Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I made some horrible choices for my bench rookies, with most of them currently not playing.

So was going to suck it up this week and trade out 2 non playing rookies for 2 that are playing, to get some bench cover.

Can anyone recommend any rookies that have only played 2 rounds, and will continue to play? Im guessing guys who played round 2 and 3 and will prob play 4, rather than guys like Dixon who played 1 and 2 then got dropped.

Thanks!

Currently thinking (assuming Fyfe is out for a while):

Ledger -> Treloar/Pfeiffer
- Subject to them being named in the team
- If I get Treloar I'll have 10 GWS players though
- Would need Treloar/Pfeiffer to take Fyfe's place in the forward line immediately so I might not have the luxury of waiting an extra week, especially if Ledger isn't playing next round

I would then keep Fyfe on my midfield bench for a couple of rounds and upgrade him to Pendlebury/Dal Santo when they bottom out.

Dont want to trade Martin, but cant see him finding his feet against Geelong this week.

Did you watch him in the NAB cup against the Cats? Geelong are really missing Ling and don't have a replacement. Richmond's midfield are in for a picnic. Martin will score 100+ this week.

Bookmark it.

Really didn't want to trade at all the the next few weeks despite my dismal 1950 this week. Only playing for a league win and it's nigh impossible for so many of my starters to all perform so badly again.

But Goldstein is killing me in the ruck. Seriously considering Goldstein> Hmac.

Would free up 180k which will make it a hell of alot easier to get Ablett in the side in a couple of weeks time.

Have Martin as well but just going to ride that one out.

Currently thinking (assuming Fyfe is out for a while):

Ledger -> Treloar/Pfeiffer
- Subject to them being named in the team
- If I get Treloar I'll have 10 GWS players though
- Would need Treloar/Pfeiffer to take Fyfe's place in the forward line immediately so I might not have the luxury of waiting an extra week, especially if Ledger isn't playing next round

I would then keep Fyfe on my midfield bench for a couple of rounds and upgrade him to Pendlebury/Dal Santo when they bottom out.

I've got the same players, and have already experimented with this strategy. It's an interesting one.

It leaves the forward line with lots of rookies on the field (too many for my liking, incl 3 GWS boys) plus you need around $50-75K of cash in bank to make the upgrade from Fyfe to an elite midfielder who will be bottoming out.

Fyfe to Cloke or Sidebottom are the two forward options that I'm thinking about. Yes Cloke will go down in price after this week, but he could score very well against Port and I don't want to miss out on the points for the sake of $20K cash!

Dempsey to....Broughton?

That's actually not a bad trade. Broughton has gone down in price, while Dempsey has gone up in price and won't be rising much more until the 6 he scored is removed from his 3 game average.

Although obviously, despite making money, you would feel like a douche making a trade and then making the opposite trade the following week.

My kids in general are doing fine.

This week I'll probably have to fix holes due to injury or report.
But like I have said before. This is looking like an injury riddled year and trades will be worth gold.

So I wont use any unless I have to.

Having said that, these guys are on notice.

Chapman
Goldstein
J Riewoldt

I've got the same players, and have already experimented with this strategy. It's an interesting one.

It leaves the forward line with lots of rookies on the field (too many for my liking, incl 3 GWS boys) plus you need around $50-75K of cash in bank to make the upgrade from Fyfe to an elite midfielder who will be bottoming out.

Fyfe to Cloke or Sidebottom are the two forward options that I'm thinking about. Yes Cloke will go down in price after this week, but he could score very well against Port and I don't want to miss out on the points for the sake of $20K cash!

I've got $120,000 in the bank thanks to last week's trade of Broughton -> Malceski. I believe Pendlebury (has a breakeven of 206 this week) should dip to around, or even below, 600k in two weeks, so that won't be a problem.

Without Fyfe in my forward line, i'd have to play three rookies: definitely Devon Smith and Kennedy, then one of Hall, Cameron or Treloar/Pfeiffer. Don't really want to play Hall or Cameron on the field unless I'm forced to, so this trade might be worthwhile.

Without Fyfe in my forward line, i'd have to play three rookies: definitely Devon Smith and Kennedy, then one of Hall, Cameron or Treloar/Pfeiffer.

Yeah, it does leave the forward line very exposed to rookies, and with lots of risk concentrated in GWS kids that are volatile in scoring and potentially subject to rest/rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold off on Dempsey.. Was only a precautionary substitution due to cramping/tightness in the same hamstring of the knee that he did his ACL.

Will most likely play this week..

Has shown he is capable of scoring well, if he can put out another 2 or 3 consecutive 80+ games will still go up another 100K..

thats the 64 million dollar question. Is there an article supporting this? Seems very logical and considering the opposition and his injury history would have been the most comfortable thing to do.

No trades for me at this stage, though am trying to work out how to get my wildcard in the form of a lethal left footer from Brisbane. ;)

No trades this week, the following week I'll chuck in Treloar for Josh Caddy followed by Porps to Pavlich.

"Murphys" Law is now know as "Dempsey's" Law. Barlow doomed to get injured once the sheep get on board

Ha! Ha! Lets hope not. Fingers crossed. :D:thumbsu:

Barlows going to be my masterstroke move if it pays off.

Gives me heaps of cash left over to upgrade Hargrave > Scotland or Carazzo next week too. :cool:

Win/Win for me hopefully. :eek::thumbsu:

What to do with Josh Caddy?

Chappy isn't living up to expectations and Pearce Hanley could be costly.
Trade Caddy I say.

Don't know what I was thinking putting him in my team in the first place. He's basically a second year guy learning how to play in the AFL because he barely played last year. He's struggling and doesn't look like being a big scorer this year. I'm thinking of trading Caddy for Masten or holding out another week or two until I have enough money to upgrade Caddy to a premium mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back