Status
Not open for further replies.
Out
LRT (injury)
Jetta

In
Everitt
Bird

To be honest I would love to drop Mattner, Reid and Mumford as well but we are not going to drop that many players at once and we don't really have anyone to replace them.

With both Mumford and Reid terrible tonight Jesse White might even be in with a chance. I doubt it though.

All the players people want dropped weren't good enough last week either, but we carried them because the team was winning. They didn't suddenly get worse tonight.

Out: LRT (injury) Armstrong - finds enough footy but doesn't have any impact with his possesions and isn't great defensively...needs to do a Morton of last year and just go back and work hard on a few areas.

In: Shaw (if ready) Bird - adds to the midfield depth, and gives that lock-down option if a opposition mid gets out of hand.

Can't drop everyone but Jetta, Reid, Mummy & Mattner need to start performing as of next week, previous brownie points are starting to run out. Wouldn't object to seeing Lamb get a run next week over one them.

Starting to get very obvious why they went after Tippett, Pyke was the only foward who really looked dangerous in the air once LRT went down. Need a big prescence down in that foward line on a full-time basis, Reid's not quite ready to do it consistantly.

Ins: Everitt for LRT (looked like a medial ligament injury from the TV so maybe not long term)
Shaw for Armstrong (if fit)

Otherwise would like to see Morton given a full game.

Remember we would be flying out either late Tuesday, early Wednesday for Thursday's match so I doubt we'll risk Shaw on such a short turn around with the light week of training, better to leave him behind for either another week's rest or the reserves. So I think Everitt will come in for LRT at this stage. Any other changes I would think come down to if we want Bird back in the team or not.

Not too much reshuffling to be done as St Kilda also rely on a mosquito fleet of attackers. I would replace LRT with Everitt, not a direct swap though, and somehow force Bird back into the side, probably for Armstrong. The Reserves don't play this week so it's likely they will fly a squad of 25 over to NZ.

B: Malceski Richards Mattner
HB: Rampe Grundy Smith
C: Hannebery O'Keefe McVeigh
HF: McGlynn Reid Bolton
F: Pyke Goodes Morton
Foll: Mumford Kennedy Jack

Inter: Bird Parker Jetta (Everitt)
Emg: Armstrong White Lamb

Not too much reshuffling to be done as St Kilda also rely on a mosquito fleet of attackers. I would replace LRT with Everitt, not a direct swap though, and somehow force Bird back into the side, probably for Armstrong. The Reserves don't play this week so it's likely they will fly a squad of 25 over to NZ.

Pretty much the side I would go with.

Remember we would be flying out either late Tuesday, early Wednesday for Thursday's match so I doubt we'll risk Shaw on such a short turn around with the light week of training, better to leave him behind for either another week's rest or the reserves. So I think Everitt will come in for LRT at this stage. Any other changes I would think come down to if we want Bird back in the team or not.

Both teams leave for Welly on Tuesday

Yep, although I might be temptted to use Jetta as sub

I expect a big turn around against St Kilda, in terms of playing the game on Swans terms. We were never going to be able to go with Geelong for 4 quarters, playing at a frenetic pace. St Kilda is the perfect opportunity to address a few issues before they loom large, control the flow and get back in the winners circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back