Game Day Round 4, 2020: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
very tough game. Tigers out of form. Will they get it back or not? I think that decides the winner. We can’t beat them at their best but we can on the first 2 games back. I hoping their form continues but logically think it may not. Saints by a quarter of a point. Lonie to kick that quarter of a point.

Apparently one at punt road 10.45 , Viewing wont be great though as i doubt they will let you in , im going anyway

I drove past this morning, you can see Richmond training there from Punt road, I can't see how they can move you on from there unless there are big numbers. It's got a massive Punt road frontage with a low see through fence.

I suspect like most Sainters, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I got unrealistically confident before last weeks game. This week, the hope is that this strange season gives us a half-in Tigers and we can get back that zip and accurate conversion that cut up the Dogs.

For any faint chance of playing finals I think we need to win here. We could be equal last on the ladder if results go against us after a loss. I hope Ratts has them fired up and playing for pride while Richmond's hangover continues.

I predict a 22 point Saints win (through hope not logic).

very tough game. Tigers out of form. Will they get it back or not? I think that decides the winner. We can’t beat them at their best but we can on the first 2 games back. I hoping their form continues but logically think it may not. Saints by a quarter of a point. Lonie to kick that quarter of a point.
Yeah not overly confident!
Beware the wounded Tiger!
We are not without a chance if we are fair dinkum and desperately want to atone for last week's debacle. Which you would expect us to be!
Plus being at Marvel will help us.
Lonie being the size of a quarter of a point post may well be able to manage that winning quarter of a point plugger speaks of!
One thing you can be sure of if he runs into that post there won't be any Leigh Matthews consequence except to Jack himself who just may break in half!

I drove past this morning, you can see Richmond training there from Punt road, I can't see how they can move you on from there unless there are big numbers. It's got a massive Punt road frontage with a low see through fence.
Yep your right, it's ok on punt road 15932176020422386811759142574949.jpg

The Tigers have been horribly out of form.

No reason why we cant win this match.

Steele to actually tag Martin because let's face facts he cant play as a pure mid as he seems to get lost and becomes ineffective. Martin is still sore and if we can curb his influence we are pretty much 70% of the way there.

Our mids needs need to actually turn up and do something unlike last week who were witches hats. I don't buy into this cr@p that they were caught off guard or the pressure was on etc. If you cant get the ball (which we were second to all day) then you can lay a bloody tackle! Which we couldn't even do that. That's pure effort and nothing else!

I'm in neither camp when it comes to Ryder, but people wanting him dropped have rocks in their heads. He has actually outperformed Marshall this year. Make no mistake, Marshall was absolutely towelled up by Grundy last week like i've never seen before. Ryder actually held his own (68% game time all up). You can't blame Ryder, last week's Grundy demolished was purely on Marshall's shoulders.

Ryder does need to lift his output in the forward line, but he seems to be helping out King as it's taking a bit off attention away from him. Membrey on the other hand has gone completely MIA and should be tearing it up playing on the 3rd best defender as opposed to 1st/2nd that he was last year.

Will be paying attention to the below players to bounce back and lead us because they are comprehensively beaten in their respective positions which lead to the result that it was.

Ross
Hanners
Membrey
Hill
Billings
Marshall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind seeing a starting 3 in the middle being Steele to blanket Martin, Jones for some grunt and Clark to get as many minutes as possible to give us some class!
Start Gresham and Billings forward!
Battle at CHF with Hill and Hannabery on the wings!

It’s funny what you see if you want to see it. Ryder helping king? How? Why isn’t marshall or most likely neither. Yes Ryder was ok in hitting the ball last week, better than Marshall but Grundy got much more of the ball when Ryder rucked than when Marshall rucked because Grundy actually seemed to respect Marshall ground play and didn’t seem to have any respect for Ryder ground play. At least Marshall hit the scoreboard when rucking. That always worries the opposition ruckman. As I said we see what we want to see and I saw that.
And finally no idea why you think membery is getting the third best defender. I would say he is getting the best if that defender is suitable. Last year he was getting the second best most times. Think that is a big difference.
LOl

Ryder had 68% game time and i would arguable split that 50/50 between the forward line and ruck. Marshall on the other hand had 85% game time. Don't let your hatred of Ryder get in the way of what really happened last week. Marshall got absolutely towelled up.

Stats last game

Ryder (64.43 min TOG out of 95.38)
8 Disposals
7 Contested Possessions
2 Score Involements
2 Clearances
17 Hit Outs

Marshall (80.26 min TOG out of 95.38)
14 Disposals
5 Contested Possessions
3 Score Involvements
1 Goal
0 Clearances
11 Hit Outs

Grundy (74.57 min TOG out of 95.38)
20 Disposals
12 Contested Possessions
5 Score Involements
3 Clearances
31 Hitouts

Marshall had the most time on ground out of the 3 ruckman and the least hit outs and contested possessions. He absolutely got towelled up.

Looking at the team lineup, I don't really get our side today. We seem to have a lot of tall forward types... Membrey, King, Marsh, Battle, Marhsall/Ryder. With that type of a lineup you'd want to be dominating in the midfield. Ratts has certainly backed them in after last week. Hopefully the players can respond.

The Tigers are an exceptional team. They will be out to make a statement today.

