Game Day Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF ...
the on-field side of this club suddenly looks very good under Ross The Boss ...

THEN ...
rest assured that the planning, scheming, loophole-seeking – and maybe even some plain old thoughts of skulduggery (yes, thoughts only!!!) – of recruiters Gubby and SOS will be taking shape behind the scenes. Very quickly positioning itself a desired place to be for free agents and footballers seeking a new home.

Geez, you know we're goin' alright when even the DamiBarre is getting onboard. 😳

6 goal win

Nervous Joe Jonas GIF by The Roku Channel

Somehow I feel this one is more important than it probably is. Obviously over the moon with our start but it's early days and there seems to be quite a few teams that are better this year than we might've thought. With that I guess there are some teams that haven't started as well as expected but so far I think it's shaping up to be one of the more even seasons of recent years. Almost like any team could beat anyone on a given day. Banking these early wins, especially at home against the lower ranked interstate teams, is simply a must if we're to feature reasonably higher up the ladder later in the year. Every single match will be a 50/50 at least until we get a forward line back, and Steele out for a bit will hurt against the better teams.

Tonight will be another close one between these two teams I reckon, they have good players everywhere, Anderson, Miller, Rowell and Witts in the guts just for starters. Interesting after almost fifty goals last year Chol is playing in the VFL with Bing's return. Glad he's out, he's a dangerous player. And speaking of Bing, let's hope he doesn't have the huge game tonight that probably isn't too far away for him. Save that for next week against Freo thanks Ben. 👍

Somehow I feel this one is more important than it probably is. Obviously over the moon with our start but it's early days and there seems to be quite a few teams that are better this year than we might've thought. With that I guess there are some teams that haven't started as well as expected but so far I think it's shaping up to be one of the more even seasons of recent years. Almost like any team could beat anyone on a given day. Banking these early wins, especially at home against the lower ranked interstate teams, is simply a must if we're to feature reasonably higher up the ladder later in the year. Every single match will be a 50/50 at least until we get a forward line back, and Steele out for a bit will hurt against the better teams.

Tonight will be another close one between these two teams I reckon, they have good players everywhere, Anderson, Miller, Rowell and Witts in the guts just for starters. Interesting after almost fifty goals last year Chol is playing in the VFL with Bing's return. Glad he's out, he's a dangerous player. And speaking of Bing, let's hope he doesn't have the huge game tonight that probably isn't too far away for him. Save that for next week against Freo thanks Ben. 👍

We're St Kilda. Never take a game for granite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies and Blues to follow, so it would be very nice if we can bank a win this week.

The Suns have a lot of quality players. Plus they are very well balanced So we will need to play the best team football on the night to come out on top.

So far this season we have been the best at playing "team" football. We need that team pressure so the the Suns do not get on a role.

The Cats this have by contrast this season shown what can happen when a team is not quite switched on and motivated.

Got to love how simple RTB sees the game. When asked the other day if he considers playing a second ruck to help out Ro his response is because Ro plays extra minutes during the match he gets more time off during the week to recover. This is why he is such a good coach. He doesn’t over complicate things. He no doubt adopts this same philosophy to game plans and structures which bodes well to the playing group understanding their role and responsibilities.

Saints by 6 goals.

I feel like I felt going to those Saturday night games in 2009 and 2010 games. It's weird to be so confident that the team is going to at least have a good bloody crack.
I'm not as confident as those years, particularly with the injuries to key players. I am starting to become just as excited though!

If we go 4 zip up we're a red hot chance to play finals.

I don't care about last year 8-3 etc. We weren't playing that great.
Last year we came from behind quite a few times with a purple patch of goals, rather than through 4 quarters of good footy.

The only exceptions were playing the bottom teams like Hawthorn.

This year we've comprehensively been the better team in all 3 games.

I don’t think I’ll ever feel confident before a game

Have not been confident going into games since 2009.

Gold Coast have a strong team and we have struggled against them over the last couple of years.

Rowell, Witts, Anderson etc can cause us some strife.

Really enjoying watching Caminiti playing with freedom and having a crack, hoping we can continue with the pressure and win the midfield battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back