Autopsy Round 3, 2021: Hawks lose to Cats, Easter Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are early in a rebuild and those pricks are premiership contenders I reckon the rebuild is going alright, particularly as we were missing two of our top 5 in Gunners and Sicily.

Or the other possibility, of course, is Geelong are pretenders.
Maybe a bit of both.

Get Day and Gunners into this side and theres no way we are bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I resent the thread title.

We didn't lose, we gained. They lost. Once again in this easter s**t they are gifted the game.

They are done, we're just restarting.

Well done boys - you deserved to win that in the end, but once again the best three for the handbags were the umpires.

Phillips, Howe, mature bodies, that's all.

Take a bow O'meara, you were our only mid for the first half.

Don’t reckon we can go forward with Daniel Howe in the side, give Connor Downie a chance

Last edited:
Despite lamenting the umps we probably got a few back in the second half.

In the end I think the game was played on our terms but we hurt ourselves too often with our own disposal and options.

Despite always coming from behind I felt like we were the better side for a large part of the game after 1/4 time. We just don't get reward for effort.

I think nearly all their goals came from umpiring or absolutely horrendous unforced errors by us. If we can play more of the daring footy with some cleaner disposal I think we have some wins to look forward to but we need to lift our sights on scoring more. Battling for 9 goals make it hard to win even if you have a lot of control.

That stings. Could have won.

Just a lack of polish, especially up forward, and a few too many really ordinary players.

O’Meara, Wingard, Impey, CJ, Morrison all great. The latter two are real positives this year - it’s what we need to see.

Worpel, Ceglar, Kosi, Frost, Howe all dreadful. That should be Howe’s last game. He tries but he’s not improving or taking us anywhere.

Young Brockman might get a Box Hill spell soon. He had a tough day but I loved seeing him hang in and bob up late. Lewis likewise struggled early but real reward for effort late. He’s our best key forward option at the moment.

That was an awesome game of footy to watch.

Our effort was there all day (except the first 10 minutes or so).
Just kept going and going.

It's that kind of effort that you can build on as a coach. Seeing us play with that much momentum - I actualy don't care about the loss. Not at all.

Can blame umpires, Howe, the sun, whatever. The trick is to be so far ahead that those things don't matter. We're not there yet.

Special mention to morrison - one of his best games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back