Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, June 18
Richmond v Hawthorn (MCG) (N)

Friday, June 19
Western Bulldogs v Greater Western Sydney (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, June 20
North Melbourne v Sydney (MRVL)
Collingwood v St Kilda (MCG) (T)
Geelong v Carlton (GMHBA) (N)
Brisbane Lions v West Coast (GABBA) (N)

Sunday, June 21
Gold Coast v Adelaide (MS)
Essendon v Melbourne (MCG)
Fremantle v Port Adelaide (MS) (N)

Why is everyone shocked the cats are in white shorts tonight?

Geelong used white shorts against the Blues last year, even though it was indigenous jumper.

Rough calling an indigenous jumper a homer.
They can be busy, but not a 'homer'
No definitely don't get me wrong, great design, great indigenous art, love it.
Just thought it was funny because of the multiple design elements (Vee + stripes) which is what a "Homer" relates to I thought.

Why is everyone shocked the cats are in white shorts tonight?

Geelong used white shorts against the Blues last year, even though it was indigenous jumper.

Because last year they were wearing their precious Blue shorts in all home games last year including THAT final. The Indigenous jumper was an anomaly and for that no one is really counting that game.

Why do the Crows always wear their clash kit against the Suns on the road yet they wear their home kit against Sydney when they're the away team?
The red and yellow being shared colours, apparently. Gold Coast always wear their clash kit in Adelaide 🤷‍♂️

GC blue clash would clash even more with Adelaide home than just their normal red surely lmao
Oh s**t they've changed their away guernsey, ahh. I meant the white guernsey. They wore their full red against the Crows last year 🤔

Why is MG still heat pressed??? Surely they would have had enough time to get it sublimated!! They did it in under a week for the Elimination Final in 2014!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good. The numbers were hard to read sometimes.

Now all they need to do is add teal to the V.
Would you remove the black or the white to make way for the teal? Adding a 3rd V changes the design and it seems they want the jumpers to be as similar in design as possible.

Would you remove the black or the white to make way for the teal? Adding a 3rd V changes the design and it seems they want the jumpers to be as similar in design as possible.

They could just copy what Western Suburbs Magpies did in the 7s in 1996

Western-Suburbs-Magpies-1996-7s.jpg

Because last year they were wearing their precious Blue shorts in all home games last year including THAT final. The Indigenous jumper was an anomaly and for that no one is really counting that game.

Precious blue shorts?

Its our home uniform with over 100 years of history, there are times we need to wear white shorts in home games like Saturday night, but as with all games its the away teams job to work with us not the other way around.

As I said plenty of times last year, half the issues everyone keeps bringing up here are fixed if the AFL does what they do with Sydney and Gold Coast and have neither team in White Shorts.

I just get frustrated we are expected to wear white shorts when we shouldn't.

And for the record, YES, all games against Carlton, North and Collingwood should see the Cats in White shorts.

Precious blue shorts?

Its our home uniform with over 100 years of history, there are times we need to wear white shorts in home games like Saturday night, but as with all games its the away teams job to work with us not the other way around.

As I said plenty of times last year, half the issues everyone keeps bringing up here are fixed if the AFL does what they do with Sydney and Gold Coast and have neither team in White Shorts.

I just get frustrated we are expected to wear white shorts when we shouldn't.

And for the record, YES, all games against Carlton, North and Collingwood should see the Cats in White shorts.

Its about the best looking match-up for the game.

And sorry, but that involves the Cats being in white shorts for most of their games be it home or away. You get to wear your home jumper, and it's still your home game. White shorts don't take that away (mind you, try telling Norf that). Not only that but your the only club at the moment that gets to wear it's home jumper in all 22 of its H&A games plus whatever finals you make.

A team with a mostly white jumper wearing dark shorts vs a team with a dark or black jumper wearing white shorts it's not the best look for the modern game and we need to move past that.

Last year was absolutely ridiculous and a backwards step after several years of the Cats wearing white shorts in most of their games and again especially the final against Collingwood. Pretty sure there was a game against Norf that was an eyesore as well.

Unless the AFL takes a EPL soccer approach - which won't happen because try telling Eddie he has to make a jumper that's not black and white stripes.

In their intra-club match, #15 Langdon and #29 Hunt wore what look like black longies under their red-back guernseys:

ME 15 29.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back