Women's Footy Round 4 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to have McLeod back, inaccuracy aside last year she looked an electric small forward.

Berry - who was an early pick and who we effectively got for trading Lambert - getting dropped is interesting however.
Also a strange aside about Berry - she's the ex of Chloe Molloy, and I've heard Molloy didn't want to come here because of that. Not saying we would have picked Molloy over Huntington but it definitely made our decision easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed the game last night. I missed the game last week which I believe was really good effort too.

Their skill level was really good, dominated the midfield. Three are the best side in it, even with the injuries.

Last weeks game was the best of the season so far.

You'd think that if we win two of the next three we'd have a spot.

Going in to this round there were 5 teams on 2 wins. I think we may have to win all 3.

I am going to wash my mouth out with soap, but we need Collingwood to start winning some games (just not against us)

Gee our girls structure and ball movement have improved 3 fold. Couldn't make it to the game but watching on tv they play a really good brand of footy with good depth now

It was remarkable that they could get so many goals without Brennan or Huntington.
I said during the week that I had no doubt we could hold Carlton to a low score, but I couldn't believe that we could kick that many goals.

Going in to this round there were 5 teams on 2 wins. I think we may have to win all 3.

I am going to wash my mouth out with soap, but we need Collingwood to start winning some games (just not against us)
I wouldn't be too concerned if we drop 1 of the 3, provided we maintain our % as strongest in the comp (very likely given today's result) which in a short comp like this is about as valuable as an extra win and would make those teams to have already dropped 2 irrelevant to the equation. Brisbane, Melbourne and Fremantle are the others to have only dropped one - Brisbane play Freo today and Melbourne next week.

If we win 2 of the last 3 we will almost certainly make the GF, if not host it.

Our last home game is against Melbourne on Saturday 17th March. Could be playing for a finals spot that night so could be our biggest crowd yet.
With the healthy % could probably afford to drop one more to finish top 2 and GF. Even with the injuries all winnable games remaining.
I did say that they were gone losing 3 players in 3 weeks but happy to be proved wrong.
Even with Harris and Davey playing for Carlton doubt they would have made up 12 goals. 26 scoring shots to 3 is a thrashing.

I wouldn't be too concerned if we drop 1 of the 3, provided we maintain our % as strongest in the comp (very likely given today's result) which in a short comp like this is about as valuable as an extra win and would make those teams to have already dropped 2 irrelevant to the equation. Brisbane, Melbourne and Fremantle are the others to have only dropped one - Brisbane play Freo today and Melbourne next week.

If we win 2 of the last 3 we will almost certainly make the GF, if not host it.

Yes looking at the ladder it is pretty much a rolled gold final guarantee. There is a distinct possibility that we will play Melbourne in consecutive weeks.

Boy oh boy hasnt this win changed our perspective on things.

I had nothing better to do so i came up with an end of season ladder. I have given Adelaide all 4 wins, Bulldogs 2/3, Melbourne 4/4, Brisbane 3/4 (they have to still play Melbourne), Fremantle 2/4. I cannot see GWS , Carlton, Colingwood having any chance.
Melbourne 24
Bulldogs 20
Adelaide 20
Brisbane 20
Fremantle 16.

* Adelaide still no certainities to win 4/4. Play GWS in Sydney. Should win 3/4 though.
* Melbourne and Brisbane still to play each other. Whoever wins that game most likely play Dogs in GF.
* Cannot see Adelaide, Melbourne or Brisbane making up % difference to overtake Bulldogs.

It is just about a certainty that 2 out of 3 wins will get the Dogs into the GF, finishing 2nd. In fact, there is nothing stopping them winning all 3, which I reckon they will do.

I had nothing better to do so i came up with an end of season ladder. I have given Adelaide all 4 wins, Bulldogs 2/3, Melbourne 4/4, Brisbane 3/4 (they have to still play Melbourne), Fremantle 2/4. I cannot see GWS , Carlton, Colingwood having any chance.
Melbourne 24
Bulldogs 20
Adelaide 20
Brisbane 20
Fremantle 16.

* Adelaide still no certainities to win 4/4. Play GWS in Sydney. Should win 3/4 though.
* Melbourne and Brisbane still to play each other. Whoever wins that game most likely play Dogs in GF.
* Cannot see Adelaide, Melbourne or Brisbane making up % difference to overtake Bulldogs.

It is just about a certainty that 2 out of 3 wins will get the Dogs into the GF, finishing 2nd. In fact, there is nothing stopping them winning all 3, which I reckon they will do.
If they do finish second, need Melbourne to finish first.

Gee our girls structure and ball movement have improved 3 fold. Couldn't make it to the game but watching on tv they play a really good brand of footy with good depth now
And props to Groves and his "keep it simple" game plan. I like his preference for short kicks to a target over long kicks in hope, especially against a taller team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back