Trades Round 4 trades (aka We Need to Talk About Rocky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbons to Ross? (I would play Ross on field IMO)

So Dunkley to Rozee or Setterfield to Rozee?

I dont like bringing another rookie on field. So probably setterfield to Rozee.

How you think Ross’s job security is?

I'm going to rack my brain over this all day I know it.

Gibbons (via DPP with Setterfield) traded to:
Rozee - $385k. Best JS and Scoring ceiling but ship has sailed to a certain extent? Ave 60-80 expected.
Miers - $269k - Ave 50-70 expected. Performing well but shaky JS if he has a quiet game. Entirely a forward half player.
Petru - $270k - Same as Miers in terms of scoring capability and JS. Playing off a wing and can snag a goal.

Spelling it out like this has me leaning towards Petrucelle and banking the $115k difference from Rozee.

Note: Whoever I eventually pick takes my F6 spot off Setterfield who is now banished as M8 and on notice next week.

How you think Ross’s job security is?
No clue. I would think ok(ish). I feel like he’s an inclusion for Cotchin. Dimma rates him and they have 0 ball winning ability in the middle. I could see Ellis/Baker being dropped first for Martin next week. All depends on how he plays though...

No clue. I would think ok(ish). I feel like he’s an inclusion for Cotchin. Dimma rates him and they have 0 ball winning ability in the middle. I could see Ellis/Baker being dropped first for Martin next week. All depends on how he plays though...

I’m just shaky with the idea that when most of richmond are back fit I’ll have Balta, Ross and possibly Stack to deal with if not getting games. Feels wrong doing just the one trade though so I expect to just do it anyway for the lols

Want to go

Darling > Marshall
Williams > Whitfield

But this leaves me starting Atkins and benching Scott with Gibbons emergency for Rocky possible late out. Is this too risky

Want Marshalls price rise aswell as likely Ruc/For link soon.

Feel its now or never to get Whitfield who with Lloyd is a step above all other defenders.

Want to go

Darling > Marshall
Williams > Whitfield

But this leaves me starting Atkins and benching Scott with Gibbons emergency for Rocky possible late out. Is this too risky

Want Marshalls price rise aswell as likely Ruc/For link soon.

Feel its now or never to get Whitfield who with Lloyd is a step above all other defenders.
Would be careful on Marshall. Hasn't come up against any good rucks yet and Longer is due back soon. Saints board seems very divided on whether or not Marshall stays rucking full time or slots forward when Longer comes back

Fantasy R3 2019.jpg

$109k in the bank.

Scott -> Stack pretty much locked in right now. Leaves me with $179k in the bank.

Struggling on finding the 2nd trade however. Was thinking Atkins -> Ross but very worried about Ross JS over the next couple of weeks. Every chance he holds his spot but a poor showing and Dusty back next week could make it interesting. I rate him but definitely concerns.

Balta is the main problem but given it costs 100k to get him to Miers or Petrecculle I'm not sure if its worth it. Leaning towards holding until we get a solid $170k rookie come along.

Not sure if anyone can find some trade ideas for me.

View attachment 652910

$109k in the bank.

Scott -> Stack pretty much locked in right now. Leaves me with $179k in the bank.

Struggling on finding the 2nd trade however. Was thinking Atkins -> Ross but very worried about Ross JS over the next couple of weeks. Every chance he holds his spot but a poor showing and Dusty back next week could make it interesting. I rate him but definitely concerns.

Balta is the main problem but given it costs 100k to get him to Miers or Petrecculle I'm not sure if its worth it. Leaning towards holding until we get a solid $170k rookie come along.

Could go Worpel > Heeney/Dollhouse
Smith > Stewart/Sicily

Might be a bit early for those trades but I think Heeney and Stewart (2e might affect) will be top 6 in their respective positions, don't know if Worpedo will, guess time will tell.
Few premos coming back/dropping in price too
Gaff
Blakely

Fyfe
Oliver
Westhoff
Dunkley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 652910

$109k in the bank.

I'm in the same boat but Gibbons instead of Atkins.

My thoughts atm are shifting Setterfield to mid bench and trade Gibbons (ie Atkins for you) to a forward rookie option (Petrucelle/Miers/Rozee all options). Leaning towards Petrucelle.

But Gibbons seems a more obvious need to traded than Atkins atm. Given Atkins is named you're in a real pickle.

