Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I believe so.

King is also slightly bigger than his recorded height too.
I reckon when we were talking about player comparisons the other day we missed the obvious one. As an attacking player his speed, explosiveness, agility, freakishness, marking and goal sense is like prime Jake Stringer without the obvious flaws (s**t campaigner & no tank). Putting him in the midfield as an impact player will burst games open.

All the insane King talk combined with failing attempts to book tickets to our Blues clash going to have me splitting wigs.

All the current youngsters will be suckling at The King’s teat upon his return.
Any suggestion to the contrary cements your place in the doldrums of dullardry alongside George and his ridiculous RTB doubts.
I have to see things before believing them, right wing cooker. Looking forward to more Greta Thunberg conspiracy theories from you.

Q3 13:35 to Q3 12:25

We kicked 3 goals in 60 seconds lol

Hill gets 3 goes at it then kicks a brilliant goal.

Ronny with a huge tackle and free for the middle goal. and then shakes and bakes in the centre to set up the third.

Mitchy takes a big grab and hands it off to cordy for the snap. And then 20 seconds later kicks the highlight of the game.

Probably the loudest 20k you'll ever hear haha.

But wow that first 8 minutes of the third is just phenomenal watching.

Game went from on the edge to done and dusted in a minute.

Interesting discussion on the hammer, skunk, king debate.

I have small question marks on membrey, his key attribute as a forward is his vertical mark, he's at an age where maybe the vertical declines a little and is coming back from injury. Meanwhile caminiti is crashing packs just for fun and bouncing up.

Think we could have both. Membrey is a much better player around the ground and can pick up 15+disposals pretty well if used that way, I'm sure the coaches can get him to move the ball faster. 3rd target flanker, but that comes at the price of someone like pou, which is not ideal.

If we can keep king and caminiti seperate in the forward line then we may avoid the issue of king being swarmed. But that probably comes at the cost of a ruck chopout, also not ideal.

Halfway through this post I'm coming to the realisation I have a lot of thoughts on this and f* all idea of what I would do, thankfully I'm not a coach.
I'll get back to you
When Membrey was up and about during preseason training he had no issue moving the ball quickly!

I honestly think Caminiti king membrey all play in the same side .. I don’t think that makes us too tall because membrey has always had to play taller than he is , think it means he can push up more with Caminiti and king plays deep .. all very agile and good at ground level

This won’t be popular but I honestly think when it comes to it Windhager is one of the ones to make way
I think butler and Cordy are the ones to make way for king and membrey.windy pou Owens & gresh will all have some sort of rotation through the midfield butts lack of diversity in other rolls will be his downfall would make him the perfect sub tho

I think butler and Cordy are the ones to make way for king and membrey.windy pou Owens & gresh will all have some sort of rotation through the midfield butts lack of diversity in other rolls will be his downfall would make him the perfect sub tho
That's 7 years with no 'burnt' dp's. Yeah let's go back to Jodie Arnol

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COVID did us a massive favour in a sense

It allowed us to hide how good Owens and Windy actually are.

No TAC cup for 2 years really gave us a helping hand.
Had they been able to play a full season no way those 2 would of fallen as far as they did
Yeah it's already time for Saints supporters to stop moaning about it. We've got 2 of the best, and word is that McLennan is also something to watch.

Would love if Marvel starts packing out for our games.

21k is pretty low even if it was against Gold Coast, especially when we’re flying!
Easter weekend, crap weather etc....But I have to say I was amazed at how loud the crowd was for only 21k !! The loudest I have heard a saints crowd for years!! And really up and about outside the ground after the game despite the crap weather!! This is what happens when you have a team that lift the spirits of the fans and spark their imaginations!! The energy was somehting I have not seenm from our crowd for over a decade and it was great!

I would love to know what Ross said to our players at half time because we destroyed them after that, the game was still in the balance at half time.

Maybe BJ gave them a rocket.
BJ belted all the half-time snacks off the table and stared them all down and asked who thought they had worked hard enough to deserve a half-time snack!!

Mitchito got some pretzels.......

What's with all of this King v Caminiti malarkey? We have both of them, so they'll never have to compete against each other.

Also, the fact that they share seperate strengths is actually a good thing. Caminiti's aggression will help King insofar as defenders won't be able to peel off for the double team that he's been facing his whole career.

Equally, King's ability to be a focal point will help Caminiti as instead of drawing the number 1 defender, he'll get the second or even 3rd best guy. I'm sure last night he would much have much preferred to have been lined up against Ballard as opposed to Collins.

The only real problem that the two will face is how they both function in the same forward line, but I think they'll work great together. When King returns, it frees The Hammer to work up to the wing and take contested marks with his nice leap.

And because we now have someone else to do this, big Maxy will be allowed to play as a deeper target, where he'll be able to use his height and turn of speed to greater effect.

Its all gravy guys, not a pissing contest.
Max would be salivating at the thought of having a partner in crime to take some of the attention from him.
No more will he be having 2 or 3 defenders on him.

Ryan Byrnes.

I shout out to the young man. The efforts were huge.

Blows my mind that the Suns did not go for Clarko or RTB when available. That list should be finishing top 4.

The appointment of Lyon and Clarko shows how overrated "process" is when selecting a coach. Especially for a guy who's done it before. Just go and get the guy you want and back him in.

Also how bloody good is Mitch Owens. Breakout game x100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back