Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think Peris was ready
Would’ve had Heath ahead of him
Tbh I haven’t seen either so I wouldn’t know, but hopefully the match committee know what they’re doing.

Would like to see Heath sometime this year though.

Marshall (Ruck) 201 cm
then its

Caminiti (Only tall forward) 196cm
Sharman (pretend tall forward/2nd ruck) 193 cm
Mason Wood (winger - pretend tall forward 192cm)

+ our delivery i50 = disaster

So a largely ineffective tall forward line with s**t delivery. That's us with a full list to choose from. We played better when we didn't have too many choices and had to think our way through it. Sharman was very good when we had run out of options the last time. Hopefully they surprise you.

So a largely ineffective tall forward line with s**t delivery. That's us with a full list to choose from. We played better when we didn't have too many choices and had to think our way through it. Sharman was very good when we had run out of options the last time. Hopefully they surprise you.
I like Sharman as a forward , he only needs a few touches in the forward line because he is a good kick.
And of course Owens will be hard to cover just due to his attack on the ball , let's just hope Hammer can cause some damage.

Hope the kids a star but defensive pressure in the 2s is going to be a massive step up for a 69kg kid
A lot of crew have been worried about him being 69 kilograms but that was his draft weight not his current weight…which is now 75kgs…
and if you saw some of his tackles at Sandy, you would see that he certainly tackles above his weight!

If Jack does no good they can give the jumper to Nova. she would probably star. First indigenous person to win an Olympic Gold medal as a member of the hockey team, then backed it up with a Bronze on the track.. Later appointed to the Senate. She as made a success at whatever she has put her hand to. hope young Jack follows in his mums footsteps.

GCS issue is their lack of a transition game...which revolves around spread. We have gone small to improve our spread capabilities they have gone tall which probably diminishes that capability.

We will run them off their feet or die trying. That's the game...oh we also need to mark inside 50 kick straight and half the contests.

All with a forward line that has no one other than Wood who is over 6 foot and played more than 20 games.

Going to be an interesting watch now that Swans beat Dogs means the eight is wide open even for the Suns if they win starting by beating us. If not their season is over.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a huge game for us to have a chance at finals. The Doggies just lost and Essendon and Geelong are playing eachother. If we had fallen over the line against Richmond or Hawks it would have been huge but we didn't. If we can pinch this one it will go a long way to making finals. I know we aren't doing anything in September but it will be nice to have a big final at the G.

Not much gets me more pumped than speed in the forward line. Hoping Peris gets some big run down tackles.

It seems like an impossible task but I’d be telling our tall forwards don’t even try to mark it just make sure GC don’t and we should get them on the ground. I’m struggling to see how we can kick enough goals to win though, 12 seems to be our maximum lately and I’m not even sure we can kick that many. Our only hope is to cause a lot of turnovers with this smaller forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I haven’t seen either so I wouldn’t know, but hopefully the match committee know what they’re doing.

Would like to see Heath sometime this year though.
Having seen Sandy a bit, I would say Peris was always closer to getting a senior game than Heath. I think Heath has good attributes but is pretty slow and needs a couple of months on the running track over summer

I didn’t think Peris was ready
Would’ve had Heath ahead of him
Heath looks a little to slow IMO. Needs another pre season of building up his running and tank.

Richmond won a flag with Riewoldt as their only key forward and Shaun Grigg as their second ruck. They could have thrown a 200cm player in just for the sake of it but none of them were up to it so they found a way to make it work.

Huge opportunity now to cement ourselves in the eight. Massive game now.

To play finals we have to beat Gold Coast, North, Hawks and one of Tigers, Geelong, Brisbane or Carlton. With the injury list we have it's not going to be easy but very achievable still.

This would be a very good one to bank. Otherwise it pushes to beating two of that better pool.

Heath looks a little to slow IMO. Needs another pre season of building up his running and tank.

Richmond won a flag with Riewoldt as their only key forward and Shaun Grigg as their second ruck. They could have thrown a 200cm player in just for the sake of it but none of them were up to it so they found a way to make it work.
Martin - Cotchin - Presti - Edwards

Hope Peris smashes it and wrapped for him but I don’t think he is anymore ready then Heath

Hope Peris smashes it and wrapped for him but I don’t think he is anymore ready then Heath
I don't think he's quite afl quality either but he has the pace and pressure to play a certain a role

We had a great start to the year with Owens as our main man up there. He and Caminiti were able to provide something unique with their mobility and pressure. I think that will be what we are concentrating on doing. Heath most likely just gets in the road unfortunately.

Also Heaths last 2 weeks have been solid
3.1 last week and a goal 44 hit outs the week before

Don’t think either are really ready yet but with our injury list we need to try a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back