Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out - Ross, King, Cordy

In - Hill, Higgins, Battle.

Would also like Clark back if he gets through Sandy today. If those 3 dont pass their fitness tests to return, we could be in with some trouble with not a lot of depth left.

As bad as King out is, we could be getting back some pretty handy players.

Who misses for Clark?

I want him back in too fwiw

Who misses for Clark?

I want him back in too fwiw
I have no idea.

Looking at the potential candidates;
Byrnes - was sub so last one picked, but he played extremely well and his disposal was as good as it's been. Feels like he should be rewarded with a reprise.

Phillipou - had an almost game but is it time he gets a rest? Hasn't had much impact for a few weeks so maybe the freshen up with the travel will help revive him.

Billings - last in up forward always makes someone vulnerable. But I thought he did some nice things and added something different to the forward mix which we've been lacking.

Sharman - been one of the last picked over the past few weeks (based on his sub status) but needs to stay in for height.

Windhager - did some nice things in his first game at half back but that's a position Clark can play and rotate through.

Everyone played their role to a degree so it's hard to find someone to drop for Clark without feeling harsh.

If Hill, Higgins and Battle come back I think that would push Byrnes (or someone) to sub anyway. I think we still need to make room for Hunter. Of course I could be completely wrong here lol
No I think you're right Higgins Hill Battle all coming back. Probably Sharman as the sub.

If Hill, Higgins and Battle come back I think that would push Byrnes (or someone) to sub anyway. I think we still need to make room for Hunter. Of course I could be completely wrong here lol
Out King - Cordy - Ross - Byrnes Sub

In Battle - Hill - Higgins - Clark

Hopefully Hayes has a couple of good games at Sandy

Yeah you’re right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there was squad of 23 last night including Bynes as sub.

If 3 are going out (king, ross, cordy) you can't bring 4 in without someone going out of the side completely.

Yeah there was squad of 23 last night including Bynes as sub.

If 3 are going out (king, ross, cordy) you can't bring 4 in without someone going out of the side completely.
So it would be Byrnes or Sharman that misses if Clark comes in

Who would you have as sub?

I guess whichever of those 2 stays in?
Do all 3 of Battle - Hill and Higgins get up for next week

Battle has struggled getting over concussion in the past

I would like Sharman to get a full game I’m not sold on Byrnes just yet

Do all 3 of Battle - Hill and Higgins get up for next week

Battle has struggled getting over concussion in the past

I would like Sharman to get a full game I’m not sold on Byrnes just yet

Yeah, no idea mate.

Hopefully they do.

Agree on Sharman. Would like to see him get a few full games under his belt.

Yeah, no idea mate.

Hopefully they do.

Agree on Sharman. Would like to see him get a few full games under his belt.
If I can I get my lazy arse out of bed I might go watch the Sandy game

All of a sudden injuries are a big factor again. At the absolute minimum three changes for this. The first of our finals make or breaks, bring that **** on campaigners
The players we get coming back are better than the player going out besides King.

Really, King is the only loss out of our 22. Cordy is clearly just on the list as depth and after Ross's last 2 months we arr better off playing someone like Jones in that role.

With Hill, Higgins, Battle and Clark likely to be available we may actually have a tough choice to make.

Out - King, Ross, Cordy

In - Battle, Clark and one of Campbell/Heath/Hayes/Keeler (and I'd tell them that just before Sandringhams game this afternoon)

Sub Byrnes

Out - King, Ross, Cordy

In - Battle, Clark and one of Campbell/Heath/Hayes/Keeler (and I'd tell them that just before Sandringhams game this afternoon)

Sub Byrnes
No Hill or Higgins?

Losing King doesn't actually feel that bad in the short term as we seem to play better without him.

In the long term the shoulder is a huge concern. We need to get it absolutely right now no matter how much time that means on the sidelines. Then hopefully when he eventually gets back he can be another string to the bow, rather than the one we rely upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back