LOl

Ryder had 68% game time and i would arguable split that 50/50 between the forward line and ruck. Marshall on the other hand had 85% game time. Don't let your hatred of Ryder get in the way of what really happened last week. Marshall got absolutely towelled up.

Stats last game

Ryder (64.43 min TOG out of 95.38)
8 Disposals
7 Contested Possessions
2 Score Involements
2 Clearances
17 Hit Outs

Marshall (80.26 min TOG out of 95.38)
14 Disposals
5 Contested Possessions
3 Score Involvements
1 Goal
0 Clearances
11 Hit Outs

Grundy (74.57 min TOG out of 95.38)
20 Disposals
12 Contested Possessions
5 Score Involements
3 Clearances
31 Hitouts

Marshall had the most time on ground out of the 3 ruckman and the least hit outs and contested possessions. He absolutely got towelled up.
Yep those hit outs mean so much. Did you notice the hit outs last night compared to the clearances? Ryder playing is stuffing up our most promising player. Marshall and Ryder are very ordinary forwards. We know last year marshall was close to the third best ruck in the afl. He would be lucky to be the 20th best this year. Fair enough if it’s helping our side win but it isn’t. 2 out of the 3 games the opposition ruckman has been in the top 3 on the ground. That probably happened only twice in 20 games last year.

Grundy dined on both Marshall and Ryder but Ryder definitely had more time in the ruck than Marshall. Ryder did 13 centre bounces, to Marshall's seven. That's not a full proof stat but it's a pretty fair indicator that Ryder did more of the ruckwork and Marshall was forward a fair bit. Ryder didn't go forward much.

Yep those hit outs mean so much. Did you notice the hit outs last night compared to the clearances? Ryder playing is stuffing up our most promising player. Marshall and Ryder are very ordinary forwards. We know last year marshall was close to the third best ruck in the afl. He would be lucky to be the 20th best this year. Fair enough if it’s helping our side win but it isn’t. 2 out of the 3 games the opposition ruckman has been in the top 3 on the ground. That probably happened only twice in 20 games last year.
I couldn't care about last night. All i care about is last week. If you think hitouts don't matter you may want to watch Grundy's work last week and what he done to us and how he fed the pies mids. Also while you are at it, you may want to watch or re watch our game against the dogs to see what happens when you beat the opposition ruckman in hitouts. Actually watch Goldstein against us in round 1 as well and get back to me.

Ryder isn't stuffing up Marshall at all. When he has been in the ruck he has been beaten quiet comprehensively against Grundy/Goldstein. That has nothing to do with Ryder. If anything it's potentially helping him have a rest from the crash and bash while ryder wears out the ruck when Marshall isnt in (better than Bruce rucking). Maybe Marshall has been drinking his own bather water over the off season and during ISO.. Time will tell, but to say it's Ryders fault is absolutely ridiculous.

Grundy dined on both Marshall and Ryder but Ryder definitely had more time in the ruck than Marshall. Ryder did 13 centre bounces, to Marshall's seven. That's not a full proof stat but it's a pretty fair indicator that Ryder did more of the ruckwork and Marshall was forward a fair bit. Ryder didn't go forward much.
The reason that was the case was because Marshall got completely rag dolled around the ground. Out of those times that Marshall started, i would guess most if not all of them would gave been in the first half.... just at a guess..

I couldn't care about last night. All i care about is last week. If you think hitouts don't matter you may want to watch Grundy's work last week and what he done to us and how he fed the pies mids. Also while you are at it, you may want to watch or re watch our game against the dogs to see what happens when you beat the opposition ruckman in hitouts. Actually watch Goldstein against us in round 1 as well and get back to me.

Ryder isn't stuffing up Marshall at all. When he has been in the ruck he has been beaten quiet comprehensively against Grundy/Goldstein. That has nothing to do with Ryder. If anything it's potentially helping him have a rest from the crash and bash while ryder wears out the ruck when Marshall isnt in (better than Bruce rucking). Maybe Marshall has been drinking his own bather water over the off season and during ISO.. Time will tell, but to say it's Ryders fault is absolutely ridiculous.
It’s not ryders fault. It’s the saints fault. Hit outs mean jack if the midfield is better or worse than the opposition on the day. Grundy has more hit outs to advantage last night that the previous week but the gws midfield pressured their midfield better than we did the week before. And our midfield killed the bulldogs. I bet we win the hit outs today but in the end that will make little difference. Its hilarious that last year hit outs meant nothing but now they do for some to justify the stupidity of playing 2 rucks. And of course Ryder playing can effect Marshall when he rucks. Haven’t you heard of confidence? Marshall goes into the ruck not touching the ball up forward. As if that would effect a young players confidence.

It’s not ryders fault. It’s the saints fault. Hit outs mean jack if the midfield is better or worse than the opposition on the day. Grundy has more hit outs to advantage last night that the previous week but the gws midfield pressured their midfield better than we did the week before. And our midfield killed the bulldogs. I bet we win the hit outs today but in the end that will make little difference. Its hilarious that last year hit outs meant nothing but now they do for some to justify the stupidity of playing 2 rucks. And of course Ryder playing can effect Marshall when he rucks. Haven’t you heard of confidence? Marshall goes into the ruck not touching the ball up forward. As if that would effect a young players confidence.
let's agree to disagree because this will drag on.

hopefully they both fire up in the ruck and up forward today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back