Review Round 20, 2023 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally our biggest problem is underestimating our opponent.

Look at our losses this year:
  • Port in round 1 when everyone thought they’d be middling again
  • dogs in round 3 after they started 0-2 looking like absolute garbage
  • Adelaide, assuming we’d be able to win on class alone
  • Hawthorn who are a bottom 4 side
  • Melbourne after completely dominating 80% of the game and putting the cue in the rack
  • and now Gold Coast, who we assumed would roll over like they usually do

People keep calling us flat track bullies, but ironically we’re whatever the opposite of that is.

We need to hire a ******* psychologist

Let's hope that's the end of the upsets for this weekend.

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Gold Coast were unbelievable tonight that would be far and away the best they have played this season. Everything went their way. Even their clangers hit open targets.

Saying that though D King was right, we were outcoached and didn't have the answers, let Lachie get bullied and let Anderson do whatever he wanted.

The glee from the haters is palpable, you can sense it coming, the vitriol will flow tonight.... > Fagan is shite and our players are losers with no heart will be the narrative.

I am nowhere near as down as I was after the loss against the Demons a couple of weeks ago, the Suns wanted it more and we had a huge off day, they were way too good, it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast showed up to play in a Qclash for the first time in years and we weren’t expecting it.

Boys will bounce back. Bringing in more mid power for next week will help.

The glee from the haters is palpable, you can sense it coming, the vitriol will flow tonight.... > Fagan is shite and our players are losers with no heart will be the narrative.

I am nowhere near as down as I was after the loss against the Demons a couple of weeks ago, the Suns wanted it more and we had a huge off day, they were way too good, it happens.

We played so much better against the Dees and got beaten by Gawn and Petracca and incredible accuracy. We were about as far off it today as we were in round 1 and against the Hawks and 3 losses like that concern me.

Everyone dancing on Collingwood's grave just had a wake up call.

That was pathetic.

Started with selections and just rolled on from there.

We've got enough experience in the side to not roll with passengers who are past it when the game heats up.

Besides a couple of permanent underperformers whom we can't seem to motivate or find a role for.

Not the end of the world but you wouldn't punt in us to suddenly be breathing fire in a final.

Gold Coast were unbelievable tonight that would be far and away the best they have played this season. Everything went their way. Saying that though D King was right, we were outcoached and didn't have the answers, let Lachie get bullied and let Anderson do whatever he wanted.

Lachie has to take some responsibility for working his way out of these situations too. He can't really play any other position that inside midfielder, so if he drops his head if he cops too much attention, there's not a lot anyone else can do.

I feel flat again. Every time we get an opportunity to seize we squander it. It happens with alarming regularity. Crows will almost certainly beat Port now and Melbourne will probably thump Tigers and put us into fourth to top it off.

We played two of the best quarters I've seen us play in recent memory against Melbourne. Against GC tonight, we were just poor.

Back