Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your definition of "very good" must be pretty low. Sharman was just OK in the forward line in his first game against North - after that - meah!!!

He came in in 2021 when we'd run out of cattle and in 39% of game time kicked 2 goals in his first outing. Gets a start in the side and finished off his 4 games with 10.4 and averaging around 12 touches and 5 marks a game. We could barely get a side out on the park so he wasn't just finishing off others hard work. He was a big factor in the win in the last game of the year against Freo with his 15 disposals and 4 goals. Named in our best players and got write ups in al the papers.

Don't even know what you're on about to be honest. He's hardly played a game as a KPF since 2021. He's played as a back and a wingman/high half forward when he did get back in.

Lol pretend tall fwd
Another Cooper hater I've noticed over the last month

He warrants a strange response from a lot of posters. Can't see why anyone hates him. He's a fringe player that always seems to perform well when he gets into the side but behind quite a few who play a similar role. I reckon he looks like he's held to a higher standard than most. His skills are good and he doesn't coast, I'd find a role for him if I was coaching. He's efficient with neat skills.

I think a few want a badge for picking his downfall first. A few got on and argued why it was good that Ratts wouldn't play him after a bright start too so they are invested in him failing to justify their position.

He warrants a strange response from a lot of posters. Can't see why anyone hates him. He's a fringe player that always seems to perform well when he gets into the side but behind quite a few who play a similar role. I reckon he looks like he's held to a higher standard than most. His skills are good and he doesn't coast, I'd find a role for him if I was coaching. He's efficient with neat skills.

I think a few want a badge for picking his downfall first. A few got on and argued why it was good that Ratts wouldn't play him after a bright start too so they are invested in him failing to justify their position.
Gets chucked down back gets half a dozen spoils
Goes fwd kicks a goal
Goes on the wing gets touches and half decent disposal with good up and down the ground ability
Has good hands and has massively worked on the tank, is reasonable quick compared to our mids

Fringe?
Just, I agree but he isn't 30th in line and shows morw effort than some have
People saying he will be delisted but has another year, and he has another year because the coaches can see the improvement and the ability

The debut of the son of an Indigenous Gold Medal Olympian.

Sounds like something we should be celebrating.

Doesn't rate a mention in the AFL press somehow.

Good luck young man.
It is a great story. Nova Peris won an Olympic gold playing hockey, then won a gold in athletics at the commonwealth games, now her son is about to play his first AFL game.

Heath 203 cm
In theory absolutely correct - just don’t think he is ready when you see him compete with Marshall & Campbell at training.

Reckon Campbell would be a better option - more experienced and has been in good form at Sandy for a long time. Is he a great player - no - might he do a serviceable job as a big body in the ruck with Marshall sometimes forward (yes I know Marshall isn’t a great forward but we are in a bind at the moment) - yes!

Out: Billings (St Kilda Curse - Demonic Possession)

He needs to get some calcium into his diet. He has brittle bone syndrome. Every time he gets on the park he breaks something.

Regardless of whether we think Peris is ready.

Regardless of whether Peris is actually ready.

He does have a POD (speed, tackling)

We all cry out for players with a POD.

And he has it. In spades.

Paton and Bytel are same, same.

Connolly may have some attributes but he just doesn't do enough.

Others are simply injured.

So yeah; give me the PODmeister thank you Mr Lyon :cool:
This is very true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they want a Snags replacement and he's the only small forward on the books. Jack Lonie was probably the last depth small forward we had. Don't mind the idea of Peris and Butler dialling the tempo up in the forward line. Their tall backline will need to move the ball quickly and that means they make skill errors. We aren't going to win a shoot out so maybe just shoot them in the knees instead. Kick the ball in dirty and let the smalls lock it in.
I totally agree with this, get it in low and dirty, Owen's and Caminiti just need to make a contest and let the likes of Butler and Gresh get to work.

In theory absolutely correct - just don’t think he is ready when you see him compete with Marshall & Campbell at training.

Reckon Campbell would be a better option - more experienced and has been in good form at Sandy for a long time. Is he a great player - no - might he do a serviceable job as a big body in the ruck with Marshall sometimes forward (yes I know Marshall isn’t a great forward but we are in a bind at the moment) - yes!
I reckon we're not playing Capmbell coz we're preferring development of young players. Structurally you'd think he'd be best to come in as a FF and relief ruck rotating with Marshall

I feel they are just giving the kid a run due to his effort - hope he kills it - but giving him a game for the sake of it is not really what we should be doing - knowing Higgins and Billings will snuff out any chance of the kid getting a game in the future I suppose it was his chance for a debut.
Apparently he has been named emergency quite a few times including as early as round 2, so he’s clearly maintained some semblance of too form. So not sure it’s as charitable as you suggest! But my hope is the same as yours regardless - hope he kills it as well!

Curious about how we manage their height:

Witts (209cm)
Andrew (204cm)
King (202cm)
Casboult (199cm)
Ballard (196cm)
Lukosius (195cm)
Collins (194cm)

Sure is the tallest team I can remember us playing in recent memory. Meanwhile, we’re running with one of our shortest teams in recent memory.

The weather is suppose to be perfect so that won’t have an effect.

It’s either going to be beautiful watching our super quick players spread the ground (Sinclair, Nas, Peris, Butler, Wood, Byrnes, Gresh, Webster, Jones) or there will be a lot of complaints post match about our lack of an aerial contest.

This is the most likely Gold Coast have looked like beating us in years for a number of reasons, but we need to get the job done. I think we will win and I think it’ll be very entertaining particularly if we nail the style of play.
Forward entries should be along the ground unless hitting an open player “laces out”…

With Peris being selected, I’m looking forward to some quality puns: peripatetic, perambulation, peroxide…..

1602218131685ajksjkasasas-350-937.jpg

You can call me bubbles darling.

Has
Why do you keep suggesting Sharman is our second ruck

He never has been
Has played as a second ruck and if he is playing as a forward, thats the role I want him to play especially since we don't have a genuine fwd/2nd ruck option.

Certainly prefer him to be used as cannon fodder ahead of Owen's. Thankfully they've past that idea and have now landed on Caminiti.

I can accept that if King is playing but if Caminiti is playing as the sole tall forward then they shouldn'make it even harder for him by also expecting to take center bounces from time to time.

Why do you keep suggesting Sharman is our second ruck

He never has been

Because he's Battle mk2 in how he's being used.

Started forward? check.
Moved back:? check.
Used as KP relief around ground in all thirds? check

Throw a dart where he lands, you'll have as much luck as gussing that Battle drafted as a natural forward would end up as a KP defender who acts more like a third when he was shoved at FF to cover us not having King yet despite training with the mids that preseason.

Mind, I wish none of that was factual, but that was Battle and that is currently what Sharman is doing.

Has

Has played as a second ruck and if he is playing as a forward, thats the role I want him to play especially since we don't have a genuine fwd/2nd ruck option.

Certainly prefer him to be used as cannon fodder ahead of Owen's. Thankfully they've past that idea and have now landed on Caminiti.

I can accept that if King is playing but if Caminiti is playing as the sole tall forward then they shouldn'make it even harder for him by also expecting to take center bounces from time to time.
No he has not been played as a 2nd ruck. The guy has not attended one centre bounce for the whole season.

Caminiti seems to be our preferred 2nd ruck now but if not him it's Owens.

What you want and how the coaches play him are two different things.

Has

He attended a few ruck contests when there was no.one else to. Membrey attends the occasional ruck contest you wouldn't call him a second ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back