Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had Batemans journey and guernsey highlighted and celebrated (in an fantastic way, kudos to the organisers), and have the poignant upcoming debut of an exciting young player with royal hawks blood running through his veins.

There is absolutely no excuse for a slow start this weekend. If the lads don't come out roaring I don't know what it will take.

I was one of the ones advocating for more time at Box Hill for Calsher, but now that he's in, I'll be cheering as loud as anyone!

i really wonder why Easy isn't getting a game especially with Serong out. Do they just not rate his VFL work yet? Maybe it's just a match up thing? Dogs give up heaps of ground to oppo defenders so it's possible we want to take advantage of that and generate as much pace off the ball from the back half. Would love to hear the reasoning behind it as it's hard to know why he's been left out for so long, especially against a tall fwd line like WB's

i really wonder why Easy isn't getting a game especially with Serong out. Do they just not rate his VFL work yet? Maybe it's just a match up thing? Dogs give up heaps of ground to oppo defenders so it's possible we want to take advantage of that and generate as much pace off the ball from the back half. Would love to hear the reasoning behind it as it's hard to know why he's been left out for so long, especially against a tall fwd line like WB's
He may still play. They’ve done a very early release of the Dear news.

Could well do the Phillips debut drop in the next couple of hours.

He may still play. They’ve done a very early release of the Dear news.

Could well do the Phillips debut drop in the next couple of hours.
For our team's sake hopefully Phillips plays, we need him out there against the Dogs.

For my sake, hopefully he's not named as my reputation will get smashed :)

Did anyone else get the hint Jack might be around longer than playing career?
I'd say from the last thing he says in the video that he will be mulling retirement which could lead to an assistant coaching gig with the club in some capacity (BH?) once he hangs up the boots. Said something like that he hopes to follow Calsher's progress wether it being on / off the field and if he was still at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Hardwick play forward or back? Noticed he was moved back last quarter of last week.

Not sure, but I hope that into the future, he plays majority of games in defence.

He's one of the leagues best small defenders and it's hard for ANYONE to assert influence over our games up forward currently.

Swing him up forward at times, but he blankets anyone he plays on and is as reliable as it gets.

What I hope happens:

INS: Dear, Phillips, Watson
OUT: Macdonald (omitted), Ramsden (omitted), Mitchell (injured????), Chol (suspension)

B: Impey, Frost, Hardwick
HB: Weddle, Sicily, Scrimshaw
C: Mackenzie, Newcombe, Amon
HF: Moore, Gunston, Ginnivan
F: Maginness, Dear, Watson

FOL: Meek, Nash, Day

IC: Morrison, Phillips, Worpel; D'Ambrosio (sub)

What I hope happens:

INS: Dear, Phillips, Watson
OUT: Macdonald (omitted), Ramsden (omitted), Mitchell (injured????), Chol (suspension)

B: Impey, Frost, Hardwick
HB: Weddle, Sicily, Scrimshaw
C: Mackenzie, Newcombe, Amon
HF: Moore, Gunston, Ginnivan
F: Maginness, Dear, Watson

FOL: Meek, Nash, Day

IC: Morrison, Phillips, Worpel; D'Ambrosio (sub)
Doubt they take Rama out. He'd be there to play as the 2nd ruck. Can't see them playing Calsher in that role.
I hope for the same ins, just not sure on the outs.

Fantastic news in regards to calsher debut. Well done young man, well deserved. Great to hear jack saying he's there for him anytime even if he's around the club or not!

Mitchell - Frost - Hardwick
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Worpel - Mackenzie
Amon - Newcombe - Day

Moore - Ramsden - Weddle
Watson - Dear - Ginnivan

Bench:
Gunston - Nash - Impey - D'Ambrosio

Sub:
Morrison

Would prefer Gunston be dropped for Maginess, but I can't see that happening if Ramsden and Dear, or Dear alone, are our talls.

In : Nick Watson, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Josh Ward, Calsher Dear
Out: Mabior Chol (suspension), Jai Serong (omitted), Max Ramsden (omitted), Seamus Mitchell (managed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back