Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only reason I can think as to why Howard takes the kick outs is if the opposition get control of the kick out their tall tall will be stuck on a medium like coffield. I still think I’d rather take the punt and have Howard trying to mark the ball instead of kicking it.
He might be our longest kick back there so we are going with the method of just kicking it far.

But saying that, he kicks it short a lot and too frequently this year has butchered the kick in, turning it straight over to the opposition.

We have been looking ta ways to get Coff more into the game and giving him the cheap possession from the kick in could do it. He's a smart player and a good kick so is more likely to find a target than just try to kick it long.

Another alternative team:

B. Kent Carlisle Wilkie
H.B. Connolly Webster Membrey
C. Clark Jones Coffield
H.F. Battle Marshall Butler
F. Higgins Howard King
Foll. Ryder Steele Crouch
Inter. Billings, Byrnes, Bytel, Hill???

Last edited:
Someone ought to talk to the SAINTS players about the Navy Seals 40% rule...I think it might serve us well playing PORT. The 40% Rule is the idea that when our mind is telling us to quit, that our body has actually only used up 40% of it's potential. ... Our mind begins to tell us to slow down or that it's time to stop. According to the SEAL, at this point we are only 40% used up – and we are still capable of more. 60% left in the tank!!
I guess I've been enjoying BRAVO 1 just a little too much on SEAL TEAM with Jason, Ray, Clay, Sonny and Lisa. I know its American sh*t but its great to watch.
Come on SAINTS.....'Oorah'!!!

According to that I should have the life force and drive of a 24 year old now!
I pull that rule out 12 schooners in.

Whoa, he's a unique talent & only 22y.o

Both him and Coffield had disappointing starts to 2021 but both played well last week. Clark beat his previous best possession count by 7 touches. 33 possessions says the ball came down to our defence way to often but also shows how well he reads the play.

We might as well stick with Battle in defence for a while to at least see how he goes.

If he's no good then we are likely going to have to bring in a key defender either in the draft or by trade.

A quality key defender is our biggest hole right now along with a quality mid.

There s no doubt he has played his best footy at the club in that role 2 years ago. Has not been able to really get going in the forward/wing role.

If he thinks he's a forward well that's just tough luck right now. Justin Leppitch thought he was a forward too.
Reports and highlights froms Clav's game on the weekend have given me hope in our kpd stocks again

He might be our longest kick back there so we are going with the method of just kicking it far.

But saying that, he kicks it short a lot and too frequently this year has butchered the kick in, turning it straight over to the opposition.

We have been looking ta ways to get Coff more into the game and giving him the cheap possession from the kick in could do it. He's a smart player and a good kick so is more likely to find a target than just try to kick it long.
Think Hill is a good option to kick out. He needs some confidence and the kick ins will help. Also can run at high speed all day. Can kick out and then run up field losing opposition thru traffic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don’t see him as a key defender, long term we’ll be looking for another key and he wouldn’t be first choice as the third tall.

I get the feeling battle may wind up getting traded, maybe I’m wrong but I get the feeling he’d have plenty clubs interested. I can’t believe we planned to play two rucks last year, I think Ryder exceeded all expectations and Marshall ended up playing forward a lot.
We would be incredibly foolish to let battle go anywhere. Will be a star.

I’ve never seen him play and I know he hasn’t been starring but is it time to give conolly a game and see if he is up to it? From all reports he is quick, good decision maker and the best kick in the squad. Obviously has his flaws but we need a rejig down back and sometimes blokes are more adapt a higher level. Give him free reign to pierce kicks out of the back line. Get him kicking out instead of Howard bombing long down the line.

in: Marshall, Jones, conolly, highmore,

Out: hunter, dunstan, long, McKenzie, Sinclair

b: highmore Howard Wilkie
Hb: conolly battle coffield
C: hill crouch Ross
Hf: billings membrey Higgins
F: butler king Carlisle
Foll: Marshall Steele Clark
Int: Webster Jones bytel Lonie
Sub: Sinclair

hoping Webster is fit

Saints pumping Byrnes up on SM could be a big chance to play