Trades Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
err no - Vandermeer was named in the Footscray 22 but was then selected for seniors.

AFL sides will quite often name their bench players in the VFL side until they finalise teams
Whilst normally true, given that it isn't a regular season VFL match and additional players being provided for the side that I am pretty sure aren't in Geelong's VFL setup (I could be wrong about that)...

Screenshot_20210423-150913_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20210423-150930_AFL.jpg

I figure Geelong wouldn't bother wasting their time with naming him if he was part of the plans for the Seniors.

I hope I am wrong and he is picked this week but the fact he is named in the VFL is alarming... fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:

Already done 1 trade Danger to Dunkley (No Brainer) but could use some advice on my next trade.
Option 1
Campbell to McCreery (Move Dunkley to mid) leaves me no DPP in the forward line.

Option 2
Campbell to Finlay Macrae (gone 1 week early on him).

Or is there anyother options your guys can see.

Capture.PNG

Whilst normally true, given that it isn't a regular season VFL match and additional players being provided for the side that I am pretty sure aren't in Geelong's VFL setup (I could be wrong about that)...

View attachment 1109479View attachment 1109480

I figure Geelong wouldn't bother wasting their time with naming him if he was part of the plans for the Seniors.

I hope I am wrong and he is picked this week but the fact he is named in the VFL is alarming... fingers crossed

here is the Footscray side as named
1619155689046.png

Cordy, Vandermeer & Jong have all been named in the seniors 22 and didn't play VFL last night

Roarke Smith also didn't play last night and will likely be the SUB as he was named EMG for the seniors

most clubs do this

View attachment 1109491

Cordy, Vandermeer & Jong have all been named in the seniors 22 and didn't play VFL last night

Roarke Smith also didn't play last night and will likely be the SUB as he was named EMG for the seniors

most clubs do this
Fair enough, aware that this is somewhat common and happy to be wrong if this is the same situation... just struck me as odd given not a normal VFL game and with the influx of other players from outside the VFL setup...

View attachment 1109491

most clubs do this
And McNeil not named in VFL but then dropped from AFL, so hard to know what is going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough DEF to fill a semi-decent backline. Anyone holding:

Ridley
Houston
Howe
Daniels
Clark
Jones
(Kosi, Highmore)

I like the Walsh upgrade, not so much the Ridley > Laird sideways which feels like a bit of a downgrade. I'd rather downgrade a bench rookie to get the funds for the Walsh upgrade and cop a Ridley def doughnut this week.
Original plan was
McNeil and Cambell
For
Oliver and Mcreery
Still may go that way, but looking into it I think I prefer Walsh for less coin.
Those trades leave me with 200k bank.

Sounds like he is going to make the flight over! Whether he is named or not is another thing

Actually that makes me wonder, maybe the smart play is trading out Campbell if he is not named over Berry? :think:

That's probably the plan.

The Sunday games are a killer. Waiting on all of Highmore, Brockman, Berry and Waterman, and it looks like at least a couple will miss. Reckon if a rookie or quasi rook like Clark is named you just keep them in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back