Game Day Round 7 - ANZAC DAY - Essendon v Collingwood, MCG, Thursday 25/4/24, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I'm not mad because Collingwood are the reigning premiers for a reason and they showed it that quarter. They were always going to come back. Their pressure was through the roof. Despite that, we've had our fair share of chances.

Still ahead so it's all about what we show in the second half.
Yep, just see last week when they came back against Port, a team that smashed us.

Kelly and Laverde are not up to consistent AFL football I have seen enough but they keep getting picked. both are just dumb footballers and slow as in the mind just hate it when they have the ball or it goes near them...!!!

Kelly and Laverde are not up to consistent AFL football I have seen enough but they keep getting picked. both are just dumb footballers and slow as in the mind just hate it when they have the ball or it goes near them...!!!
Could easily replace them with Roberts and Hayes.

We’ve had 12 more turnovers ..got to lift there ..and -14 in tackles. Very nervy down back ..we haven’t marked many and when ball hits the ground we’re struggling to cope.

The arm pull and 50 from Lav was dumb as.

We're winning centre clearances and stoppage clearances by 50%

Winning possessions, marks

We were 3rd going into this game for inside 50 tackles... stat for us so far? 0-13. Very telling.

Must put more pressure on their defenders when we have it in our forward 50 and go back to our usual i50 tackling. It creates more shots and does more to keep it in our 50, which is what's costing us. Feel like going in so tall has done it's part to stifle this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to increase our tackle pressure to be any chance in the 2nd half. 24 tackles in a half is no where near good enough against a top 4 side. Back 6 need to be more composed with the ball in hand, silly unforced errors are hurting us big time.

We’ve had 12 more turnovers ..got to lift there ..and -14 in tackles. Very nervy down back ..we haven’t marked many and when ball hits the ground we’re struggling to cope.
if anything its a positive that we were outworked in that quarter (q2) but were still ahead.

Need to keep taking the game on and take our chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back