or not that’s my mindset. Those guys always get us. As you point out not factual but that’s my pessimistic footy head.

I’m officially never ever going to think we will win a Grand Final again either. Equally irrational but pessimism and thinking I’d never see a GF win in my lifetime has lead to damaged goods.

I try to be positive on this board as I know how crap it is to hear someone always talking negative but it’s always in me and creeps out.

Anyway I’ll be first to be overjoyed by your facts if my nerves are proven to be misguided.

2022 was terrible its one of the biggest losing margins in GF history which sits in 5th place permanetly in the records.

We have 2 of the biggest losing GF margins in the top 13

Its not pathetic at all to think that way.

My apologies

All good, I get it, sometimes I can go over the top with analytical stuff when people just want to vent. It's a weird situation for me to be semi optimistic, I'm usually seeing people say we'll piss it in, win by 10 goals etc and thinking "just shut up". I'm sure there's going to be a couple of games this year we'll think "how did we lose that", always is, even in 05 and 12.

2022 was terrible its one of the biggest losing margins in GF history which sits in 5th place permanetly in the records.

We have 2 of the biggest losing GF margins in the top 13

Its not pathetic at all to think that way.
I was at the GF last year, couldn't watch the Cats the other night without remembering the continual roar after every goal.

We'll get back there, hopefully soon. I've managed to get over the Hawks one (wasn't there), mainly because our fortunes have reversed for long enough now. Still, we gave them enough of a head start last year. Be nice not to have to rely on JPK subbing in to carry us home. Oh wait...crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back