Review Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

THE GOOD

Zorko as kiddy role. How did we not do it last week?
Neale
Clugga
Dunkley to a degree
Bailey in the last playing mid

THE BAD
The umps - 50/50 calls terrible and pies just started shoving us around cause they could

THE UGLY
Managing to lose a game twice. Obliterated them and got ahead then folded AGAIN
Tackling - either too half hearted or panicky too highs
Hipwood and daniher- just had to stick some marks
Forward line - totally broken. No connection.
Cameron goalkicking - misses all of his east snaps all of a sudden
Our mental state

We just seem to clearly broken from the granny.
We can play well - good pre season. Start games well. Get leads. Even tonight come back from a lead and dominate.
What on earth is fagan saying at half time though? As soon as we get to the business end - oh right the game is on the line - we just shrink. Honestly do we need a retreat or something? Did we already do one and it was run by adelaide fc?

Controversial calls (ish)
Play Bailey starting mid and get him to ball hunt with clugga on the wing
Keep playing 2 rucks and drop hipwood. He will come back but that just wasn’t up to standard.
Drop berry. Ah chee / clugga / fletcher wings. Berry is the biggest momentum killer in the team. Butchers it.
Give Lohman a full game. Give him a shot and tell him to lock it in the forward 50.
Payne has one more chance but tell him to back himself and show him Carlton at docklands last year.

ABOVE ALL ELSE - how do we get so little return for our inside 50s? This is tactics and gameplan. Get fagan some ******* help he is not a gameplan man.

Our transition/connection from midfield to forwardline is and has always been pretty terrible. So many blown chances covered up by the odd piece of brilliance.

Now that Daniher and Hipwoods hands have turned into concrete and Charlies seemingly lost his razor sharp nouse around goal - we are getting found out on it.

Then you’ve got and it must be said, mediocre, maybe just better than average types, in Mihocek and Elliott. Who find themselves in good spots consistently. The difference.

Evening all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I think the concern is that if they haven’t had the “wake up call” from the losses so far, I’m not sure when it will come.

Welcome.

Great time to join, lots of controlled thoughtful, emotionless analysis and considered options will be shared with you.

😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I've got to say some of our guys switch off after a quarter of effort.
Traditional In-game Nap Time on display again. Fagan will dish out Mulligans and nothing changes. Turns out dropping Lyons was a massive blunder, given that our midfielders, with the exception of Neale, really don’t know how to stick a tackle. Stacking the forward line with ‘talls’ was stupid. Looked stupid after selection on Wednesday and it really looked stupid tonight. Payne was selected tonight and reinforced exactly why he was dropped after round one. Just a very very poor decision maker and a terrible footballer when the ball is on the deck. Should be dropped for Gardiner next week. Answerth is not up to it, but Fagan will give him a mulligan. Time for some acid to come on to Dunkley too because he is massively overrated. Hipwood was horrible tonight, but he has a Gold Class Mulligan, so he can keep drinking his own bath water.

Credit to Neale, Zorko, Rayner, Lester, McCluggage and McCarthy for fighting it out. Those six can hold their heads high.

In the final analysis, Fagan once again shows how poor he is as a selector and in game coach. He should go the right thing and resign, the sooner the better, because his deficiencies as a coach are really glaring.
#TINT

Last edited:
Whilst Zorko certainly wasn’t our worst, what we got from him is what I thought we’d get. He hit a few nice kicks which was expected but also did some absolute dumb s**t (2 fresh airys off the ground etc) and gets exposed one on one defensively.

We don’t have a whole lot of options with Kiddy gone and I get he might be the best option right now, but I’m not sure having him in that role will be good enough to compete against the top teams.

id be considering moving bailey to the sub or vfl and playing lohmann in the seniors, too many times he refused to commit to a tackle or winning the hard ball
Honestly you cannot keep playing young guys as Subs.
Give Lohmann 2-3 full games if he does nothing fair enough.

Although him and Dev are sacrifices to the undropabbles

Bold moves at the selection table.

I would love to get Morris in but think two talls and Lohmann is the best option.

Want to see more of Torrent.

I would bring Brain in but Zorko looked good off half back and McKenna will be back soon.

Not really sure what bold moves we can really make that would actually improve us outside of the above.

Back