VFL Round 6, 2018: Sandringham v Essendon - TBB Oval, Sunday 13th May, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Managed to watch the last qtr and a bit. Frustrating stuff. Strange the we continued to play so close to the boundary the whole last qtr when we needed to score. And the couple of times we actually did run the footy throught the corridor we ended up being able to get the footy forward.

Disposal and decision making clearly a worry for Sandy also.

I'm not sure Freeman would have a huge impact at AFL level. Maybe this was due to him being fairly tired by the time I started watching the game, but he looked fairly messy and didn't seem to have that break away speed he had as a kid. Still think we should give the bloke a run next week as we've got nothing to lose and he clearly deserves a crack. Bloody exciting for the kid if it happens.

Managed to watch the last qtr and a bit. Frustrating stuff. Strange the we continued to play so close to the boundary the whole last qtr when we needed to score. And the couple of times we actually did run the footy throught the corridor we ended up being able to get the footy forward.

Disposal and decision making clearly a worry for Sandy also.

I'm not sure Freeman would have a huge impact at AFL level. Maybe this was due to him being fairly tired by the time I started watching the game, but he looked fairly messy and didn't seem to have that break away speed he had as a kid. Still think we should give the bloke a run next week as we've got nothing to lose and he clearly deserves a crack. Bloody exciting for the kid if it happens.
last quarter his worst quarter

RICE IS USELESS....LONGER IS A FK... EMBARRASSMENT WEEK IN WEEK OUT

the whole saints player today are trash....except for Freezer and maybe Lonie (from today).

Bailey Rice proving why he doesn't get a game he is no good...White butching it also...

Clavarino is no good....

Battle doesn't deserve a game...

Freezer, Austin and Lonie only people who can come in no one else that played today deserves it...Sincs automatic in. Wrighty a chance to.

Would line up with;

IN: Rice Freeman Sinclair White Battle
OUT: Carlisle Armitage Newnes Marshall Savage

Debuts: Rice Freeman

FB: Geary* - Brown - Webster
HB: Rice - Gilbert* - White
RK: Hickey - Steven - Ross*
CR: Sinclair - Steele - Acres
HF: Billings - Battle - Weller*
FF: Gresham - Membrey - Clark
IC: Freeman Dunstan Phillips Coffield

*only because of a lack of other options...

Good to hear, can't blame the bloke for tiring out in his second game of the year.

How was his speed early? Has he lost a lot of that break away speed or was it just due to him being tired towards the end of the game when I was watching?
he's very quick, but not steven level quick bursting through congestion. He's probably still pacing himself, but would one of our most explosive even if he is holding back. Apparently he can get to the steven level pace though which would be very exciting. I find him similar to steven in a lot of ways. he's short but as opposed to lonie very strong, therefore wins a ton of clearances.

Would line up with;

yes pls

Would line up with;

You wanna drop Seb Ross?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would line up with;

Why is it a given that carlisle is out,unlikely to me

Would line up with;

Is there any chance Carlisle comes up? Not sure how the concussion rule works any more....

Freeman and Logan have to come in imo. Sincs is better than both Newnes and Armo so he has to come in.

Battle hasn't set the world on fire lately but given how much Marshall is struggling up forward.

Don't know how White and Rice have been traveling but since Gilbo and Geary are unlikely to be dropped I can't see them coming in.

RICE IS USELESS....LONGER IS A FK... EMBARRASSMENT WEEK IN WEEK OUT

the whole saints player today are trash....except for Freezer and maybe Lonie (from today).

Bailey Rice proving why he doesn't get a game he is no good...White butching it also...

Clavarino is no good....

Battle doesn't deserve a game...

Freezer, Austin and Lonie only people who can come in no one else that played today deserves it...Sincs automatic in. Wrighty a chance to.

Bubbles would be one of the best kicks we’ve got at the club, wouldn’t play freezer still needs games.

Is Cooperg on the ball or over the top with his comments?
Cooper has given a reasonable overview of the game that I watched briefly this afternoon.
With one proviso: nowadays most VFL is garbage, so we’re not uniquely garbage. Essendon happened to be less crap than us today.
As was Box Hill a week or so ago. Or Port prior to that.
We were less crap than either Footscray or Geelong.
This game, like all the previous VFL games I have watched this year, is played on a quarter of the oval. Adults playing Auskick. A mobile maul, more rugby union than AFL.
At one point in the third the maul had managed to spread to one half of the ground (being the Beach Road side). Gobsmacking!
If this is modern football, then it truly sucks.

The performance of the players reflects this new age: you cannot expect players skilled in AFL to be adept at some other crap hybrid.
Having said that, I’d only agree with him on one point: Freeman is an AFL player. The others may be, but their talent doesn’t shine through in the same way as Freeman.
PS: None of the Bombers were impressive either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back