Game Day Round 5, 2023 : West Coast Eagles v Geelong BODEs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don’t know where to start with this

There’s a sense of impending doom that’s suffocating

Two weeks ago we were optimistic on the eve of a derby, fresh off a solid win over GWS and by West Coast standards a relatively healthy list. We weren’t quite at full strength, Yeo and NicNat were missing, but we went into the game with an unchanged lineup for the first time in a long time

Such temerity

The football gods have apparently yet to be satisfied for guiding Sheed from the boundary through for a goal

No less than six players were injured in a variety of ways during that game, three of whom would require surgery as a result.

Two more players were lost to training accidents in the lead up to the Melbourne game.

There were no apparent game day injuries in our loss to Melbourne but we would later discover Cole aggravated his ankle injury from last year, Winder did something to his knee at training and Harry Edwards, fresh from rolling his ankle at training the week prior, went and fractured his wrist

And to put a rotten cherry on top of the FU cake, Hewett, sent to find form and confidence in the WAFL, was forced to leave the field in the opening minute with an apparent ankle injury. A depleted Beagles outfit was then humiliated to the tune of 169 points by the reigning WAFL premier

Suffice to say things aren’t going our way as we prepare for a contest against the reigning AFL premier, and a side quite accustomed to feasting on a weakened opponent, Geelong

At least we aren’t playing them at alphabet stadium

From our nominal best 22 we are missing - Ryan, Sheed, Naitanui, Shuey, Cripps, McGovern, Hurn and Cole

Geelong are missing Gary Rohan from a side that has 18 of their premiership side playing

To say a win here would be one of the greatest in our history would be an understatement. It’d certainly be our best since we racked up a US government sized debt to the football gods when Sheed needed to be inch perfect and was

Hope for effort, pray for mercy

Danger game, Eagles by 70

Geelong should pump us so the only thing that matters today is to get through injury free. I've loved how we've gone about it so far this season but I won't be upset if we revert to a more defensive style today against a difficult opponent. We're on the right path but we need players available.

I’m on an 8 game losing streak of games I have attended since my birthday win on April 9 last year against Collingwood at Marvel and had front row viewing at Optus to last weeks present from Melbourne😬. Hope we put in an effort today and sorry to say I’ll be in the stands once again today😂

Ginbey to scare Dangerfield into retirement, Duggan to bump Cameron into row 36,
Allen to kick 18.2.

Eagles by 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles to pull off an amazing upset!
Rotham player of the day!
No more injuries please...

The sooking on the board this weekend has been vomit inducing. Fire up campaigners.

Result seems a bit of a banker but if we keep showing the transition into our new brand of footy, see the Culley’s and Ginbey’s of the world have a dip and stay physical at the contest it’s another step towards the turnaround.

7E8D5444-E5AC-4B63-ADCE-1AF0DAF4CA03.jpeg

Shoddy mobile photoshop skills aside: here is our lineup vs the Hawks side last week that let Geelong kick 13 unanswered and 16 of the final 17. We have the sub to be named which will bring our Less Than 50 number to 11 and the age/experience down slightly too.

Let’s see what our last 22 standing have to say against a very reasonable bench mark of how the ‘play the youf’ Hawks did at home last week.

The sooking on the board this weekend has been vomit inducing. Fire up campaigners.

Result seems a bit of a banker but if we keep showing the transition into our new brand of footy, see the Culley’s and Ginbey’s of the world have a dip and stay physical at the contest it’s another step towards the turnaround.

View attachment 1661884

Shoddy mobile photoshop skills aside: here is our lineup vs the Hawks side last week that let Geelong kick 13 unanswered and 16 of the final 17. We have the sub to be named which will bring our Less Than 50 number to 11 and the age/experience down slightly too.

Let’s see what our last 22 standing have to say against a very reasonable bench mark of how the ‘play the youf’ Hawks did at home last week.
So if we only give up 11 unanswered goals, that’s a win right?

"Stop being so negative! Anyway, here is a list comparison to show that we have a very similar squad profile to the team that just got annihilated by the team we are about to play"
Context. Beautiful context.

We will be fine, we’re building. We’ll have to eat some s**t for a while but can’t be bothered dealing with the crew who seem to think there’s no progress being made and that we’ll be eating s**t forever.

We’re moving folks, get on board or get left behind.

View attachment 1661884

Sportsbet has the Cats at $1.06 for the win. Says it all. Agree completely that we should persist with our new game plan and attempt to stay physical at the contest. No point in reverting to our defensive game at this stage; I doubt it’ll make the slightest difference. In a perverse kind of way, we might be able to outrun them for a bit (probably the only benefit of having a young team), but the bookies reckon we’re going the way of the Hawks…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have grave fears for this game I’ll be over the moon if we can somehow keep it under 40points, 120-80 Allen to kick 5, Long to kick 3, culley, edwards and ginbey to be among the ball winners I’d go in to work tomorrow with a spring in my step😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back