Preview Round 3 MCG 7.40pm 18 June 2020. Reigning Premier Versus Third Level Laughing Stock and AFL Imposters, AKA Richmond V Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn played at KP for the first time in a while so it is no surprise they got belted. I think they are better than what they showed against Geelong and they tend to respond after a bad loss. I expect Richmond to win, but only by about a goal or so considering how rusty we are as well.

One thing that I am confident in is the fact that their midfield game (contested possessions, clearances etc.) isn't that strong. We're not strong in it either, but it means that we can get ascension in the midfield. If we do and Lynch ends up playing, then we can win this comfortably. One thing that we have to be mindful of is their undersized backline. There is much more space at the MCG than KP, so I think we need to watch out for bombing the ball inside 50 and use an effective strategy for countering the backline flood (such as kicking for goal further away). I really think that Clarkson is going to use that considering what happened last Thursday.

Hawthorn played at KP for the first time in a while so it is no surprise they got belted. I think they are better than what they showed against Geelong and they tend to respond after a bad loss. I expect Richmond to win, but only by about a goal or so considering how rusty we are as well.

One thing that I am confident in is the fact that their midfield game (contested possessions, clearances etc.) isn't that strong. We're not strong in it either, but it means that we can get ascension in the midfield. If we do and Lynch ends up playing, then we can win this comfortably. One thing that we have to be mindful of is their undersized backline. There is much more space at the MCG than KP, so I think we need to watch out for bombing the ball inside 50 and use an effective strategy for countering the backline flood (such as kicking for goal further away). I really think that Clarkson is going to use that considering what happened last Thursday.

Title of this thread is gonna curse us ! :)

Mostly talking the game against the pies he had 6 disposals and 2 tackles which I don’t see as being enough

However he was second for pressure acts in our side with 20

Meatball was first with 26 and 5 tackles

Just comparing him to shai

11 disposals 6 tackles 1 goal 19 pressure acts

Rioli 6 disposals 2 tackles 20 pressure acts

Is Daniels one pressure act more really worth more then 5 disposals 4 tackles and a goal?

Even dusty managed 18 pressure acts so 2 less than Rioli and also managed double his tackles while getting 20 touches
I’m well and truly on the Rioli bandwagon, he’s one of my favourites, however I don’t disagree with you, I thought he wasn’t great at all Thursday night and wouldn’t be surprised if he does get dropped, however he probably won’t because he does the small stuff that while we don’t see it or acknowledge it the coaches love it.

Rioli does most of his work in his role when he doesn't have the ball.
With none of us being at the ground and only seeing who is in the TV frame any moment, it's not really fair to judge him or others on how we think they performed.

Plus it's really hard to apply pressure when Pies do their keeping off thing. And so our only forwards that looked ok were the goalkickers.

Wouldnt even think of dropping rioli tbh, hes always been fairly hot and cold stat and goal wise but he never stops running and chasing and thats what we need him most for...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just comparing him to shai

11 disposals 6 tackles 1 goal 19 pressure acts

Rioli 6 disposals 2 tackles 20 pressure acts

Is Daniels one pressure act more really worth more then 5 disposals 4 tackles and a goal?

The real comparison is not Rioli with Bolton, but Rioli vs the player that might replace him - Aarts or maybe Ralphsmith. I reckon Rioli stays.

Good work. I had 2 9 leg multis for last weekend. The draw on Thursday night threw both under the bus :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gross.. yeah I’m gonna take advantage of a the multi promos... need to do some bookmaker whoring tog eat the best deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back