Game Day Round 3, 2024: West Coast vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shouldn't really even be in the discussion, that's why.

Nobody actually thinks even Simpson is dumb enough to bring him back after 1 WAFL game. That said, why is he even on the extended bench and supposedly in the mix? Where is Burgiel (apparently he's had his appendix out and yet is still an arguably better selection than Gaff) or Hall? Why have we, in a supposedly rebuilding team not moved on from the slow as treacle, soon to be 32yr old who's footballing confidence is at an all time low?

1 week in the WAFL doesn't fix that, let alone a WAFL practice game against an understrength team.

Just like last week, after they dropped him then named him anyway, it's a very bizarre thing for the MC to be doing.

Hall is on managed minutes. He’s not as close to selection as some would like to think imo. Will be another 1-2 maybe even 3 WAFL games before he really comes into contention.

Gaff on the bench is fine, even as travelling emergency.

And he didn't;t really set tasty alight either. 29 disposals and one goal in a WAFL practice match isn't knocking the door down IMO.

I don’t think anyone is under any illusions that he did dominate or knock it out of the park. He wasn’t listed by the club as a stand out in the WAFL write up.

What good does bringing him along as a traveling emergency do for him finding touch and getting his football mojo back in a competitive hitout?

Absolutely nothing.

I’d much rather Gaff to have a week off footy than Hall or Johnston.

How does not playing footy at any level help a young player develop?

What good does bringing him along as a traveling emergency do for him finding touch and getting his football mojo back in a competitive hitout?

Absolutely nothing.

Not all the emergencies travel. Usually it’s only one. Dewar was the only one we took to Adelaide two weeks ago.

And if Gaff does travel, this is the upside.

I'd think having someone of Gaffs experience in the WAFL would be very beneficial. He should be one of the better players plus he should provide some much needed leadership. I do hope he comes back into the firsts after he bangs the door down but this week I'd rather see him support our younger boys develop in the WAFL then play for the AFL side or travel as an emergency.

Simpson said on 6PR we’re all not planning on taking 24 across

Said Johnston is in the 26 because he’s been playing well but also said he’s probably not quite ready for AFL

Was noncommittal on the likelihood of Gaff playing

Suspect Johnston travels for the experience whilst Gaff stays home

One of Jilliams or Barnett to stay home to play WAFL

Always knew it was gonna be one and done for Gaff's WAFL stint.
Golden Globes Sexy Man GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shouldn't really even be in the discussion, that's why.

Nobody actually thinks even Simpson is dumb enough to bring him back after 1 WAFL game. That said, why is he even on the extended bench and supposedly in the mix? Where is Burgiel (apparently he's had his appendix out and yet is still an arguably better selection than Gaff) or Hall? Why have we, in a supposedly rebuilding team not moved on from the slow as treacle, soon to be 32yr old who's footballing confidence is at an all time low?

1 week in the WAFL doesn't fix that, let alone a WAFL practice game against an understrength team.

Just like last week, after they dropped him then named him anyway, it's a very bizarre thing for the MC to be doing.
Pretty sure it’s been mentioned already but I’d rather have Gaff as the travelling emergency and let the kids play for the Beagles. Seems a bit pointless to take someone like a Dewar away with us and have him sit on the pine for 2 weeks when he could be getting valuable minutes.

Gaff isn’t playing WAFL to develop, he’s there to send a message to himself and the rest of the squad. He’s not missing out on anything by not playing.

Nick Stones brother?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

he sounds like an eagle already

I was pretty close: Gaff, Jilliams and Johnston added to the extended bench.

And Burgiel had his appendix out yesterday so he’s out for a few weeks. Who had “removed appendix” in Unique Injury Bingo?

Simpson said on 6PR we’re all not planning on taking 24 across

Said Johnston is in the 26 because he’s been playing well but also said he’s probably not quite ready for AFL

Was noncommittal on the likelihood of Gaff playing

Suspect Johnston travels for the experience whilst Gaff stays home

One of Jilliams or Barnett to stay home to play WAFL
Pleased to hear Johnstone is progressing well then!

I’d just like to give this bloke the big thumbs up, I’ve never seen him not give his all, obviously put a heap of work in, both on the track and in the gym, just about always played as an undersized ruckman, and now learning the ropes down back.
If every player tried as hard as this young fella, we’d be sitting prouder than a honeymooners dick.
Great stuff Callum!
IMG_9771.jpeg

I’d just like to give this bloke the big thumbs up, I’ve never seen him not give his all, obviously put a heap of work in, both on the track and in the gym, just about always played as an undersized ruckman, and now learning the ropes down back.
If every player tried as hard as this young fella, we’d be sitting prouder than a honeymooners dick.
Great stuff Callum!
View attachment 1942675
Simmo just gotta leave him down back and see how it goes long term. Stop moving him forward, then to ruck when he will never play in those positions long term

pioneer!!

Nicholas G. Stone (born 19 September 1972) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with the West Coast Eagles in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was the first person to be charged under the AFL's anti-doping code with recreational drug.[1]

pioneer!!

Nicholas G. Stone (born 19 September 1972) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with the West Coast Eagles in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was the first person to be charged under the AFL's anti-doping code with recreational drug.[1]

Nicholas Stoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back