Re: Round 3: Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Pot Adelaide:
Matthew Broadbent, Danyle Pearce, Matt Thomas
Substitute: Cameron O'Shea
Sydney Swans:
Nick Malceski, Jesse White, Luke Parker,
Substitute: Andrejs Everitt

With Everitt sub, White I/C it presumably means Goodes up fwd, with Reid & ROK.

Not a fan of starting of ROK, I have visions of a pinged calf/hammy as he chases someone out of the 50.

Do the people listed on the interchange in the final paperwork have to start on the bench?

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Pot Adelaide: Matthew Broadbent, Danyle Pearce, Matt Thomas
Sydney Swans: Nick Malceski, Jesse White, Luke Parker,

Not a fan of starting of ROK, I have visions of a pinged calf/hammy as he chases someone out of the 50.

seriously whats the point of playing everitt, coach talks him up but doesnt start him, would rather play rok who is so underdone and really struggled starting only 7 days ago.. its a desperate decision imo... and were better then that.. anyways hope rok can have an impact early

Ahh thanks. Might have sounded like a stupid question but I was just wondering.

For me, I'm looking forward to this game to see Jesse White have a crack. I'm going in with zero expectations and forgetting the vicissitudes of the past five years. New season, clean slate... I want to see what he can show me.

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Pot Adelaide:
Matthew Broadbent, Danyle Pearce, Matt Thomas
Sydney Swans:
Nick Malceski, Jesse White, Luke Parker,

Could be for 1 minute, then a midfielder off, White to the forward line and Goodes to the middle. Wait and see how the game takes shape but I wouldn't guess the game plan based on the starting interchange.

Could be for 1 minute, then a midfielder off, White to the forward line and Goodes to the middle. Wait and see how the game takes shape but I wouldn't guess the game plan based on the starting interchange.

I realise that, but given the way we've been delivering the ball into the fwd line in recent times I'm surprised we only have one genuine KPF starting.

I thought, because of the height of Port's defence we would start 3 talls.
No problems with a mobile starting fwd line IF we were pinpointing targets.

If the starting line up is Goodes. ROK & Reid then Port could afford to play a spare tall who could zone off. Obviously changes will be made throughout the game, I just like getting on the front foot early and not giving the opposition a break in terms of set up.

Oh well time will tell.

PS Interested to see Pearce start on the bench for Port.

Fine with it. He's the worst player out of the 22, so why not have the best on the field going for the majority of the match and try to kill the game off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, I sort of agree with you since it looks very hot for the game. Then it might be beneficial to have a runner come on late when the majority of players will be royally stuffed.

Barring no injuries, ROK should be the one subbed off you would imagine some time during the 3rd quarter. That means Everitt should slot into that 3rd forward role. And if an injury occurs, Everitt is versatile enough to cover many positions. Good choice as sub.

yeah that's what i was sort of thinking. a runner through the middle that can break lines etc... although i think we're short of them, perhaps rohan might have been a better fit to be sub and everitt replaced at the expense of someone different. but let's see how it works out. he might come on and take a few grabs up forward, if he plays up that end. or he could come on and play loose man done back or free someone up to play loose man instead.

Great move by Longmire so far this year in moving Craig Bird forward. Has looked very impressive. And how good does Luke Parker look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back