Review Round 7 - GWS Giants vs Adelaide Crows @ Skoda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the evidence in front of you and choose to ignore it - rather make a comment about me. Who is struggling? I am not the one ignoring the evidence.

Mate like I said AFL is by far the best run sport in the country and has a fantastic following. People just need to realize the rusted on prejudices and bias' out there and in the media. Football is the game of the people - all nationalities play it - the common language. People of Western Sydney deserve a team that represents them, not a figure head who has a mentality dating back 50 years.
And I will give you one last piece of advice, in case you think I was actually kidding.

If you do insist on presenting your arguments about soccer, the last person you should be using as a reference point is Craig Foster.

The bloke just doesn't have a chip on his shoulder about Australian Football (AFL), he has the equivalent of a forest.

He does the cause of soccer in this country absolutely no good whatsoever with his pure, blind and irrational hatred of Australia's game.

The sooner the soccer media is rid of his ilk the better for all concerned.

And I will give you one last piece of advice, in case you think I was actually kidding.

If you do insist on presenting your arguments about soccer, the last person you should be using as a reference point is Craig Foster.

The bloke just doesn't have a chip on his shoulder about Australian Football (AFL), he has the equivalent of a forest.

He does the cause of soccer in this country absolutely no good whatsoever with his pure, blind and irrational hatred of Australia's game.

The sooner the soccer media is rid of his ilk the better for all concerned.

Could it be becasue of the constant attacks on Football by AFL and NRL aligned media? Or the fact people were taunted growing up for playing the game? Or because our national team the Socceroos were booed when they came back from a tour of Vietnam, being called "sheilas". Or because the media constantly berate the game and attack it?

On another note Sherb, I do thank you for replying in a civilised manner, and not being insulting. I thank you for that. Respect

And this is the problem. People close themselves off to the truth when it does not suit them. Thing is he is stating a fact - on something that did happen and people choose to ignore it and continue arguing that Sheedy is not really the type of guy people are making him out to be.

As ignorant attitude as Sheedy. Even when the facts are presented before you, people choose not to read it. Amazing. Why? So they can continue to blind themselves to the truth and reinforce their own ignorant opinions.

And people say the AFL bubble does not exist. It is stronger then ever.

So we're expected to take Craig's anecdote, in the context he chooses to write it in , in his article. What a wonderfully reputable source.

I stated earlier I don't have much respect for Craig Foster - I came to this conclusion from the many times I've listened to his comments on SBS. I don't like what he has to say a lot of the time and I consider him to be excessively arrogant and opinionated... so guess what? I don't listen to him. But you say that's ignorant?!?!

Pardon me, but this is called making an educated assessment of whether to process presented data based on it's perceived reputability. I especially reserve the right to neglect articles when they're opinion pieces. I don't respect Foster, so I ignore it. But you've started bawling because I decide not to read the link you've put forward.

Now, if you read my comment very carefully, you will see that I am not defending Sheedy, or making any comments about the Giants, or even referencing the issue. I am simply stating that I don't hold Craig Foster's OPINION in any level of regard and therefore I'm not going to waste my time reading that article. Clearly my comment is purely about pointing out my distaste for HIS opinion (whatever it may be).

This is the same reason I don't watch "Today Tonight", "A current affair" or the "Bolt report" because it's presented/written by people I don't respect, and put forward with a particular agenda.

So we're expected to take Craig's anecdote, in the context he chooses to write it in , in his article. What a wonderfully reputable source.

I stated earlier I don't have much respect for Craig Foster - I came to this conclusion from the many times I've listened to his comments on SBS. I don't like what he has to say a lot of the time and I consider him to be excessively arrogant and opinionated... so guess what? I don't listen to him. But you say that's ignorant?!?!

Pardon me, but this is called making an educated assessment of whether to process presented data based on it's perceived reputability. I especially reserve the right to neglect articles when they're opinion pieces. I don't respect Foster, so I ignore it. But you've started bawling because I decide not to read the link you've put forward.

Now, if you read my comment very carefully, you will see that I am not defending Sheedy, or making any comments about the Giants, or even referencing the issue. I am simply stating that I don't hold Craig Foster's OPINION in any level of regard and therefore I'm not going to waste my time reading that article. Clearly my comment is purely about pointing out my distaste for HIS opinion (whatever it may be).

This is the same reason I don't watch "Today Tonight", "A current affair" or the "Bolt report" because it's presented/written by people I don't respect, and put forward with a particular agenda.

