Review Round 6 - GWS Giants vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby Greene needs to get his arse kicked over that stupid 50 metre penalty. That was giving away 6 points for nothing. :mad:

Hard to say what was up but it looked like he was asking who to give it back to, which is fair enough when the umps pay a guaranteed 50 for giving it to the wrong person and there were two of them there.

If asked at the beginning of the game if I would take 39 points I would have said "hell yes". This was our youngest and most inexperienced team EVER and given we're us, that is a hell of a statement. We were away from home and playing the top of the table team.

I didn't see the last quarter, but what I saw before that pleased me no end. Roll on 2015 and 2016.

Oh and.... JEZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today makes you realise what an exciting future we've got in front of us.

We don't lack for talent. We have reasonable depth. We're well coached, and the boys understand the need to play for each other, like all good teams.

We just need the fitness that comes with physical maturity. Time and training will sort that out.

Went to the game.. Very impressed overall. Thought corrs debut was fantastic. Treloar live looked to be almost the best of our mids at this stage. Cameron is a gun. Hard not to be excited when you think 3 years ahead and they all have 50-100 games under their belts. Gun mature ruck and defender are definitely what we need at end of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic first half guys :thumbsu: Really impressed. Jeremy Cameron is going to be a 200+ games 400+ goal type over the next 10 years. Really excited to see how his career develops.

Fantastic first half guys :thumbsu: Really impressed. Jeremy Cameron is going to be a 200+ games 400+ goal type over the next 10 years. Really excited to see how his career develops.

Yeah. Its incredible to think we might be seeing the start of the career of one of the great full-forwards.

I think you lot are in for a great ride with this bunch of players, very exciting to watch before the fatigue and lack of pre seasons kicks in. Cameron is just a gun, probably the most talented key forward to enter the system since Buddy.

I was also at the game (Vic member 3 years)

It appeared they did step up in that they 'teamed ' a bit better than before any other time this year.

I'm not sure we will win any matches this year, having missed some earlier oppotunities, but we are definitely not getting the beltings which many have suggested.

Based upon what I saw (Corr & Bruce), we may be better off developing our own tall backs, but we definitely could do with Nic-Nat or a number of levels (on the fild and off the field, he was born in Western Sydney).

The after match function was simple but also very worthwhile.

Well done all-round Giants!

Yeah. Its incredible to think we might be seeing the start of the career of one of the great full-forwards.

Certainly looks that way:

With 44 goals from his first 22 games, Cameron is tracking better than some of the outstanding forwards of the past 15 years at the corresponding stages of their careers. He is two ahead of Essendon great Matthew Lloyd, who had 42, and well clear of All-Australian forward Tom Hawkins (29), reigning Coleman medallist Jack Riewoldt (28) and champion spearhead Franklin (22).

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gws-going-hard-at-quality-players-20130505-2j1gd.html#ixzz2SPn1E120

Just watched the replay last night. It's efforts like this game that make the poor performances tolerable. Doesn't even really matter that you (I'm a Crows supporter this week, next week i'm back to using 'we') lost the game. The team showed heart, showed skill, and gave a glimpse of what a formidable club GWS will be in the next few years. It's good every now and then to see a performance like this to make it all worthwhile. Top stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back