Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steele, King, Wood, Clark, Henry and Hayes (some rumours on Twitter he got injured on Tuesday) all taking part in main training. Butler running laps.

Marshall initially ran out with the no contact hat but has gone back inside, giving a big thumbs up as he did so I’m sure we can read into that.
How do they look? As someone who can’t make trainings the update is seriously appreciated :)

Steele, King, Wood, Clark, Henry and Hayes (some rumours on Twitter he got injured on Tuesday) all taking part in main training. Butler running laps.

Marshall initially ran out with the no contact hat but has gone back inside, giving a big thumbs up as he did so I’m sure we can read into that.
Will be interested if Webster comes straight back in. Tbh, we probably don’t need to fire them up, who knows what we’ll put up this week 🫣😂

Will be interested if Webster comes straight back in. Tbh, we probably don’t need to fire them up, who knows what we’ll put up this week 🫣😂
Yeah selection this week will be rather intriguing on a number of points. King and Wood hopefully come in, and then there are quite few others who could get a call up. Hayes, Jones, Webster, Collard, possibly Campbell. Feel like maybe I'm missing someone but can't really see more than three changes depending on Marshall's fitness.

Probably, but Saturday late Arvo games are getting a boost lately. It’s a good time to go in and then hang out in town after the game. I think Sat Arvo late games are a winner, just as Sunday twilight games are a dud.

Eddie McQuire and his TV mates don’t like em and wanna kill Sat Arvo altogether, along with North Melbourne (thanks Eddie again, for incentivising North this week) but Sat Arvo is a winner. (Eddie and mates only care about traditional TV and so Sunday Arvo footy, no matter how dire, offers a few viewers and TV adevertising as the audience laments the coming work week in then shrinking daylight hours of wet cool and dark May Sundays.

Unfortunately, it’s us and North. We’ve had the Bulldogs at the nadir of their season, and now we get North. Still Sat Arvo is a good time to head into town. And the Sunday evening blues are not a factor. I am surprised they didn’t fixture it for Sunday. And then it truly would have been a VFA reserves atmosphere , in the late 80s.
Yeah I found that interesting that Eddie stirred the pot again regarding the number of teams in the competition but here’s the thing…

Be confident in the knowledge that Eddie was reminded after his comments that the AFL is now solely a gambling product and makes the AFL and its “PARTNERS” more filthy richer than the Vatican and that a reduction in teams is a reduction in gambling revenue.

As sad as it sounds…teams like ours and North are more valuable to the AFL than ever before and it doesn’t matter to them if we never become successful on the field as we create success financially to those at the end of rivers of gambling gold.

What do think the Tasmanian team will be with its roofed stadium…solely a gambling product…that’s what the roof is for…TV product = gambling product = crowds don’t matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me training notes from this morning, but nippy compared to Perth:

• RTB strolled out in the Burks, but wasn’t long until into business with the NBs.
  • Forwards out good 20 minutes early, Allison, Hayes and Lance in there, fair chunk spent on goal kicking in straight lines then another chunk at end of training. Mitchito slotted every one I saw.
  • Marshall came out heavily strapped, went back into the rooms after a few mins. No real intent to train from what I can gather, but not uncommon to take it lightly with big Ro.
  • RTB very interactive, teased a few fans asking who they’d like to come in, he mentioned Wood.
  • King, Wood, Clark, Henry etc all moving around quite well, Henry not far off at all, but looks like King and Wood a shoe in to play this weekend.
  • Enright pulled the full group together, seemed to have a heavy focus on transitions out of D50. Handed over to RTB at stages who was vocal.
  • Arie reluctant to pull the trigger, went LDL. He’s definitely not going to struggle with the physical side of things with AFL footy, seems like it’ll be the mental aspects.
  • Mattaes has a surprisingly big frame for a kid, think he’ll really fill out in years to come.
  • Lancey boi caught Windy cold going I50 who elected for an unsuccessful don’t argue. Windy proceeded to do some laps while RTB pulled them together.
  • Moose has some real work to do with goal kicking.
  • Butler doing some laps in rehab.
  • Overall, training much more planned out and structured than Rat and Cho eras. My first time at a RTB run session and really was taken back. Difference is very noticeable.

