Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play all of Moore, Ginni, Wiz, Dimma and Breust, that's enough quality at ground level to give us a chance to score.
Ramsden and Gunner will have their work cut out.
Fascinated re the Dear call.
I think Dear plays a fairly physical game, right?

I wonder how the club would feel telling him to go in and crash and bash the Doggies and go for some big marks.
I'd like to see Dear come in, but I don't want to see him come in just because we need another tall. Give him a role or let him continue to flourish at VFL.

Im all for calling out the s**t treatment we have been getting but there was nothing in that. He got the 50, thats all.

I don't think Grundy should get cited either but there has to be consistency.

They were both free kicks/50m penalties and that's it.

All the club is showing me is that we just bend over and take it at the moment.

People making these calls should also take into account how the members are feeling and what message they send to us.
I agree, within 24 hours our members have watched our club get bent over by the umpires in the first half, bent over by the Swans in the second half, then bent over by the MRO without so much of a yelp.
Piss weak at all levels.

It would be an astounding recovery if Watson gets up for this week. Breust and Watson as the ins for the forward line would be truly excellent. Then play Macguiness in a negative role on Jones and away we go.
At least there are some scoring options if we get the two small forwards back, there has been a dearth of such for quite a few weeks now.

We kick 5 metres short of where the forwards can compete.

We handball 5cm short of team-mates feet

This is why we always get beat

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We must be the worst handballing team in the league. So many missed targets by hand every week

For the people suggesting Dear have you actually seen him play at BH?

He is nowhere near ready to play seniors.... I mean Ramsden is further developed and he aint even ready lol

I've not seen much of Box Hill, a few quarters here and there.

Either way - am I wrong in thinking that Calsher's stats are way more impressive than what Ramsden has been putting up over the last year or so? Both offensively and defensively, he is putting up great numbers.

To my eye - if Ramsden can justify selection, then Calsher can also.

Know we’re on a slow journey as a team atm but can’t remember being so deflated going into a game as a fan for a while.

Just feels so bereft of excitement or something and my hope of a win is genuinely rock bottom atm. s**t timeslot game again and you know the fans will bail the minute we start getting belted.

Want to be wrong so bad but just reckon we’re in for another belting.

I think Dear plays a fairly physical game, right?

I wonder how the club would feel telling him to go in and crash and bash the Doggies and go for some big marks.
I'd like to see Dear come in, but I don't want to see him come in just because we need another tall. Give him a role or let him continue to flourish at VFL.
well, the role would be the actual CHF...

It would be an astounding recovery if Watson gets up for this week. Breust and Watson as the ins for the forward line would be truly excellent. Then play Macguiness in a negative role on Jones and away we go.
At least there are some scoring options if we get the two small forwards back, there has been a dearth of such for quite a few weeks now.
Why? They've both missed 4 games.

I've not seen much of Box Hill, a few quarters here and there.

Either way - am I wrong in thinking that Calsher's stats are way more impressive than what Ramsden has been putting up over the last year or so? Both offensively and defensively, he is putting up great numbers.

To my eye - if Ramsden can justify selection, then Calsher can also.

I think he looks better then Ramsden as a prospect but his nowhere near Ramsden's physical size and Ramma isnt even that big

If Dear comes in his probably going to get Liam Jones, he will get destroyed (not his fault)

We have to be careful given we don't want to destroy the mans confidence or his body

I think he looks better then Ramsden as a prospect but his nowhere near Ramsden's physical size and Ramma isnt even that big

If Dear comes in his probably going to get Liam Jones, he will get destroyed (not his fault)

We have to be careful given we don't want to destroy the mans confidence or his body
Took care of Joel Hamling fairly well

Not worried if he has to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ramsden hasn't shown anything at AFL level, he's nowhere near ready.

I saw Dear against Ladhams on Sunday. Man Vs Boy.

Libba would be licking his lips at running through him after a ball up.

Neither of them are anywhere near ready at this level.

At least Phillips is a grown adult. If back, then Frosty or Sicily can go forward with Weddle or he can go up front himself.

Wingard isn't fit enough yet and Dear and Ramsden aren't at that level yet.
You say that, but Sammy has literally picked Ramsden in the AFL team last year and this year. So he thinks differently which obviously means something.

I agree that he's not shown much though.

I believe Sammy will show similar faith in Calsher as he has with Ramsden and pick Calsher sooner rather than later.

Edit: I'm sure leading up to Day's debut people would have been saying he wasn't physically ready also. I don't think it's as big a deal as it's made out to be on this forum.

Last edited:
Come on now, you’re a rational guy.

It’s not hard to understand that these decisions aren’t made lightly or without all the facts.
I know. It just feels like we just roll over at the moment given all the turmoil of the past few years.

We must be the worst handballing team in the league. So many missed targets by hand every week
Having the ability to fire off a quick handball out of congestion (even a couple of handballs) to a runner on the outside is something all good teams do.

Its a great "get out of jail free" card to use when players are under pressure.

I struggle to remember the last time our midfield in particular strung together a chain of handballs in this manner.

For me this year our lack of a handballing game is the obvious difference between us and the rest of the comp.

We don't have the ability to use handballs to clear a contest so we have to rely on pure brute force from Worps and Newk (which isnt sustainable).

Having the ability to fire off a quick handball out of congestion (even a couple of handballs) to a runner on the outside is something all good teams do.

Its a great "get out of jail free" card to use when players are under pressure.

I struggle to remember the last time our midfield in particular strung together a chain of handballs in this manner.

For me this year our lack of a handballing game is the obvious difference between us and the rest of the comp.

We don't have the ability to use handballs to clear a contest so we have to rely on pure brute force from Worps and Newk (which isnt sustainable).
Couldnt agree more... wish we would try and use the handball more rebounding from half back with Amon, Mas, and these ball users getting the ball on the run and delivering up to the half fwd area.

It seems like we have deliberately gone away from it.

In terms of execution, i'm pretty sure i heard Mitchell say we put more focus on gameplay than skills this pre season. It's certainly shown in basic skill execution.

I believe challenging at the tribunal can somehow cost something in the soft cap can’t it? Feel that would be the reason
I reckon it’s the clubs way of telling Chol that he was going to get dropped anyway. Really poor game and despite it being a crap decision, it was a really dumb ass reaction which cost Hardwick and the side a goal at a really critical moment

Needs to pull his head in so perhaps this may be the wake up call he needs, time will tell

I reckon it’s the clubs way of telling Chol that he was going to get dropped anyway. Really poor game and despite it being a crap decision, it was a really dumb ass reaction which cost Hardwick and the side a goal at a really critical moment

Needs to pull his head in so perhaps this may be the wake up call he needs, time will tell
I swear to god half of you people watch the games with your eyes shut. Chol’s form this year has been better than Lewis (when fit).

I swear to god half of you people watch the games with your eyes shut. Chol’s form this year has been better than Lewis (when fit).
lol I swear that you must be watching Chol play with rose coloured glasses. For the record Lewis has been nowhere near fit this year so saying Chols form has been better is laughable. Chol isn’t fit to carry Lewis’s boot laces

Nice conspiracy theory.

Know we’re on a slow journey as a team atm but can’t remember being so deflated going into a game as a fan for a while.

Just feels so bereft of excitement or something and my hope of a win is genuinely rock bottom atm. s**t timeslot game again and you know the fans will bail the minute we start getting belted.

Want to be wrong so bad but just reckon we’re in for another belting.

Second half of 2020.

The difference then was that I had completely checked out due to our list management decisions and essentially welcomed the poor form to validate my feelings.

At least this time I understand the plan. Just wish it was moving at a faster pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back