Autopsy Round 7 vs Collingwood @ MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, they seem to play a zone off defence. I suppose you gotta sacrifice something when the game changes to more attacking. But the likes of Moore and Howe shouldn't be taken lightly.
I'm not sure how we'll line up with Kreuger going down. They arent bringing back Cox. So might be henry. Prob the best like for like available.

Just trying to think who you might want to put on Ginni. Budarick? He is a pest and I love him, but you guys will hate him hahaha. They wont change the team too much I wouldn't think. So you can know what you can get, just a forward change.

Should be a good game.
I thought ginnivan was more a marking medium forward. 184cm

Buderick is about 10cm shorter so don’t think so. Don’t think there is an obvious match up for buddas with your below forwards.

I’d probably go with the following.

Ginnivan - lemmens
Henry - powell
Whe - farrar
Mihocek - collins
Cameron - ballard
Mcreery - markov

If anything I’d play Buderick on mcreery who seems to get more opportunistic goals in open play rather than outmarkibg opponents. Also seems less likely to kick 3-4 goals.

I'd play rankine wing this week. Wide spaces of the mcg and get the ball into his hands so he can work some magic going into 50.
Chol casboult rosas
Luko corbett ainsworth, as a forward line with fiorini to come off the bench to rotate with wings and forwards.

Kreuger and Grundy… you’d have to say Cox will have to come in and Cameron as ruck. Collins and Witt’s should have a day out on Sunday

Should...

We never seem to capitalise on these advantages like the good teams.

Jen what is Taylor Adams upto? 18 touches and only 4 contested, is he playing a new role?

Should...

We never seem to capitalise on these advantages like the good teams.
Yeah that’s true…
But at least Collingwood have been an average clearance team this year and you’d expect that would make them a lot worse. Whereas, we’re the 5th best so far this year.

Jen what is Taylor Adams upto? 18 touches and only 4 contested, is he playing a new role?
They seem to be rotating some mids like Adams and Lippa up forward. He did have an unusual game for sure.
67% TOG

Had covid recently, so unless its more about easing him back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the VIC army is ready to come out in force and make some noise! If you are wanting to sit with other SUNS fans and are yet to redeem your tickets make sure you redeem your tickets in M3 as that's where everyone will be. Let's fill the bay, make some noise and get behind the boys!

How is Hollands progressing in the VFL? Looking at stats he seems to be going okay without starring - any chance of a debut or more likely to be later in the year?

I just booked my tickets. Flying down to Melbourne this weekend. Fingers crossed it's a good game! Does anyone know where we should go for a meal/drink before the game? We're staying at a hotel very close to the MCG.

Last edited:
How is Hollands progressing in the VFL? Looking at stats he seems to be going okay without starring - any chance of a debut or more likely to be later in the year?
The club want him to build some core strength before he is up for debut. He is playing pretty well as a mid/forward hybrid. His tank is definitely good enough to play now but the club is weary of throwing him to the wolves.

The club want him to build some core strength before he is up for debut. He is playing pretty well as a mid/forward hybrid. His tank is definitely good enough to play now but the club is weary of throwing him to the wolves.
Collingwood on the wide open expanses of the MCG isn't the worst place to debut.

I think we'd be pretty happy with how he is going given the time he spent in rehab.
And the fact that he is virtually a first year player
22 touches, 5 marks, 3 tackles + 3 goals in 4 games - not bad.

I think he looks pretty dynamic around the ball - certainly needs a bit more time playing and gelling with the team to really fit into the system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back