Which circles back to what you're thinking and upgrading Balta.

Balta -> Petru may be worth it and you can just afford it.

Alternatively you could go a hail mary and do Balta -> Shai Bolton for a cheaper option. Complete guess how he goes though. Could go worse than Balta haha.

Always reluctant to give advice like this but I think hold Cousins. He just had a bad day against North and never got into it. His spot in the mids is safe...we don't have any others!

Thanks.
I've ended up going
Scott -> stack
English -> mumford

Mumford has shown previously he can average anywhere from 80-95 so he should be a solid option for a while.

I think trading cousins is a short term outlook, his break even is still very low and should continue to generate cash, and may even average 90 himself

Can anyone convince me Taranto to Libba is worth it?

Libba probably still has a few weeks of $$ increases in him at the rate he's going, but my current strategy was to go Gibbons to Petru (via Setterfield moving from FWD to MID) and make sure I maximise my players playing and earning cash (although Gibbons probably won't go up much compared to Libba's potential upside?)

Can anyone convince me Taranto to Libba is worth it?

Libba probably still has a few weeks of $$ increases in him at the rate he's going, but my current strategy was to go Gibbons to Petru (via Setterfield moving from FWD to MID) and make sure I maximise my players playing and earning cash (although Gibbons probably won't go up much compared to Libba's potential upside?)

Nope. I think you've got it sussed.

Taranto should be outscoring Libba. Libba looks great right now while he's flying, but things can turn quickly.

Scott > Stack locked.
Worth spending the $94k to upgrade Balta to Miers to chase his price rise?
Would also allow me to play Miers over Parker on field

Anyone have an idea if Newman will be an out. Scares me to see the yellow on him in my app and i see his on a long list of interchange for carlton. I thought he was playing ok so this is puzzling to me.

Starting off with $178k in the bank.

Mids currently look like

Macrae, Coniglio, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Sheed, Liberatore, Walsh, Cousins (Constable, Scott)

Scott to Stack is locked in.

I really want to get Constable on field so I am looking at trading Cousins a little too early given his BE, but he frees up a lot of cash.

Cousins to Rozee, moving Setterfield to the mid bench alongside Stack.

Also leaves me with nearly $300k in the bank for next week.

Two questions.

1 - With Rockliff a slight chance to be a late out would it be smarter to trade Setterfield to Rozee straight up and leave Cousins as a mid emergency for just this week? $437 sitting on the bench does really seem way too much money, especially give it leaves me with $182 in the bank instead of nearly $300k for next week. I guess Stack will have to be my cover for Rocky if he is out.

2 - Rozee into the forward line for Setterfield means I have to decide who to field out of Drew, Miers and Parker. Before last week and Wines return it was a simple choice. Do I give Drew another chance?

Starting off with $178k in the bank.

Mids currently look like

Macrae, Coniglio, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Sheed, Liberatore, Walsh, Cousins (Constable, Scott)

Scott to Stack is locked in.

I really want to get Constable on field so I am looking at trading Cousins a little too early given his BE, but he frees up a lot of cash.

Cousins to Rozee, moving Setterfield to the mid bench alongside Stack.

Also leaves me with nearly $300k in the bank for next week.

Two questions.

1 - With Rockliff a slight chance to be a late out would it be smarter to trade Setterfield to Rozee straight up and leave Cousins as a mid emergency for just this week? $437 sitting on the bench does really seem way too much money, especially give it leaves me with $182 in the bank instead of nearly $300k for next week. I guess Stack will have to be my cover for Rocky if he is out.

2 - Rozee into the forward line for Setterfield means I have to decide who to field out of Drew, Miers and Parker. Before last week and Wines return it was a simple choice. Do I give Drew another chance?

1. No, Rocky should play. Even if he doesn't Stack or Setterfield make a reasonable emergency. Cousins far too expensive to sit on the bench even for a week.

2. You have to back in Drew > Miers >>> Parker. in that order.

Scott > Stack locked.
Worth spending the $94k to upgrade Balta to Miers to chase his price rise?
Would also allow me to play Miers over Parker on field
i would only do this, if you are happy with everyone else on your field, but then Miers may not have the best JS, so id honestly look at keeping the cash and putting it on someone else, or just downgrade another rookie and bank cash for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back