VFL Round 5, 2018: Box Hill v Sandringham, 5th May 2:00PM AEST - Nathan Freeman Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey fellas, was Goddard playing forward/ruck or back/ruck for you guys this week? Or is Joyce playing as a forward (can't see why you'd play Clavarino or Austin forward honestly). I'm not looking forward to it but will be down at TBBO next Sunday to see the annual "Sandy beats Essendon in a tight clash" game of the year.
Mostly forward/ruck, but for a second rounder you could play him wherever you like.

Mostly forward/ruck, but for a second rounder you could play him wherever you like.
Would you accept Jackson Merrett and a future 3rd? :p

I went along to the game yesterday as well.

I was hoping to see a good game of footy but unfortunately they played just like St Kilda.

Sinclair and Lonie got lots of it but gee they butchered the ball. Shuddered each time they tried to square the ball into the middle of the ground.

I thought Dmac did pretty well. Freeman encouraging, don't think he was running at full pace.

Goddard is not up to it based on that game. Their forwards did it far too easily.

Langlands worked his way into the game, got better as it went on

I was at the game too & you have summed it up absolutely perfectly

A 3rd rounder this year and you're in with a chance. You can keep Merrett. We're flush with Jacks.
Damn, we traded that one in the Smith deal. Guess we won't get him to reunite with his cousin then :(.

But honestly I think he's a defender and we have like 80 of those already.

Damn, we traded that one in the Smith deal. Guess we won't get him to reunite with his cousin then :(.

But honestly I think he's a defender and we have like 80 of those already.
The cousins aren't that close I've heard. Wish Hughey would emulate BJ a bit more. That sulky campaigner has got cajones Hughey can only dream about.

The cousins aren't that close I've heard. Wish Hughey would emulate BJ a bit more. That sulky campaigner has got cajones Hughey can only dream about.
Really? Maybe that's why we passed on him for Langverde.

BJ’s old man put $50 on hugh to win the rising star last year so yeah you could say they aren’t that close haha.

The bests always seem like chook lotto in the seconds. Agree with Rice and Sincs (1 & 2). Answorth and Lonie probably fair enough.

Joyce WTF? Did McKenzie hit a target all day (by hand or foot)? No Freezer? I guess this is the problem when you get done by 10 goals and have to find 6 good players.

Anyway, great posting as always mate. I will let you respond to all the posters in next weeks preview thread who cant understand why Phillips and Battle cant get a game! Or why debuting Freezer second up from a spell on a rock hard surface after a four hour flight is a career killing idea.

Do they rate the players like the Rugby clubs do ( tick off the names while they are somewhere else ).

Hey George

Can you do the honours, mate?

SANDRINGHAM v. ESSENDON
Round 6 – 13/05/2018
02:00PM
Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Sandringham

B: 45. L. Austin, 37. H. Goddard, 40. O. Clavarino
HB: 13. J. Noone, 61. D. Joyce, 78. B. Rice
C: 43. N. Freeman, 2. K. Answerth, 63. J. Sinclair
HF: 62. R. Connellan, 23. T. Lamb, 39. J. Lonie
F: 17. J. Haidon, 36. J. Battle, 11. J. Matera
R: 69. B. Longer, 50. B. Paton, 79. D. McKenzie
Int: 12. B. Bailey, 68. B. Miller, 5. B. Seccull, 27. N. Smith, 15. J. Sziller, 1. D. Weickhardt, 42. B. White, 56. N. Wright

23P: 6. H. Mclean

In: B. Miller, J. Noone, N. Smith, H. Mclean, J. Sziller, J. Haidon, B. White
Out: M. Cook, D. Langlands, E. Phillips

Disappointed to see Dooby Langlander overlooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back