Game Day Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathetic weak club, shameful. That old headline will be back tomorrow, same old saints. 2021 all over again

* thankyou, I feel less s**t.....
Ok BJ needs to go.... how can you not defend the backside of a centre clearance, pisstake
More curious question is why Marshall keeps tapping to an unmanned Treloar at the back of a contest

Too many passengers. Pou is 2 years from being a difference maker providing he even reaches his potential. Dougal should have played, having Cooper play back is obvious Ross knows they cocked up match committee.

Our midfield is a bottom 6 midfield. We lack class forward of centre and our rebounding halfbacks have absolutely no defensive capabilities.

Back to the draft. If we are two years off then we really need to consider looking for a young ruck and trading Marshall to hit the draft. Average tap ruckman who is already 28. If he is 31-32 when we hit our straps then I don’t see why we would hold onto him. He is only going to lose athleticism and never had a lot of smarts to make up it.

Ye
We hit plenty of 20m kicks! They were just called "not 15, play on"
Yep, 4 weeks in a row we are called 5+ times for no 15, never to the other team...and the worst is when it is clearly 15+ and the 'officlial' idiot waits 2 seconds to whistle so it ends up just the same.

I do think the coaching group have to accept some responsibility, we've seen the team play much better than this.

Its not purely a talent issue. When our system is working we look good. Our system at the moment is broken.

Our forward line is completely dysfunctional. I love Banger, and he’ll go down as one of the saints best ever players, by why do we have an ex-midfielder coaching the forward line? I know it’s not our only issue but our forward line is shambolic at the moment.
You'd think he'd be able to teach midfielders how to hit someone on the lead and how they like to be led to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazarus is the free kick or suspension that hits us at least once per week. Last week infringing 50m (not seen this year?). Tonight chopping (25 free kicks missed to Ming, never seen before); 2 metres over the mark (always is "two steps back please") and the 12+ throws they have made versus zero to us results in one free kick AGAINST us. 11-3 free kicks.
Oh, and the 'don't pay Weightman high frees for dropping the knees' disappeared with us

Worst thing about our injury list is it makes it harder to drop these potatoes. Quite a few of them need a solid wake up call via a spell in the 2s

We need some of our best 22 players back, guys like Jones, Byrnes and Bonner aren't up to it but even our best 22 players are down tonight.

I don't think we can win this now but we at least we need to show some fight here and not less this be an embarrassing blowout.

Pou will end up being a great player, but right now he needs a spell at Sandy. I’d sub him off and bring on Butler. The Dogs are running the ball out of defence far too easily and we need someone who can lock the ball in there.

Saints - 84 handballs to half time - total metres gained - if its more than 84 metres I'll be astounded.

A total inability to clear the contest other than a hack kick forward that ends up in a turnover.

Doesn't explain why we look like we've gone backwards 50% from last season despite having a season under the belt of Pou, NAS, Owens,Caminiti etc
There will always be weeks like this especially for middling teams with a lot of young players.

The list is not that diabolical. The game plan sucks.

Have to have 100 inside 50s to kick a goal. He has not evolved whatsoever. This is a 15 year old game plan and it is too exhausting to maintain.

Players starting to look like that can't be arsed playing this dour exhausting brand of footy anymore.
I don’t share your sentiment that it’s dour. If anything it’s too expansively chaotic. Too many quick handballs to a player with even fewer options.

There is no doubt we’re very poor tonight. But I think we rely on too few week in week out.

We need to lift all across the park.

The entire team are playing fatigued. We are a young group and with very few senior stars.

If we want to blame anything - find a cause for this performance it simple in my opinion, ITS OUR INJURY LIST (pre seasons). We cant keep flogging players over the preseason, losing so many to injury and expect to start seasons well.

Great we are getting games into kids but there still needs to be pressure for positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back