Review Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

0-3 is sub optimal but thought we were the better team across the night aside from the end. Didn’t finish our work and weren’t paid the frees the pies were. Pretty rare game.

Lachie had been dog punched 2/3 weeks now. Being targeted and afl facilitate it with fines. Disappointing.

THE GOOD

Zorko as kiddy role. How did we not do it last week?
Neale
Clugga
Dunkley to a degree
Bailey in the last playing mid

THE BAD
The umps - 50/50 calls terrible and pies just started shoving us around cause they could

THE UGLY
Managing to lose a game twice. Obliterated them and got ahead then folded AGAIN
Tackling - either too half hearted or panicky too highs
Hipwood and daniher- just had to stick some marks
Forward line - totally broken. No connection.
Cameron goalkicking - misses all of his east snaps all of a sudden
Our mental state

We just seem to clearly broken from the granny.
We can play well - good pre season. Start games well. Get leads. Even tonight come back from a lead and dominate.
What on earth is fagan saying at half time though? As soon as we get to the business end - oh right the game is on the line - we just shrink. Honestly do we need a retreat or something? Did we already do one and it was run by adelaide fc?

Controversial calls (ish)
Play Bailey starting mid and get him to ball hunt with clugga on the wing
Keep playing 2 rucks and drop hipwood. He will come back but that just wasn’t up to standard.
Drop berry. Ah chee / clugga / fletcher wings. Berry is the biggest momentum killer in the team. Butchers it.
Give Lohman a full game. Give him a shot and tell him to lock it in the forward 50.
Payne has one more chance but tell him to back himself and show him Carlton at docklands last year.

ABOVE ALL ELSE - how do we get so little return for our inside 50s? This is tactics and gameplan. Get fagan some ******* help he is not a gameplan man.
On your points the majority of which I agree.

It stands out like a dogs niagaras that we need some coaching help. Just no system at all even when we're controlling the game.

The effort of Bailey, Payne and Hipwood is just too far below par on occasions to not be taken to task for it. But I can see the logic of throwing Bailey in there and telling him to go for it.

It's hard to drop Berry on his improved showing tonight ,but yeah he can be frustrating.

The team is ,for whatever reason stale ,and that is evident every time extra effort is called for and the dropped confidence in taking scoring opportunities.

On your points the majority of which I agree.

It stands out like a dogs niagaras that we need some coaching help. Just no system at all even when we're controlling the game.

The effort of Bailey, Payne and Hipwood is just too far below par on occasions to not be taken to task for it. But I can see the logic of throwing Bailey in there and telling him to go for it.

It's hard to drop Berry on his improved showing tonight ,but yeah he can be frustrating.

The team is ,for whatever reason stale ,and that is evident every time extra effort is called for and the dropped confidence in taking scoring opportunities.

How much system can we show with the bulk of the side so badly out of form?

How often did we look good until Hippy dropped a mark or Bailey fumbles or Dev missed a handball?

On top of inconsistent intensity at the contest, poor tackling and goal kicking

Almost everything that can’t be controlled by strategy has been subpar

How much system can we show with the bulk of the side so poorly out of form?

How often did we look good until Hippy dropped a mark or Bailey fumbles or Dev missed a handball?

On top of inconsistent intensity at the contest, poor tackling and goal kicking

Almost everything that can’t be controlled by strategy has been subpar

100%.

Hipwood stays?

I think he has to out of necessity. Would love to play Morris, but I really don't think Morris is ready to be the second tall and wouldn't be fair to put that in him. Think we need to keep Hipwood and Joe in.

Too many passengers and same old same old from the coaching staff

Not a peep about the blatant umpiring who did thwie best to giv cwd momentum.

We need a tactical coach NOW and to review all assistants including ruck coach.
Fages is too nice and nice doesnt win
Maybe in the draft trade pick 1 for an inside bull ala de goey who absolutely towels us up as we cannot stick a tackle to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lester actually showed us some pace. Closed down well on a few occasions. Effort keeps his spot.
Lester was great tonight. Plays smart passionate and hard at it football.

Zac Bailey was worse than Hipwood somehow.

Trade Bailey, he's a hot head.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hipwood stays?

You don’t drop someone for the mistake Eric made. It was frustrating and he had a dirty night but otherwise was pretty consistent in his application.

Last edited:
Hipwood stays?
you think he be dropped

I always like Fort/Oscar combo
Although we loose Joe playing up the ground which I often say he plays better then forward 50
I think at the moment Forts follow up is more then Oscar offers.

So we drop Fort for sure.
Oscar, Hipwood, Bailey, Berry or Rayner dropped.. he he he never
Payne did not much so swap for Dizzy again.
Be Answerth, Dev, Fort or Lohmann dropped again with him

Back