Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Byrnes is worth persisting with.

He's been slowly improving and at his current rate by the time he's 27 I would say he's a pretty solid player.

Will never be more than that but that's ok.
Byrnes has improved this year in my book. But his role needs him to be more even creative offensively. Darcy Jones played his role perfectly on the weekend and Darcy Wilson probably played it quite well too. Get up and down the wings to impact on defense. But needs more impact breaking lines the other way. Either run and carry, good field kicking, or even better, both.

Anyone watch footy classified? Why does Kane hate us so much? every chance he gets he digs the boots in, dead set w***er
Never....!!!!!

I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a blunt pencil !!!!!!

And seeing "Jabba the Hutchy" hosting....arh...no.

And, Caro ‘I feel like running the same story for a 2nd week’ Wilson. They’re all as bad as each other lately

Caro will change her tune when Richmond are bottom four for a decade because it is so hard to get from the bottom because of F/S and academies ruining the draft. Hawthorn won three flags in a row a decade ago and can't seem to improve now.

I was aggrieved to hear Kane Cornes launch on Higgo in what I can call a clever 'flanking attack'..a sneaky attack at that time of the morning..

He was ahead of the popular view that he knew how it would emerge. He was ahead of the curve.

Knowing full well that it could be pointed out that Allir was kicking the ball - being in the act of disposing of the ball, Higgo could be accused of giving up the contest if he let his grip go - Kano Cornes launched into a faux-shocked, consciously offended monoogue about how unfair it would be if the crowd started to direct blame at Allir. The unspoken corollary of this is that 'Higgo is the bad guy', and therefore any sympathy for Higgo being in a tough spot can be quelched.

Gotta give him credit for playing the media tole well in the sense that he makes good copy and drives up a storm, which afterall, is what the media do and he gets paid well for it. Starting to side with Darc!

I was aggrieved to hear Kane Cornes launch on Higgo in what I can call a clever 'flanking attack'..a sneaky attack at that time of the morning..

He was ahead of the popular view that he knew how it would emerge. He was ahead of the curve.

Knowing full well that it could be pointed out that Allir was kicking the ball - being in the act of disposing of the ball, Higgo could be accused of giving up the contest if he let his grip go - Kano Cornes launched into a faux-shocked, consciously offended monoogue about how unfair it would be if the crowd started to direct blame at Allir. The unspoken corollary of this is that 'Higgo is the bad guy', and therefore any sympathy for Higgo being in a tough spot can be quelched.

Gotta give him credit for playing the media tole well in the sense that he makes good copy and drives up a storm, which afterall, is what the media do and he gets paid well for it. Starting to side with Darc!
Kornes is a genuinely scummy person who is perfectly happy about exploiting his media position to generate clickbait income and push his personal agendas by disparaging other people.

Luke Darcy is equally a s**t bloke but was 100% right about Kornes, was just a dumbass in attacking him without bringing the facts.

My big issue is we already have a considerable issue with media quality in this country, AFL media being particually terrible, which I do believe has a negative impact on society as a whole. People give Kornes a pass on his behaviors and attitude but as far as im concerned people in his position should be doing better.

We just need to start winning games and stop playing a rubbish brand of football- that's how you get respect.

We should start with the brand of footy. You can look past the injuries, short turnaround, suspensions etc. but the thing I find super deflating is that we're still not playing to win games, we are playing to not lose them. We are the least exciting team to watch at present.

We should start with the brand of footy. You can look past the injuries, short turnaround, suspensions etc. but the thing I find super deflating is that we're still not playing to win games, we are playing to not lose them. We are the least exciting team to watch at present.
Sad, but a lot of Saint friends are telling me they have lost a lot of interest in the club at the moment. Amongst other things, that is hard to turn around

Sad, but a lot of Saint friends are telling me they have lost a lot of interest in the club at the moment. Amongst other things, that is hard to turn around
Well I ask this.
We saw what happens when we increase the risk factor last week.
Turn overs in the Centre corridor ..
Given the list, we did were super lucky last year. And we are clinging on to something right now.
Dare I say, we win the next three we will cheer up ‘forever’!

Kornes is a genuinely scummy person who is perfectly happy about exploiting his media position to generate clickbait income and push his personal agendas by disparaging other people.

Luke Darcy is equally a s**t bloke but was 100% right about Kornes, was just a dumbass in attacking him without bringing the facts.

My big issue is we already have a considerable issue with media quality in this country, AFL media being particually terrible, which I do believe has a negative impact on society as a whole. People give Kornes a pass on his behaviors and attitude but as far as im concerned people in his position should be doing better.
I reckon Korne is spot on with his assessment of the Saints...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard needs to be cut some slack off a long layoff, I still believe he is the superior option to Cordy, who was given an absolute bath by Naughton last week. But in the long-term it’d be nice to not require either.
Bonner is a genuine liability. Not only can he not defend, he doesn’t put his head over the ball and hold the ball in when that’s the obvious defensive play. In addition, his well lauded kicking has consistently let us down. Sure he racks up disposals but chipping it around in the back line will pad out anyone’s stat line.
Stocker made a couple of blue’s on the weekend but he’s been pretty reliable over his time at the saints. And to echo a previous poster, with Webster back he will be better supported and be able to shine. Overall the backline needs to build continuity with a set 6/7. This will solidify us defensively and enhance our offence out of the back half.
Agree regarding Bonner. He is a complete liability defensively.

We need Webster back asap to help provide defensive support. Not only can he defend the likes of Greene, Cameron etc but he comes across to help out the likes of Howard, Battle and Wilkie to get a spoil or intercept mark which Bonner doesn't.

Anyone else read the article on the AFL site about our pressure rating the last 2 weeks?

The differentials in both individual games and cumulatively were some of the worst recorded since they started recording that stat in 2010.

Not good for a side who is meant to have that as a calling card.
Probably a by-product of our terrible fixture and young team. Hard to maintain pressure when you are gassed

We just need to start winning games and stop playing a rubbish brand of football- that's how you get respect.
All true.

But there’s absolutely no reason not to be able to expect consistency for all teams from the ruling body of the sport. And from the umpires and tribunal.
From fixtures, to drafting, to adjudicating.

Especially when Byrnes is only 23, and reportedly a natural leader.

No one is saying he's a champ but he's great depth and could possibly become more than that.
Byrne's has improved every season I reckon.
Can't ask for much more than that from a player.
Much preferred to the Dunstan-first-season-plateau routine.

uggh support the team through the hard times.
Generally works when there are some good times to recall and look forward too.

We dont have the history and the future isnt exactly blinding.

To be clear, im a member and just signed my newborns up so i always stick fat but im not gonna criticise people for waning with this team.

Generally works when there are some good times to recall and look forward too.

We dont have the history and the future isnt exactly blinding.

To be clear, im a member and just signed my newborns up so i always stick fat but im not gonna criticise people for waning with this team.
grew up watching Nicky, Plugger, Harves in Moorabbin. good times. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back