Review Round 21, 2023 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Fremantle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

was really good to see that level of forward pressure with gunston in the side

was quite pleasing to see gunston himself be a contributor in that regard as well

need to sort this midfield situation out - dunkley was well off the pace today

Just about fell asleep in the first half, about the most boring footy we’ve played in years, clearly due to Freo’s game plan but hard to watch.

Looked so much better when we opened it up a bit but obviously not easy to do when they are putting the clamps on.

Also good to see us win with our two best mids not having a huge influence. Thought Dunkley must have been injured or something. Looked totally ineffective in the first half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Fab 5 were none of the usual suspects >

Joe Daniher, Cam Rayner, Lincoln McCarthy, Jarrod Berry, Dayne Zorko.

I think Fage's thought it was a great win... noticed he was in the circle with the boys singing the song, don't think he does that too often.

Berry, McCarthy, with their best games in a long time. Also very well done to Zorko, Rayner and Daniher.
Agree 100%.

Our forwards/wings really worked themselves into the game to account for a lack of midfield presence (Sadly once again). Ashcroft's being missed a bit more than I originally thought. Payne had great composure down back as well.

Incredible win though, never easy winning in Perth against Freo and they had to win to keep finals alive. A close one to compound the difficulty and we pulled through.

Cannot expect to just roll Adelaide at home though. Keep the pressure up, win that well and then a huge test against Collingwood awaits where we can stamp ourselves as a flag favourite.

Midfield needs a re-tooling. I don’t think we should be playing JL but we desperately need someone to stand up inside with dunks and Neale well down in recent weeks.

It felt like we were an inside midfielder short for most of last year. That was rectified when we started Ashcroft in place of carrying a third winger/flanker. Issue with Ashcroft going out is that he's essentially been replaced with a winger/flanker again. Dev is the obvious option, but we seem to not trust playing him inside.

Thought Berry, Linc and Cal were our best. Thought Joe, Hugh, Harris and Charlie weren’t bad either.

Lachie’s form is a bit of a worry. He ended up with 25, although not sure how much influence he had with those touches. His opponent is also getting plenty of the ball also.

Dunks had his worst game for us, so to have him and Lachie both off and getting a win is a positive sign.

Still need to get another midfielder in if these 2 have off games and I’m not sure Zac is it.

Learned that Fort isn’t it. Whilst Oscar isn’t great, he’s probably the better of the two.

What was with all the in the backs against us...sure a couple there but they never pay them?
And then in the last 10 minutes Payne saved us several times with a little hands in the back contact and it was all fine (granted there wasn't a free kick in those, but just made me laugh)

Well fought win. Linc was my favourite today. Good to see him leaping again.

Back