Review Round 8, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

BT spends too much time discussing which over-privileged private school a player attended for me to rate him anywhere near a list of favourite commentators.
At least we've stopped hearing about the Calder Cannons footy factory.

Who's less intelligent; Der-wayne or Der-mie?
Without doubt I'm giving the nod to Dermie.

Derwayne basically puts on an act to appeal to what he perceives as his audience. That doesn't exclude him from being dumb ,just that what you get is actually an act.

Dermie isn't smart enough to be something he's not and in reality he's as dumb as he appears.

Obviously the marketing people either have a belief or it's in their interests to carry on with all this hoo ha.

I don't know a single person who doesn't hate it.
Omg yes, it's like they really, really like the sounds of their own voice. I know they are trying to gee the crowd up, but .... painfull

Omg yes, it's like they really, really like the sounds of their own voice. I know they are trying to gee the crowd up, but .... painfull

I work from one simple premise:-

At least 90% of the crowd that go to Lions games at the Gabba are rusted on supporters, either of the Lions or their Opponents.

All this hype, screaming and motivational bullshit only serves to annoy the crap out of those people.

How it affects the remaining 10% is up for debate I suppose but if the spectacle of the game doesn't impress them , it's hard to imagine that they will come back for more because of the peripheral fluff and noise

At least 90% of the crowd that go to Lions games at the Gabba are rusted on supporters, either of the Lions or their Opponents.

All this hype, screaming and motivational bullshit only serves to annoy the crap out of those people.

How it affects the remaining 10% is up for debate I suppose but if the spectacle of the game doesn't impress them , it's hard to imagine that they will come back for more because of the peripheral fluff and noise
my kids love it unfortunately when we go to games.

Ok, so it bugged me that while I can now easily find the stats online for centre bounce attendance in games, I can't seem to do the same for players starting on the wings. So I went and manually checked the footage myself and recorded the stats for the Eagles game. I may go do it for the other games this season if I get bored enough.

Wing Attendance
Round 8​
West Coast​
Gabba​
Names
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Total
Percentage
Ah Chee
3​
2​
4​
4​
13​
27.08%​
J.Berry
3​
1​
4​
8​
16​
33.33%​
McCluggage
1​
1​
2.08%​
Prior
3​
3​
6​
5​
17​
35.42%​
McCarthy
1​
1​
2.08%​

What I found interesting this week was despite McCluggage spending less time attending centre bounces this week to give more time to Zorko and Bailey, he didn't move back to the wing but instead played more as a mid-forward.

Ok, so it bugged me that while I can now easily find the stats online for centre bounce attendance in games, I can't seem to do the same for players starting on the wings. So I went and manually checked the footage myself and recorded the stats for the Eagles game. I may go do it for the other games this season if I get bored enough.

Wing Attendance
Round 8​
West Coast​
Gabba​
Names
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Total
Percentage
Ah Chee
3​
2​
4​
4​
13​
27.08%​
J.Berry
3​
1​
4​
8​
16​
33.33%​
McCluggage
1​
1​
2.08%​
Prior
3​
3​
6​
5​
17​
35.42%​
McCarthy
1​
1​
2.08%​

What I found interesting this week was despite McCluggage spending less time attending centre bounces this week to give more time to Zorko and Bailey, he didn't move back to the wing but instead played more as a mid-forward.
And kicked 4 goals.

Wing Attendance
Round 8​
West Coast​
Gabba​
Names
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Total
Percentage
Ah Chee
3​
2​
4​
4​
13​
27.08%​
J.Berry
3​
1​
4​
8​
16​
33.33%​
McCluggage
1​
1​
2.08%​
Prior
3​
3​
6​
5​
17​
35.42%​
McCarthy
1​
1​
2.08%​

2022 All Australian Winger - Hugh McCluggage.

It wasn't that long ago that we got crowds of 10k, and it often seemed there were larger number of opposition supported than lions fans.

The people attending those games are the rusted on supporters who went for the club, the players and the game.

The extra 15-20k we get now are there for the feel good, yay be we are winners atmosphere. My guess is that the yelling adds to the atmosphere these fans like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back