Point taken mate - but all angles aside I dont see how anyone could misconstrue or misintepret Sheedys comments.

Anything Craig Foster writes about Australian Football comes from a position of hate.

If people don't respect him or read his articles, it's a rod he has created for his own back.

Where have I said otherwise? Your assessment is based on facts, just like my post which you refuse to ackowledge - that Sheedy is a bigot and that is a mentality prevelant in some sections of our media and society.

I do not go randomly into AFL threads talking about football. I came to this one because it is a GWS thread where after the match the coach makes a bigoted remark about football and Western Sydney. Where else do I put it.

But I am told to go elsewhere? Tolerance?

We can talk about GWS - that they have wasted taxpayers money on Blacktown, and turned it into a white elephant. Now what is it $45 million more on Homebush and its empty. The money does not match the interest.

meanwhile there are not enough football (soccer) fields in Sydney for children, while AFL fields are empty. Parramatta Stadium has two occupants, and sold out 3 times this year by the Wanderers and cannot get funding for a new stadium.

Football is soaring and with a fraction of the money and media coverage of the AFL and NRL. More people turn up to watch football matches per dollar spent on advertising/media coverage then any other major code in this country. Imagine for a second if it had the money of AFL and NRL!

Enough is enough and is time to put an end to your one man troll feast
So enjoy your day off!

Could it be becasue of the constant attacks on Football by AFL and NRL aligned media? Or the fact people were taunted growing up for playing the game? Or because our national team the Socceroos were booed when they came back from a tour of Vietnam, being called "sheilas". Or because the media constantly berate the game and attack it?

On another note Sherb, I do thank you for replying in a civilised manner, and not being insulting. I thank you for that. Respect
You would have to ask Craig Foster why he has such a chip on his shoulder. I could only offer theories.

I repeat, he does the cause of soccer in this country no good whatsoever with his attitude towards our own national game.

Dinosaurs like him need to be deprived of air time. You don't win converts to your game by attacking other codes. Irrespective of the perceived wrongs of the past.

I thought this thread was for a post mortem on the weekend's game not some pissing contest about soccer and Giants vs Wanderes w#%#%fest that can have it's own thread. F#%k knows there are enough of them out there.

I wanted to talk about Cameron v Talia. Jezza kicked 3 on him and was pretty effective further up the ground against him. Terrible delivery into the 50 meant he made the most of his limited opportunities and if he didn't outright win his position over last year's award winner, then he certainly broke even.

I thought this thread was for a post mortem on the weekend's game not some pissing contest about soccer and Giants vs Wanderes w#%#%fest that can have it's own thread. F#%k knows there are enough of them out there.

I wanted to talk about Cameron v Talia. Jezza kicked 3 on him and was pretty effective further up the ground against him. Terrible delivery into the 50 meant he made the most of his limited opportunities and if he didn't outright win his position over last year's award winner, then he certainly broke even.

I really enjoyed watching Jezza play on Sunday. Was probably the only good part of the game for us Giants supporters. Nice to see him get some form back. Could have made it 4 or 5, but there was at least one instance when he was blatantly and illegally pushed away (with hands) right in the goal square just as he was about to mark it.

... naturally the umps missed that one.

Definitely thought forward delivery limited what we saw of the contest. Jezza definitely got one over him on each of the three goals, very smart with his positioning and movement while the ball is coming in.

Oh dear, were talking soccer again.

For the soccer fans who are so incensed by Sheedy's comments - get over it. Of course immigrants often come as ready made soccer fans - it's a fact of soccer being the world game.

As much as I enjoy watching a soccer game, I've always found it hilarious on how the players act as if they've been hit by a semi-trailer when they get a tiny clip on the heels. Likewise, it seems some of the soccer fans are now lying on the ground, grabbing their knee and bawling like little girls over this comment.

As much as I enjoy watching a soccer game, I've always found it hilarious on how the players act as if they've been hit by a semi-trailer when they get a tiny clip on the heels. Likewise, it seems some of the soccer fans are now lying on the ground, grabbing their knee and bawling like little girls over this comment.

Haha they're imitating their idols. Making something out of nothing.

Lets make this clear this is the giants board not 'gee the wanders are so much better then the giants, or lets get a lynching party after sheedy'.

So if any posters think that now is the time to have crack at the giants so they can push there soccer agenda they will most likely be looking at cards. But if you want to post pro soccer anti-afl/giants then there plenty other places to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back