Autopsy Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *PERIS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

It's worth pointing something our regarding these numbers.

Jimmy Webster was one of the older players for us on the weekend at 30. He's played 143 games. That's at least 50 short of what you would expect a 30 year old to be at. Wood at 29 has played 110. This has been a problem for us for a very long time...

... but it is being addressed. Windy and NWM are in their second season and are past 30 games played. Owens at 23 - none of these three are yet 21 years old. Phillipou at 17, Caminiti at 14 in their first seasons.

So we are getting games into kids all of a sudden, but it didn't really happen before last year.

giphy.gif

It's worth pointing something our regarding these numbers.

Jimmy Webster was one of the older players for us on the weekend at 30. He's played 143 games. That's at least 50 short of what you would expect a 30 year old to be at. Wood at 29 has played 110. This has been a problem for us for a very long time...

... but it is being addressed. Windy and NWM are in their second season and are past 30 games played. Owens at 23 - none of these three are yet 21 years old. Phillipou at 17, Caminiti at 14 in their first seasons.

So we are getting games into kids all of a sudden, but it didn't really happen before last year.
Webster's issues have been injury, nothing to do with form and wood spent the first 7 years with the Kangas so I'm not sure what you're trying to say

Webster's issues have been injury, nothing to do with form and wood spent the first 7 years with the Kangas so I'm not sure what you're trying to say

We've consistently put older YET less experienced teams on the park in terms of games played. I don't think anyone would say that is a desirable situation.

You'd rather be younger but more experienced.

We've consistently put older YET less experienced teams on the park in terms of games played. I don't think anyone would say that is a desirable situation.

You'd rather be younger but more experienced.
So do you want to tell who should have ben playing instead of Mason or Jimmy and don't say Paton as he is done in my opinion

Could we um, manage to um, give Steele some um, um, media um, media training? It's um, it's kind of um, kind of annoying listening to um, to um, to him.
Just like Harvey, you cand get all the media training there is (And I'm sure that Harvey got the trainkng) but still you can conky communicate how it you ah, humming ahhhing, etc

So do you want to tell who should have ben playing instead of Mason or Jimmy and don't say Paton as he is done in my opinion

First of all, you can ask me a question but you don't get to tell me how to answer.

And it's a pretty disingenuous assessment of the point I was making. Jimmy would be one of my first chosen at the moment, and Wood's last 2 seasons have been excellent. But there is a pretty clear correlation between getting games into youngsters and becoming successful. The last three dynasties (Geelong, Hawthorn and Richmond) have all been built on this, and we haven't managed it. Now we look like we are, as I clearly demonstrated in my initial post on the subject.

And Paton should probably come in for Stocker this week, as Stocker's form has trailed off and he could use a rest or an easy kill.

First of all, you can ask me a question but you don't get to tell me how to answer.

And it's a pretty disingenuous assessment of the point I was making. Jimmy would be one of my first chosen at the moment, and Wood's last 2 seasons have been excellent. But there is a pretty clear correlation between getting games into youngsters and becoming successful. The last three dynasties (Geelong, Hawthorn and Richmond) have all been built on this, and we haven't managed it. Now we look like we are, as I clearly demonstrated in my initial post on the subject.

And Paton should probably come in for Stocker this week, as Stocker's form has trailed off and he could use a rest or an easy kill.
I'd play Stocker this week. He needs to find form for the upcoming Blues game.

Really Paton , Stocker had one bad game 3 weeks ago , not sure who you have been watching

I’d go back to Paton as the small defender, where he was excellent early. Maybe he doesn’t get back to that. So he is a back up to Jimmy / waits for him to retire, but not sure he’ll be good enough for a wing/mid role ultimately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really Paton , Stocker had one bad game 3 weeks ago , not sure who you have been watching

We aren't looking for individuals who are dreadful.
We are looking for players who can't help deliver our earlier form.

Stocker's first few games were 20,18, 17,26 disposals.
His last four were 18,9, 19, 13.
It sure as hell isn't because the ball hasn't been up his end as much.
No clearances in the last 6 games. CP's down.
If you didn't see him mess up, its because he's not getting as much of the ball.

Stocker is at least putting in.

Plenty ahead of him in the "drop em" convo for mine.

He's fine, he's a GOP at the moment. Probably holding Paton out ....just. He's a real lock on type of defender so perhaps his opponents numbers are more relevant but he's making a few more errors lately with his kicking.

He's fine, he's a GOP at the moment. Probably holding Paton out ....just. He's a real lock on type of defender so perhaps his opponents numbers are more relevant but he's making a few more errors lately with his kicking.
Im not disputing his form has dropped off a bit (id love to see him given a run in the middle personally) im just pointing out hes very clearly still trying his ass off and generally performing okay.

There are many others id like to see dropped for their form drops and more importanly effort drops.

Yeah but Stock looks like he's happily slap a fist on someone if they annoyed him. Paton looks like a possum caught sneaking in the back door

Remove this Banner Ad

Back