VFL Round 5, 2018: Box Hill v Sandringham, 5th May 2:00PM AEST - Nathan Freeman Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

How does he deserve a senior AFL game?
Maybe he doesn't, but I'm a romantic and after all he's been through I'd like to see him play one.

Again, what's the harm? In this team as it's going now, how could adding Freeman to the squad for one week going to make us much weaker? If he is given a chance he'll be no more a liability than Coffield or Clarke or Newnes.

Maybe he doesn't, but I'm a romantic and after all he's been through I'd like to see him play one.

Again, what's the harm? In this team as it's going now, how could adding Freeman to the squad for one week going to make us much weaker? If he is given a chance he'll be no more a liability than Coffield or Clarke or Newnes.
He has hardly played in three years, is not match fit, the speed of AFL is twice that of VFL and he needs to build his tank.

Why is he more deserving than Rice or Phillips or Sinclair who have battled away for seadons to learn their craft?

We shouldnt gift games ahead of others.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

what i read about it - they just removed the scar tissue allowing the muscle to heal properly , hopefully the problem is fixed
Interesting that they didn't quite get it right first time.

Interesting given some good numbers for the St Kilda mids that we got thrashed so badly. Must have been a few passengers out there.

Someone commented on having too many full back types... it's an issue for Sandy now similar to the ruck issue last year. With Austin, Goddard, Clavarino and Joyce it's a very samey backline, very unbalanced.

Fantastic to see Freeman rack up some possessions. Let's see how he goes over three weeks, a debut would be a great story he definitely seems to have the tools if he can get his body right.

Very disappointing result for Sandy today.
Listened to the first half , the commentators were have to be the worst I have ever heard - anyhow McKenzie was named our second best and surely if he has another good game needs a chance in the seniors
Also Ed Phillips
Height: 187cm Weight: 80kg-Kid is a good runner and a bigger type of midfielder and winger. A leading figure in time trials.
, would give us a lot of run and carry , needs to get a game in the seniors as well

I seem to remember him having a similar successful first game back in the lower league where he racked up numbers. Will wait and see.
Your spot on the Jade.....from memory .......he racked up 46 possies.....we played the Pies that day....2016... at the G for the 50 yr flag celebrations game.

I remember we were all reading about his game on our phones....we were all very excited........still waiting tho.

Your spot on the Jade.....from memory .......he racked up 46 possies.....we played the Pies that day....2016... at the G for the 50 yr flag celebrations game.

I remember we were all reading about his game on our phones....we were all very excited........still waiting tho.

Riewoldt went off injured early, and Paddy looked good but went off with a collarbone I think? Still smashed the scum however.

One of the handful of games I've managed to get to over the last 5 years.

Amazing how a guy can come into a side and collect so many touches after not playing for about a year - the kid is a freak and Phillips again with a heap of the ball

FT We go down for our second loss this season. Disposals: Phillips 35, Lonie 31, Freeman 31, Sinclair 30, Seccull 24. Goals: Lonie 2, McKenzie, Lamb, Sinclair, Bailey, Connellan, Battle. #PJVFL #daretodazzle #feelthezeal

Dcagi8rVwAAgoH7.jpg

Interesting given some good numbers for the St Kilda mids that we got thrashed so badly. Must have been a few passengers out there.

Someone commented on having too many full back types... it's an issue for Sandy now similar to the ruck issue last year. With Austin, Goddard, Clavarino and Joyce it's a very samey backline, very unbalanced.

Fantastic to see Freeman rack up some possessions. Let's see how he goes over three weeks, a debut would be a great story he definitely seems to have the tools if he can get his body right.

Very disappointing result for Sandy today.

Maybe we just recruit badly and don’t train our kids...

Tom lynch was acting captain today for Adelaide...

A player we never really utilised properly..

The story of St Kilda over the past 5 years...

There is no chance in hell that no risks richo will play Freeman in the next few months——

Stability—

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no chance in hell that no risks richo will play Freeman in the next few months——

Stability—

Lynch left at the end of 2011. Not really relevant to our current players or coaches or development at all.

Stability—

think he will , because a good news story might take the heat off him for a day

If you judged him like any other player.

He played a good game, but in a position we already have quite a few similar players.

Wouldn't be put into seniors, didn't look way above others.

Riewoldt went off injured early, and Paddy looked good but went off with a collarbone I think? Still smashed the scum however.
Your right........Rooey went off and I think Paddy was off with a concussion.

There was a third player who's game finished for the day....can't remember who that was.

We were down on troops but I think the occasion got us home that day.

Your right........Rooey went off and I think Paddy was off with a concussion.

There was a third player who's game finished for the day....can't remember who that was.

We were down on troops but I think the occasion got us home that day.

Roberton injured in the third quarter I think it was.

Went to the game yesterday (first VFL game for the year). Geez it's a good way to watch footy and would strongly encourage anyone to go down and watch the boys - food at reasonable prices and full strength beer for $5 a can, not too shabby if you ask me. The performance on the day may not have been what we were looking for, but the overall day was great.

On the performance from the boys.

The skills (much like their mates in the ones) were fairly sloppy for most of the day, and Box Hill capitalised on them throughout - bit of a shame but the Hawks seemed to have that bit of extra class on the ball and understanding of the game plan which preveailed on the day.

Freeman and Rice were really the only two that stood out for me in patches, for the most part of the day we were beaten quite comprehensively around the ground.

Ricey certainly can lay a mean old tackle, has that real campaigner about him and actually has an ability to hit his team mates on the tit. I'd love to see him get a game sooner rather than later.

If Freeman can string together another couple of games like that I see no reason why he should be held back for much longer, give the bloke chance.
Blimey at least we know he'll give it everything he's got - it's all or nothing for him, so give him a go Richo!

Definitely an overloading of key backs as someone mentioned earlier, but on a positive note they did all seem to offer something at stages throughout the game.

Logs took a couple of nice intercept marks but on the reverse was outdone by his opponent on a couple of occasions with relative ease I thought.

Hughy was thrown forward throughout the second half, having the same impact as when the same thing is done with Carlisle
in the AFL (keep them both down back please).

Roberton injured in the third quarter I think it was.
That rings a bell now that you mention it "hayes"

We were going down like 9 pins....made the win on that special day......well....special.

He has hardly played in three years, is not match fit, the speed of AFL is twice that of VFL and he needs to build his tank.

Why is he more deserving than Rice or Phillips or Sinclair who have battled away for seadons to learn their craft?

We shouldnt gift games ahead of others.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah true - also watching him up close yesterday, I don't think he is going full pace yet. Unless it's just his running style? He kind of just shuffles along at 3/4 effort. Definitely not quick, but not slow (by vfl standard anyway). Hopefully just a matter of match fitness & confidence in the hammy.

That's a bit depressing isn't it.

The people connected to him leaving a have long gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back