Round 3 Venting and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2121 here, shows a rnd 3 ranking of just over 15k.

ATS looking at Cousins > Stack and Dunkley > Boak, lifts my bank to 134k which will be needed very soon for an Engrish upgrade.

Thanks Beau_Waters for PM I did get a laugh out of my sons loser-fortnight dance in celebration, happy Freo scrapped a win and there were some good games of footy to watch but begining Saturday arvo it felt like a 24 hour non-stop Fantasy battering.
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Or so they say..

Sunday didn't deliver. Well, not to my liking anyway. Macrae's 264 was a relief in the end, I was expecting/hoping for higher. English was poor and he goes this week even though he gets closer to his BE than most of the rucks and Worpel had a poor first game for me.

Dunk -> Worpel looks a bust (although it is only week 1 of that trade) but it won't be in the long run and it allowed Witho -> Whit.

Anyway 2178 turns out ok; Rozee was a big help. All my duds are popular so nothing much lost there. Made up 30 points on the leader which I don't experience very often.

2128 for the round, feels below average but some decent mids + whitters helped pull my ragged mess over the line in some leagues. Onward and upward!

Bit of a vent but I hope they fix up the VC loop hole next year. The occasional one is fine and fun, but startubg the year with 6 consecutive loopholes gets a bit old having the double crack at it. Totally undermines having guys like Macrae and being able to chuck the big C on him.

This week teams get a free shot at Brayshaw/Lloyd going massive for no downside (I have both).

Next week Brissie and Pies, so Treloar owners again get a free shot at it;

The week after Tigers V Dees again with Brayshaw.

I would think something along the lines of whoever you select as C and VC prior to the Thursday game are locked and cannot be changed status. The player themselves can still be benched/traded etc but the status can only be removed, not relocated or transferred.

Therefore you get a shot to lock your VC in knowing they'll play Thursday. and pick a captain later in the weekend if you're more confident in their score.

Thoughts?

Bit of a vent but I hope they fix up the VC loop hole next year. The occasional one is fine and fun, but startubg the year with 6 consecutive loopholes gets a bit old having the double crack at it. Totally undermines having guys like Macrae and being able to chuck the big C on him.

This week teams get a free shot at Brayshaw/Lloyd going massive for no downside (I have both).

I would think something along the lines of whoever you select as C and VC prior to the Thursday game are locked and cannot be changed status. The player themselves can still be benched/traded etc but the status can only be removed, not relocated or transferred.

Therefore you get a shot to lock your VC in knowing they'll play Thursday. and pick a captain later in the weekend if you're more confident in their score.

Thoughts?
I like it and have used the looped donut/emergency thing when my non playing rook has a later game. Wouldn't mind seeing the whole ' rolling lockout thing' similar to SC

Thoughts?
Loophole is fine.

Theres so much information out there now that the top 20,000 teams all look very similar and vanilla. The loopholes which can be done with vice-captain and emergencies helps separate the men from the boys. I looked ahead and identified which teams were playing in the Thursday/Wednesday games and that contributed to my decision to have certain players like Treloar and Brayshaw. Its actually a good thing to help separate the teams a bit. Same with the byes. If you plan for them and use the feature to your advantage then you should be rewarded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back