Trades Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a shortened season, there is a solid argument for 3 trades per week
Most teams are usually settled (ie all rookies off the ground) after the bye around R15-17. If that is the case this year, then a lot of sides will finish the year with at least 1 rookie still on the ground

Yeah but the problem with this is it makes it too hard to catch anyone at the top and make up ground. If you have a good team from the start and 3 trades every week it's very easy to stay at the top. It seems as though the top 500 have been bringing in form players like Gaff, Neale and paying up for it rather than focusing on cash generation. Hopefully this is where ground can be made later in the season by only having 2 trades

Strange isn’t it. Even though 2 is the norm I’m looking at next week and thinking what the heck are 2 trades going to accomplish.

It’s already a mickey mouse season. Just give us 3 trades a week and let everybody have some fun :thumbsu:
With a shortened season, there is a solid argument for 3 trades per week
Most teams are usually settled (ie all rookies off the ground) after the bye around R15-17. If that is the case this year, then a lot of sides will finish the year with at least 1 rookie still on the ground

Maybe by going back to two trades the smarter fantasy players or those who have cash flow/playing bench can gain some ground on those in front of them. Normally the byes do a good job of sorting that out but without them this year I'm in a massive hole so by going back to two I hope that equalises the playing field and doesn't compound my current situation.

Yeah but the problem with this is it makes it too hard to catch anyone at the top and make up ground. If you have a good team from the start and 3 trades every week it's very easy to stay at the top. It seems as though the top 500 have been bringing in form players like Gaff, Neale and paying up for it rather than focusing on cash generation. Hopefully this is where ground can be made later in the season by only having 2 trades

Didn't read this before I posted. But yeah, I agree 100%.

Def:
Docherty, B.Smith, Houston, Howe, Cerra, Rivers (Brander, Butler)

Mid:
Macrae, Oliver, Cogs, Mcgrath, Titch, Rowell, Anderson, Starcevich (Mcinerney, McHenry)

Ruck:
Grundy, Pitt (Xerri)

Fwd:
Petracca, Simpkin, Bailey Smith, Ceglar, Bewley, C.Taylor (King, Budarick)

Util:
Cavarra

Any obvious moves here? I am thinking Howe –> Serong via Starcevich DPP for my first move, which gives me $374k for my next 2.

Feels like it’s too early to cull most of my rooks (besides Cavarra who may get a crack when he returns from injury) so thinking of maybe spreading the cash between Cerra & Bewley?

I’d go Whitfield over DSmith. Can either spend the extra $14K or wait a week and hope he drops a big of $$ (think his BE is 85-90).

I held whit, thanks anyway. I understand what you are saying, the breakeven game suggests Simpkin or Parfitt. But when it comes down to it, I will be stuck with the player for a while (back to 2 trades) and I'd rather have Devon Smith over those guys.

So looking at two options.

Option 1
Howe to Xerri (Rivers into D6). Means playing 2 rookies in the backline (Starcevich/Rivers).
Ward to Neale
Coniglio to Gaff

Going to the ‘big guns’ while I have a chance. Changes the structure and actually end up with one more rookie on field, but Ward was never a keeper.

Option 2
Howe to Young
Ward to Neale
Bennell to (rookie) Green.

So basically

Neale/Gaff/Rivers/McInerney on field
Vs
Neale/Cogs/Young/Green on field?

Currently looking at the following team. Is it bad that I still have 8 rookies fielded... (7 techincally, Rowell plays like a 200 gamer)
Trades this week at this moment looking like this:
Noble -> Hayden Young
Greenwood -> Dangerfield
Darcy Cameron -> Poholke

1593474453872.png

So looking at two options.

Option 1
Howe to Xerri (Rivers into D6). Means playing 2 rookies in the backline (Starcevich/Rivers).
Ward to Neale
Coniglio to Gaff

Going to the ‘big guns’ while I have a chance. Changes the structure and actually end up with one more rookie on field, but Ward was never a keeper.

Option 2
Howe to Young
Ward to Neale
Bennell to (rookie) Green.

So basically

Neale/Gaff/Rivers/McInerney on field
Vs
Neale/Cogs/Young/Green on field?
I’m quite new to the game. Can you explain to me how you go Howe to xerri? I don’t see how that’s possible position wise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Climbed 17 spots to 70th overall this week. Hit with injuries to Howe and Naismith.
Trades I’ll be going with are
Naismith -> Young, moving Williams from UTIL to R3. I think bringing Xerri in is pointless, can’t see him staying in the Roos lineup for long, especially with Larkey only a fortnight away, and 30’s aren’t going to do much for cash generation.
Howe -> Maynard
Brayshaw -> J.Berry/B.Parfitt. Leaning towards Berry to try and seperate myself from the rest. 87 & 116 in his last two, 69% of possession in the offensive half for him this year, so taking a punt in him in hope of some DPP coming his way, if not will still be a nice cash grab with a breakeven of 0.