Last edited:
Me training notes from this morning, but nippy compared to Perth:

• RTB strolled out in the Burks, but wasn’t long until into business with the NBs.
  • Forwards out good 20 minutes early, Allison, Hayes and Lance in there, fair chunk spent on goal kicking in straight lines than another chunk at end of training. Mitchito slotted every one I saw.
  • Marshall came out heavily strapped, went back into the rooms after a few mins. No real intent to train from what I can gather, but not uncommon to take it lightly with big Ro.
  • RTB very interactive, teased a few fans asking who they’d like to come in, he mentioned Wood.
  • King, Wood, Clark, Henry etc all moving around quite well, Henry not far off at all, but looks like King and Wood a shoe in to play this weekend.
  • Enright pulled the full group together, seemed to have a heavy focus on transitions out of D50. Handed over to RTB at stages who was vocal.
  • Arie reluctant to pull the trigger, went LDL. He’s definitely not going to struggle with the physical side of things with AFL footy, seems like it’ll be the mental aspects.
  • Mattaes has a surprisingly big frame for a kid, think he’ll really fill out in years to come.
  • Lancey boi caught Windy cold going I50 who elected for an unsuccessful don’t argue. Windy proceeded to do some laps while RTB pulled them together.
  • Moose has some real work to do with goal kicking.
  • Butler doing some laps in rehab.
  • Overall, training much more planned out and structured than Rat and Cho eras. My first time at a RTB run session and really was taken back. Difference is very noticeable.
Love your work mate!
How did Jack Steele look today?

How do they look? As someone who can’t make trainings the update is seriously appreciated :)
Steele - not the best he's ever looked but moved better as the session went on. Was very vocal in the drills, giving Phillipou constant feedback. Whatever is bothering him won't stop him from playing.

King - looks completely recovered. His lateral movement and overall agility was good. In the goal kicking session to start training, seemed to be working a lot on his walk in and getting his distance he was walking right.

Wood - looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

Clark - his inability to put on upper body size is a medical mystery but he looks slimmer than when he was last on the track. His foot skills are still great. Logic says it won't happen but there is just something about him that still makes me hopeful it will happen.

Henry - still 1-2 weeks away but looked promising. They managed him a bit at the end of the session.

Hayes - didn't stand out much but hopeful he will return given he was in the 'A' group.

Others without injury concerns;

Owens was the standout for me today - his goal kicking was much improved and looking ready for a big game. Garcia got some praise from the Boss for multiple defensive efforts. Seemed to be lining up as a forward so maybe a positional move to help cover the loss of Higgins and Butler. Hill looks as lively as ever. if Jones played at AFL level the way he trained, he'd be a gun. Brynes on the 'A' team as a wing so should keep his spot. Moose looked a long way off it today. Allison has improved but it's a bit of too little too late for him. Sharman had presence in the small match sim which he hasn't had for most of the season. Hopefully he can get some continuity in 1 position at whichever level he plays.

From training today,

• Usual skills and warm ups. I thought there was a specific focus on drills focuses on defensive efforts and competitiveness.
  • Ross was more involved then I've seen him previously as discussed above re Windhager.
  • Think his patience is running a bit thin.
  • Regarding specific players
  • Clark Dow Id say a week ahead of Henry
  • Standouts at training
  • Thought Fruity Allison was impressive, keeler too.
Max looks good to go as does Wood confirmed by RTB
The senior group did a little bit of extra match sim after the main match sim.

My Guess for this week

Wilkie Howard Cordy
Nas Battle Bonner
Hill Steele Wood
Wilson Membrey Pou
Garcia King Owens

Marshall Windy Stocker
Hayes Garcia Byrnes Sharman Ross (Sub)

Extended
Cama Jones Keeler

Really concerned about our speed and going in to tall.
I think Hayes is almost a lock.

-

From training today,

• Usual skills and warm ups. I thought there was a specific focus on drills focuses on defensive efforts and competitiveness.
  • Ross was more involved then I've seen him previously as discussed above re Windhager.
  • Think his patience is running a bit thin.
  • Regarding specific players
  • Clark Dow Id say a week ahead of Henry
  • Standouts at training
  • Thought Fruity Allison was impressive, keeler too.
Max looks good to go as does Wood confirmed by RTB
The senior group did a little bit of extra match sim after the main match sim.

My Guess for this week

Wilkie Howard Cordy
Nas Battle Bonner
Hill Steele Wood
Wilson Membrey Pou
Garcia King Owens

Marshall Windy Stocker
Hayes Garcia Byrnes Sharman Ross (Sub)

Extended
Cama Jones Keeler

Really concerned about our speed and going in to tall.
I think Hayes is almost a lock.

-
Thanks for writeup. You have 2 Garcia's there.
Missing Sinclair so I assume its him?

Whoa!

North match up on us reeeeeeal well and will have been setting themselves for us as they would see us as gettable.

Maybe this could be one of those rare weekends a holiday is advisable if you think we already have the points.
Why wouldn't the Saints believe they match up well, and be setting themselves up for a win - seeing NM as gettable? :oops:

Why always the negative? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back