Preview Round 7, 2019: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 4th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 62 73.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Richardson also revealed No.4 draft pick Max King, who last year required an ACL reconstruction, was on track to play his first game for Sandringham next week in the VFL."

giphy.gif

It was pleasing to see Richo publicly take ownership of the error of playing Bruce last week. A bit step up from past years.

Went down to Manuka Oval training run this afternoon. The first thing that jumped out is how happy the group are this year. They are really enjoying their footy. Got to meet and greet all the players after there run which is something the club does really well now! Great bunch of lads.

Interesting the coaches arent interesting in engaging with the supporters.

Hannebrey was doing sprints and looks super fit. He said he will play in 3 or 4 weeks.

Bytel was kicking the ball so must be on the improve and is a nice young fella.

Bruce had leg strapped but moved fine will definitely play.

Marsh looks big and athletic but is not the most reliable kick from what I saw in 40 mins.

Battle is an absolute ripper lad and has a real presence about him, my new favourite player.

Joyce picked to play on Cameron which I gather is no surprise. Great lad.

Surprisingly Jack Newnes appeared the most shy of the players. Suggested to him that he should ask Richo for a run in the middle, just raised his brows.

Marshall is Mr Smiley never stops smiling. Hopefully he is smiling after the game.

You forget how small these lads are until you are standing alongside them, but Gresham is tiny a little nugget.

They all seem confident about tomorrow.

Go Saints !

Surprised Hanners and Bytel flew up for it. Great though. Keep the group together as much as possible I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. It's easy for coaches to drag out the old cliche about "injuries providing opportunity for others to step up", but in reality eventually the well will run dry. Especially, when you have a lot of kids playing. The next three weeks has the potential for things to get ugly for us. I don't realistically expect any wins, I just hope we can be competitive and keep to our game plan. Put the next 3 behind us with morale intact and we can still have a decent season.
Last year we were also smashed by injuries.

Difference is last year we played line a rudderless yatch in a typhoon.

Regardless if where we end up, at least the kids getting games are learning in a proper environment.

One interesting point for me is the Toby Greene factor. Out of the team the last time we beat them in 2017, no score at all last year when we drew with them, the last time we were beaten by them in 2016 he scored 4.3.

I'm guessing he'll have D-Mac for company tomorrow, if our fast-improving #36 can nullify him, we are in it up to our eyeballs, and our man will have properly announced himself to the competition.

Make it so.

It was pleasing to see Richo publicly take ownership of the error of playing Bruce last week. A bit step up from past years.

Went down to Manuka Oval training run this afternoon. The first thing that jumped out is how happy the group are this year. They are really enjoying their footy. Got to meet and greet all the players after there run which is something the club does really well now! Great bunch of lads.

Interesting the coaches arent interesting in engaging with the supporters.

Hannebrey was doing sprints and looks super fit. He said he will play in 3 or 4 weeks.

Marsh looks big and athletic but is not the most reliable kick from what I saw in 40 mins.

Battle is an absolute ripper lad and has a real presence about him, my new favourite player.

Surprisingly Jack Newnes appeared the most shy of the players. Suggested to him that he should ask Richo for a run in the middle, just raised his brows.

Marshall is Mr Smiley never stops smiling. Hopefully he is smiling after the game.

You forget how small these lads are until you are standing alongside them, but Gresham is tiny a little nugget.

Go Saints !
Great stuff IS.

Terrific you could get there and see us Vics who get to training weren't yanking your chain about the spirit in the group.

Reckon it will keep us in good stead over the next three trying weeks.

Have a good one and hope we give you an upset win.

It's a really big month for Clark. By all reports, he was a real stand out during pre season but just hasn't been able to adapt as quickly in game. Now is his opportunity to show he is an AFL midfielder, not just a kid.

Had Melbourne syndrome running only one way downhill .

Still learning caper , building his tank think both Coffield & him will be good players main reason is they are smart.

The big news to me is Hannebery running sprints and King playing at Sandy next week.

Hannabery would be chanting at the bit to get on the ground to shut his doubters down

He seems really popular as the entire playing group were cheering/ragging him while he was doing his sprints on the other side of the ground. He will be huge when he starts playing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get up here and win this with this squad, it will be one of the most motivational wins I’ve ever seen from us. I cannot wait for this game and I have no doubt that the boys will put in 100%. Go Saints!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s become much more possible with Davis and Kelly out. Still, much much easier said than done.

Interesting the coaches arent interested in engaging with the supporters.

Go Saints !
Thanks so much for the training info Impatient

If Hannebery can get back on the park by round 14 he would be a huge in for us.
Imagine getting Hannebery , Carlisle , Steven , Lonie and Geary and all fit and firing.
I am so excited for when Hanners can play for us. If he can get close to his best will make a massive difference to our midfield and it will also stick it up Purple!!

It's great having members informing us of the goings on , good onya IP, it just makes the site better - I also have to mention George and BT for all the work they put in.

A special mention to Plugger , Joffa and Gringo for the entertainment.

What about me? You didn’t thank me. I like being thanked. :(

A877FF95-8F5E-4F58-91CF-431A2CF6FE48.jpeg

Hard to believe he's only 20. He's hardly been beat in any position played this year. What a ripper.

Of all the rising star players he's the highest fantasy scorer. Playing defence no-one has even noticed.

Haven't posted in a while because I've been on holidays, but have to say I really like the inclusion of Joyce. I thought he was brilliant over the pre-season games and good in round 1, he gives us more rebound than Brown and I think he has the tools to become a very good player for us. Bold move dropping Brown, but I'm really excited to see what Joyce can bring.

I'm really sad for Stuv that he is still battling these issues. But it's the best for everyone that he takes a break to get his mind and body right, you can tell by looking at his body that he's not really in a position to be playing at the moment. He will get through this.

Hope that we can bring it this week. It's a tough assignment, especially for a young side, but we match up well against GWS and I genuinely think we can win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back