Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy gut punched Meek right in front of the umpire like a fool and didn't even get cited.
Can’t get cited for striking if it’s in play.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Pretty gutless of our club not to challenge the suspension.

Don't really have anything to lose.
Don’t really have anything to gain either if they don’t see an avenue to get it downgraded.

We have remind ourselves that the people making these calls have a lot more riding on it than their Bigfooty accounts.

Any truth to the rumour Sammy gave a massive spray to the players after Sunday?
Have heard the same and I cannot say I blame him and believe it’s a good thing.

Need to have respect when you play for the jumper, clearly dumb decisions like Scrimshaws would be a talking point, red time going for the glory kick. But four quarter efforts are required but also trusting your teammates. Good teams let one or two go for the ball and the rest hold width, much easier to do a lot of things in that position. If you win the ball your spread is much better, getting the ball in space and dangerous positions which makes quick ball movement deadly, the Swans do it a lot. But the strength of Hawthorn is contest wise with Day, Newcombe, Worpel etc so they should aim to own the inside but still need outside representation. The key is trusting your teammate to win the ball.

Don’t really have anything to gain either if they don’t see an avenue to get it downgraded.

We have remind ourselves that the people making these calls have a lot more riding on it than their Bigfooty accounts.

Ramsden hasn't shown anything at AFL level, he's nowhere near ready.

I saw Dear against Ladhams on Sunday. Man Vs Boy.

Libba would be licking his lips at running through him after a ball up.

Neither of them are anywhere near ready at this level.

At least Phillips is a grown adult. If back, then Frosty or Sicily can go forward with Weddle or he can go up front himself.

Wingard isn't fit enough yet and Dear and Ramsden aren't at that level yet.
Ramsden has shown an ability to provide a contest and especially second ruck wise, just give him some game time.

Dear didn’t play on Ladhams since Ladhams was rucking for most of the game, not sure where you saw that contest? Francis played on Dear and Dear was electric in the second half especially. Six shots on goal.

Libba isn’t going to be running through Dear that’s laughable, he’s a contest bull who lets his footy do the talking. The talk around Dear is funny, he isn’t built like a boy he’s built like a man. It’s like people don’t even watch him.

Suggesting Frost forward is a no, has been reliable down back, no point, Phillips is in addition to that for structure purposes plus how tall the dogs line up. Frees up Scrimshaw to third tall, Sicily to spare.

Weddle forward a chance but I’d rather him rotating back/wing.

Wingard more time required at VFL to condition.

All good mate, remember the club told us to be prepared for a slow start to the season.

On a serious note though, at least we may get a glimpse of the future with Deer and Ramsden this week.
Im still waiting for our season to start. Slow is one thing, but we are stuck at the starting block.

we would've lost the challenge if we took it to the tribunal bc you can't just argue "well that vision looks like it deserves a fine not a week" – they have specific gradings and criteria you have to downgrade, and there was basically no way out of the Chol suspension unless we somehow convinced the MRO it was a push and not a strike (which according to Ralph's tweet is basically impossible bc it was forceful and outside the play).

these kinds of things are almost always occam's razor. the obvious reason why we aren't challenging isn't cos we're tanking or making deliberately bad choices or some grand conspiracy to hide Chol from criticism (legit facebook comments lmao) or injury... it's because we strongly believe we will not win at the tribunal and it is therefore a waste of time and resources. otherwise we would obviously challenge.

it's fair to disagree and think we should give the 1% a shot anyway but pretending not to understand the rationale is disingenuous imo.
We should go with the line that it wasn't intentional to hit the head, but slipped up as Gulden fell (dived).

All the club is showing me is that we just bend over and take it at the moment.

People making these calls should also take into account how the members are feeling and what message they send to us.

Won't happen (our selection has been really baffling) but I'd be rather disappointed if we play both Gunston and Breust in the same forward line.

We aren't likely to be taking any marks with our options going in this week, we better be able to chase and crumb.

We cannot afford to go in with a slow forward line.

Time to get some spark and hope into the forward line.

I watched Dear play on the weekend, and while young, he is not built like a teenager.

He was incredibly exciting on Sunday and I think he plays. 6 shots on goal in a half against a strong Sydney defence is good craic.

If Watson, Breust and Wingard are fit, they all play as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the vision isn't great, the umpire's evidence probably did him in. Not going to beat that at the tribunal

Won't happen (our selection has been really baffling) but I'd be rather disappointed if we play both Gunston and Breust in the same forward line.

We aren't likely to be taking any marks with our options going in this week, we better be able to chase and crumb.

We cannot afford to go in with a slow forward line.
I have that as my team but I also believe we need someone as sub with pace to balance that out. Plus we have enough crumbing and pressure options if Watson is also back, Dear provides good pressure as a key forward also.

All the club is showing me is that we just bend over and take it at the moment.

People making these calls should also take into account how the members are feeling and what message they send to us.
Come on now, you’re a rational guy.

It’s not hard to understand that these decisions aren’t made lightly or without all the facts.

Scrimshaw has taken Sicily role in the backline and is really struggling this year.

With Chol and Lewis out maybe we could throw Sicily forward and partner him with Dear.

Serong takes Sicily role in the backline and this gets games into the two kids.

For our rebuild.

Not much luck has gone our way this season but playing Sunday might get the wiz and Breust enough time to get over the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back