VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

All players traded as Bucks as coach be saying Glad I am not at Collingwood

Traded Dave as they did not comply with Bucks the puppet master , The Heaters , Wellers, Beamer, had their own character and were not afraid to say it as they saw it, unfortunately the puppet master likes his players to be subjects of his propagation of beliefs.
This is a soulless club right now,players are not enjoying their footy with who should be their mates out there on the ground, very sombre mood within the ranks. Time to go Bucks

I've read about, how the current Essendon AFL team has been compared to a VFL standard squad. Well that doesn't say much about our depth. I am now genuinely concerned.
Rightly Essendon are using this season as a chance to develop kids and they're being played ahead of the top up players. Subsequently Essendon's vfl team today had a fair bit of an all star vfl side feel to it.

Don't want to hear any Broomhead/Cloke should have played bullshit now. Utterly failed to impose themselves. Need ball winners, not downhill skiers.
Cloke deserves no blame for the performance today imo. Was doubled teamed since the start, on Grima who is solid AFL defender and the ball didn't get to him and when it did it was diabolical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only positive to todays game is that it's obvious Cox has been holding this team together and in his absence we're pathetic.

Cloke deserves no blame for the performance today imo. Was doubled teamed since the start, on Grima who is solid AFL defender and the ball didn't get to him and when it did it was diabolical.
I haven't seen any of the second half and only bits of the first. Did he do anything to try and break the shackles? Get into the game any other way?

Leave it alone 76... I'm afraid that's the last we'll be seeing of Craigus. :cry:

Nah! Wood is cut and feel better about that...need to delete this waste of HDD space as I recorded the rest and just flicked through the end score...

Looks like I made the right decision...

Good luck tomorrow boys! God knows we're going to need it

Howe tried hard all day, but we really missed Cox in the ruck. Shows just how much Cox has developed.
I missed that we had a second Howe in the VFL team (Lachlan). I was confused for a moment wondering why Jeremy was playing in the VFL today when he's supposed to be at the MCG tomorrow:oops:

Criticism of game plans and footy departments from us , albeit crazy supporters of the club really don't amount to that hill of beans Realistically you need to be inside the organisation to first know what the plans and strategies are and secondly to assess them.
What has become clear after 8 rounds of AFL /VFL footy is that good teams employ zones and its crictical to win uncontested ball. You rack numbers up by holding on to it and stringing possies together moving it foroward quickly. ( of course you want to win clearances to start these chains up or turn it over to win it )
You would have to say we are poor at clearances and pressure on the opposition ball carrier for the most part.
The real killer is that our list across the board is as slow as treacle and cannot hit the side of a barn and 'speeding up' of the game in 2016 has shunted us further down the totem pole.
Those seeking to apportion blame for our predicament need to look at our list management team as a first stop. IMO Hine and co. have escaped...thus far

Grima was almost ready for the glue factory but Cloke couldn't get off him? Absolutely appalling effort to not even run down a wing and present himself. But the proof was there to see when it went to Cloke's vicinity and he ran away from it! Disgrace!

Broomhead is the same. Get's too much cult latitude when the bloke's done nothing.

Elliott, Swan, Scharenberg, Ramsay, Williams, Witts, Sinclair, Gualt and Goldsack out hurts the VFL side.
I would hope they would see this as an an opportunity and step up. There was a passage of play near the end where Essendon had three uncontested marks and gave it to a bloke on his own in the Square, as the camera followed the play I saw 3 of our AFL listed newbies casually jogging along 20m off the play, not one looked up and sprinted to the spare man. This is not game plan or coaches, this is lack of effort, lack of pride in performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back