Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler has trailed off after a really good six weeks... When Higgins comes back you would think there is room for only one of Butler and Peris.
Don’t think Butler has anything to worry about
In the best 18 easily this year
One of the top defensive forwards in the AFL this year RTB has mentioned him many times
Also 24 goals 11 has been good all year

One of the top defensive forwards in the AFL this year RTB has mentioned him many times
Rating elite for all the defensive stats and still kicking his 1.5 goals a game. Ross should be loving him.

Rating elite for all the defensive stats and still kicking his 1.5 goals a game. Ross should be loving him.

I'm loving him too, his performances after the Adelaide game have been very good. But Peris plays the same position the same way and we probably only have room for one in the team when everyone is fit. Let's not discount the possibility that Peris grabs the spot with both hands and makes the decision difficult.

I'm loving him too, his performances after the Adelaide game have been very good. But Peris plays the same position the same way and we probably only have room for one in the team when everyone is fit. Let's not discount the possibility that Peris grabs the spot with both hands and makes the decision difficult.
No you said Butler trailed off after a really good 6 weeks which he hasn’t, Hope Peris smash’s it but don’t see him pushing Butler out

He's coming in for Higgins/billings

So a largely ineffective tall forward line with s**t delivery. That's us with a full list to choose from. We played better when we didn't have too many choices and had to think our way through it. Sharman was very good when we had run out of options the last time. Hopefully they surprise you.
We legitimately would be better off this week kicking to the advantage side grass patch, with limited height and maximum speed on the kick, and letting Owens and Butler go to work at ground level.

If we long bomb again (likely), expect another record of intercept D50 marks for the Suns.

It'll be Groundhog Day for our F50 entries!

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Butler's last fortnight hasn't been as good as the few weeks preceding it.
So 2 games?
May and Lever 20 plus intercept marks
Butler and Higgins type’s need the ball on the ground

So a largely ineffective tall forward line with s**t delivery. That's us with a full list to choose from. We played better when we didn't have too many choices and had to think our way through it. Sharman was very good when we had run out of options the last time. Hopefully they surprise you.
Your definition of "very good" must be pretty low. Sharman was just OK in the forward line in his first game against North - after that - meah!!!

I'd be very surprised if he was able to do that, but it would obviously be a positive thing if he were to he able to out perform Butler who is almost in career best form IMO

Caminiti (Only tall forward) 196cm
Sharman (pretend tall forward/2nd ruck) 193 cm
Mason Wood (winger - pretend tall forward 192cm)

+ our delivery i50 = disaster

Lol pretend tall fwd
Another Cooper hater I've noticed over the last month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Peris getting rewarded for effort and hope he has a great 1st game. Shouldn't lose to GC, but we'll need to be more creative with our forward entries. Myb King being out will force our players to lower there eyes more and the forwards to lead more.

Hope our forwardline is Hammer at FF, Sharman CHF with Owens as the 3rd.

GC's mids are good, so it's critical Steele and Gresh retain the form of last week

Lol pretend tall fwd
Another Cooper hater I've noticed over the last month
Nah - not a hater but certainly don't think he is starting 22 in our best side.

He's playing because of injuries (which is not a criticism of him) and is a great depth player because he's a good utility player who can fill in a number of roles.

I'd put him as about 25 to 30 on our list.

Regardless of whether we think Peris is ready.

Regardless of whether Peris is actually ready.

He does have a POD (speed, tackling)

We all cry out for players with a POD.

And he has it. In spades.

Paton and Bytel are same, same.

Connolly may have some attributes but he just doesn't do enough.

Others are simply injured.

So yeah; give me the PODmeister thank you Mr Lyon :cool:

I think the team pushes back to help the defence leaving a less desired forward structure going on the counter. With the lack of quality foot skills from our midfielders it probably shows why we are in the bottom 4 in the league for scoring.

I've been pretty flat with the way we've been playing. Last week I saw a few things that gave me some hope. Play well and win this week and I'll start to believe again.

Don't care what's going on with them regarding coaches etc.... just want us to bring it for 4 quarters and play some smarter footy.

Last edited:
Martin - Cotchin - Presti - Edwards

Hope Peris smashes it and wrapped for him but I don’t think he is anymore ready then Heath

I think they want a Snags replacement and he's the only small forward on the books. Jack Lonie was probably the last depth small forward we had. Don't mind the idea of Peris and Butler dialling the tempo up in the forward line. Their tall backline will need to move the ball quickly and that means they make skill errors. We aren't going to win a shoot out so maybe just shoot them in the knees instead. Kick the ball in dirty and let the smalls lock it in.

No you said Butler trailed off after a really good 6 weeks which he hasn’t, Hope Peris smash’s it but don’t see him pushing Butler out

Butler has given me the shits in the past couple of seasons. He seems to choose when he wants to put in but under Lyon he seems to have found consistency. He's not a flashy small forward but he's exactly what Lyon likes- defensive minded pressure forward who can hurt going the other way given half a chance.

Not unexpected that the lad got a game, he has a crack and has some pace , Byrnes may want to watch and learn how to tackle

Butler has trailed off after a really good six weeks... When Higgins comes back you would think there is room for only one of Butler and Peris.
Peris hasn't even played a game and your saying he is putting pressure on Butler ,

He isn't a pretend tall forward

Lol at 30 on the list

You're in far north QLD territory now
8 games - 5 as sub in a season where we have been decimated by injury shows he clearly is no where near starting 22. Good depth.

Tall fwd behind King, Caminiti and Hayes

Hybrid tall behind Membrey, Phillipou, Owens

Tall defender - nah not even in the equation

Hybrid defender behind Wilkie, Battle, Coffield

As for not being a "pretend" tall forward - looks like that's the job he'll be asked to do this week. If he gets more than 10 possessions and a goal I'll be rapt - evidence suggests its unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back