My team now leading into round 5 is:

DEF: Docherty, Crisp, Maynard, Houston, Starcevich, Young (Rivers, McAsey)
MID: Adams, Cripps, Mitchell, Viney, McGrath, Berry, Rowell, Anderson (Budarick, McHenry)
RUC: Grundy, Pittonet (Williams)
FWD: Petracca, Simpkin, Smith, Ainsworth, Bewley, Brander (Taylor, King)
UTIL: Pickett
63k remaining

Next week I’ll aim to do a downgrade to allow me to get Whitfield back in for Bewley if he produces an 80+ again.

Good luck everyone 👌🏽

I’m quite new to the game. Can you explain to me how you go Howe to xerri? I don’t see how that’s possible position wise

You'd need to have a dual position player that plays a defender to slot into Howe's position. For example, you might have Brander sitting in the forward line because he's def/fwd. You select Howe to trade, use the green arrow/red arrow icon to swing Brander from forward to defense, then that'll allow you to bring Xerri into your forward line as he's ruck/fwd. There's probably another couple of ways to make it work as well but that's one option.

I've got Hammill, Davis and Xerri as very underdeveloped cash cows.
Coniglio, Macrae, Houston and Brodie Smith as underperforming premiums.

Every other player is romping it in or has a ridiculously low breakeven.

Seriously need to wait for teams because I have no idea out of Budarick, Tyler Brown, Max King, Curtis Taylor etc to move on to get the cash to upgrade Naismith to Pittonet.

Not a terrible problem to have, but I wish the rookies were just a little fatter.

It’s not too late to jump on Mr. Worldwide?
Current trades are Naismith to Pitt, Greenwood to Parfitt and Howe to Maynard(I’m not sure about Maynard, does get some real negating roles at times).
Could also get rid of Cogs instead of Greenwood but I have faith.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not too late to jump on Mr. Worldwide?
Current trades are Naismith to Pitt, Greenwood to Parfitt and Howe to Maynard(I’m not sure about Maynard, does get some real negating roles at times).
Could also get rid of Cogs instead of Greenwood but I have faith.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon you can still jump on him. His BE is still very low, and Teague's indicated that the role is his to lose, even once Kreuzer is back.

With the numbers of community transmission of covid 19 rising rapidly... It can't be long before the AFL shuts down again...

DEF: Docherty, Crisp, Houston, Doedee, Starcevich, Brander (Rivers, Hamill)
MID: Neale, Macrae, Viney, Mitchell, McGrath, Hannebery, Rowell, Anderson (McInerney, Pickett)
RUC: Jacobs, Pittonet (Naismith)
FWD: Petracca, Simpkin, Smith, Ceglar, Brayshaw, Budarick (Taylor, Xerri, King [UTL])

I'm torn between:
  • Naismith, Brayshaw and Hannebery to Young, Gibbons/D Butler and McLuggage (hoping for strong cash generation, and gambling that Jacobs comes back after a week off), or
  • Jacobs, Naismith and Hannebery to Gibbons/D Butler, L Butler and Gaff (Ceglar to R1, locking in Gaff, and a bit of a weaker DEF bench).
Any suggestions?

With the numbers of community transmission of covid 19 rising rapidly... It can't be long before the AFL shuts down again...
Only in Victoria... need to move all Victorian clubs out of Victoria after this round to keep the season going safely (from a fixturing perspective, I have no fear about footy players actually being unsafe due to covid, just unsafe from maude falnders like politicians who like to get nervy about things)

Only in Victoria... need to move all Victorian clubs out of Victoria after this round to keep the season going safely (from a fixturing perspective, I have no fear about footy players actually being unsafe due to covid, just unsafe from maude falnders like politicians who like to get nervy about things)
Yup, spot on.
After this weekend I honestly don't think there will be another game in Vic for a weeks

Currently going with:

Parish > Poholke
Z.Merrett > Neale
Brayshaw > Simpkin

177k in the bank. I may trade down to someone cheaper than Poholke pending teams
Decided to do Parish > Hill instead. $59k in the bank.

Team looks like this
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.22.45 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.22.57 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back