Review Round 22, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My most vivid memory of the Scott brothers is completely poleaxing someone ,taking their head off and riding them into the ground from behind with an elbow raised for good measure and when the ump blew the whistle for a free standing there with there arms outstretched and an incredulous look on their face as if some great injustice had been done.

Some of the stories about them when they were playing as schoolkids are legendary with some parents refusing to let their kids take the field against them.

So yeah . I loved them when they played for us but the truth is they're nasty , and Chris' mealy mouthed psycho whinging on 360 as if he's the nicest guy who ever lived is a bit hard to swallow
But today's preso is complete bottom of the barrel and just flat out an incorrect reading of the game . He carried on as if the deliberate free had some impact when it had no impact whatsoever ,we didn't score ,they got possession back.

Really disappointed in his whinging and will be more so if the media is prepared to swallow it.

I did go - thanks for thinking of me. I stayed home for months and still got flu A so figured no point in missing the games. Went with my newly bald head, my Mitch T-shirt, my face masks and had an absolute blast.

Love the game and riding the emotion of the crowd on nights like tonight is AWESOME.

It’s a long game for me - another 14 weeks to go.
Good luck to you buddy . I bet the guys keep pulling out something special for you.

How lousy was CH7 for cutting away just after the final siren, to bad about the celarbrations, who would want to see that, not the first time this has happened either.

Just rewatched the recorded game and was looking forward to the post game but it was fishing thing. Given it was 1v2 should have been covered. Poor showing channel 7

Reading the Mongrel Punt's very detailed analysis of today's game you'd swear it was written by a Big Footy poster.

Didn't mince words on the players who contributed and those who didn't.

There was quite intense pressure throughout the game and we really stood up well. It was a competitive contest between two teams with good systems. Even earlier this year, our system would have broken down under that pressure.

Perhaps the most significant thing, on reflection, is that we probably can still play a fair bit better yet. I think we have another ten percent in us yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on the win again it was nice seeing the mutual respect show by the supporter base all week on both boards

It’s a pity to see us being call cheats and other s**t too

Hopefully you have a good final but I leave very bitter after the lack of respect shown
Nuffies on afl pages

Congrats on the win again it was nice seeing the mutual respect show by the supporter base all week on both boards

It’s a pity to see us being call cheats and other s**t too

Hopefully you have a good final but I leave very bitter after the lack of respect shown
if you have a team of dishonest stagers who do nothing but flop for free kicks and sook when they don’t get one and a bald headed bloke who goes around elbowing people off the ball yet going on about what a good god bothering Christian he is, then cheats is the correct label to describe your playing list

I voted for Linc just for the hanger and going back to slot the goal = MEGA CLUTCH!

How good is "The Suitcase" #6? Great hands and vision.

Cats need a ruckman bad. Achilles heel ATM (along with not being able to negate small forwards)

Charlie you enigmatic legend!

Adams was great and has slotted in nicely.

Feel for Bundy but Lions have plenty to choose from as a replacement

Scipio Africanus, the Third I think, (I have a Scipio Africaueus T shirt, commemorating the Great Scipio) used to say "Carthage must be destroyed", something like "Carthage est delargo", every time he rose to speak in the Republican Senate before he spoke to what ever issue was being debated. I have had too much Wynns Black Label to look up the quote.

There are three question about Raynor

1 Are we close to a premiership?
2 Is Raynor playing well?
3 Could anyone else in the Twos play better in his position.

My answers are

1 Yes
2 No
3 Could anyone play worse?

Christensen will miss (our docs are only human ) but Raynor has become a liability. We have won our recent games easily which means it is easy for your poorer players to contribute, but today, against the cream, he was found wanting. It doesn't mean he will turn out a dud, but it does mean we heed to look further to ensure our best chance of a premiership.

A question: If Bastinac comes in for next week does anyone think that Raynor will play a better game than Bastinac?

Repeat same question for four or five other reserves players.

The last is a bit harsh, but he rarely got the ball and when he did he wasted it up big time
100% spot on. We want to win a Premiership and at some point the team has to come first. I would play Keays or Bastinac in Rayner’s place. He has had his chances and now someone else deserves a go.

Back