Autopsy Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds promising. Did you hear that today? 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Lyon's Presser:

"Lyon said the club had initially feared the worst for midfielder Jack Bytel, who injured his ankle just minutes after entering the game as the substitute in the fourth quarter.

"We felt sick in the box. We replayed it and thought it was an ACL," Lyon said.

"It's a high-grade ankle injury but until we scan it we don't know. We think there's no fracture"."

If there was any knock on Byrnes & Hill, it was their lack of pressure. Under RTB & the three Amigo's, they both have elevated enormously.
Byrnes kicking is a bit hit & miss like Zac Jones, but in saying that, some of his kicking last night, were elite bullet passes.
Byrnes won the 'Nab league medal' in his draft year, not the most talented player, but his determination, gut running & speed is second to none.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself

And I’m definitely keeping a lid on

But…… by my very conservative calculations I have us winning at least another 11 games!!!😂😊
I did the ladder predictor and was trying to be as balanced as possible and ended up having us 3rd with 17 wins. Haha. Turns out I'm no less biased than CNN

I don’t want to get ahead of myself

And I’m definitely keeping a lid on

But…… by my very conservative calculations I have us winning at least another 11 games!!!😂😊
If we can beat every side currently not in the top 8 then you'll be spot on

We have a very good draw so that's definitely not an excuse

Did love that when Saints player got scragged over the boundary line, Stocker made a point of running 30 metres to fly the flag. He is a fearless campaigner and a great pick up for us.

PS Thanks Carlton for Stocker.

PPS Thanks Carlton for Caminiti too

PPPS Should I thank them in advance for Dekoning coming to St Kilda at years end too??

Is there any truth to Owens growing to now 194cm? Looked close to shoulder to shoulder with Cordy (195cm) and Ballard (196cm). He’s a big unit.
Doesn’t look like it. Hayes is listed at 194cm and he looks clearly taller than Mitch, especially across the top of the shoulders. 193cm Battle also looks taller.

4CA22F20-8400-438C-840A-B5039C372BFE.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ******* love Owens.
Give him a job and he will do it. Tall forward? No worries. Inside bull? Easy peasy. Lead up chf? He’s got you. Small forward? Why not. Ruckman? how about a challenge.
Absolute JET
Spot on mate.

How ******* good is this kid????

Absolutely love him.

And I’ve been running though in my head for weeks who he reminds me of out of players in the past in the league. Have come up with a weird hybrid of Stevie J, Hamill and Fyfe but, seriously, he’s so unique, haven’t seen someone like him before which makes it even better.

We’ve got a special player on our hands everyone, and it feels amazing.

Was incredible watching Mitch live last night and he kicked that snap from the boundary right in front of us.

Could hardly believe my eyes when I saw he was on 22 touches early in the last or whenever and they kept putting the ground-ball-gets stat up and he had a game-high number of those as well. At least a dozen by the end.

What a luxury it will be to be able to throw him around all over the place once Skunk returns and takes that role!

Anyone feel the emotional attachment to individual players and the club as a whole return this year? I haven’t felt this since 2010.

The newbies in the side all coming in at the same time reminds me of 01-03 when that bond between them all was formed. You could see something special building and I can see it now too.

I have about 7-8 favourite players when in the last few years it was Steele and then daylight.

Lyon's Presser:

"Lyon said the club had initially feared the worst for midfielder Jack Bytel, who injured his ankle just minutes after entering the game as the substitute in the fourth quarter.

"We felt sick in the box. We replayed it and thought it was an ACL," Lyon said.

"It's a high-grade ankle injury but until we scan it we don't know. We think there's no fracture"."

I never used to listen to the coaches presser.

I do wish last night we put the foot on trh throat and kept going. Seems like mid way through the 3rd we put on cruise control
Don't know about that. 5 in the 2nd, 5 in the third, 4 in the 4th, sting out of the game. Went down to level 1 10 minutes into the 4th and the players looked like, as RTB would say, had 'emptied out'.
GCS limited the damage by dragging everybody behind the ball as well.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did love that when Saints player got scragged over the boundary line, Stocker made a point of running 30 metres to fly the flag. He is a fearless campaigner and a great pick up for us.

PS Thanks Carlton for Stocker.

PPS Thanks Carlton for Caminiti too

PPPS Should I thank them in advance for Dekoning coming to St Kilda at years end too??

I have to say… that was my favourite part of the game… and Stocker came in because the GC player put a knee into Woods shoulder, Stocker came in… Holman came in to make it 2 on one… Daddy Battle broke it up because it wasn’t fair a fight, Stocker would have chinned them both

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back