Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking of midfields, isn’t it nice to see Jade Gresham playing so well at Essendon??
NOT

At some emotional level, I think is fans were done with Gresh. Can’t put ma finger on it, don’t wanna, cos it could be the Errol Flynn Moustache. Which adds a bit of distance ..looks princely.

But with our midfield in such a state of disrepair and, well, ya know, nuff said and all, …it does hurt a wee lil bit to see Gresh doing it for Brad.
I've watched a bit of Essendon. Gresh is fit and getting a lot of the ball, and he's even kicked a few nice goals, but his turnovers are comical. I'm not missing him one bit.

What is the point of suspension? To stop players DELIBERATELY doing the wrong thing. What about obvious accidents?

That's where you are completely wrong.

The point of suspensions is to give the league something to point at in their defence when they are being sued for failure of duty of care.

Yes. Football is 'more than a game'.

It's a disgusting, profit driven corporate enterprise.
Yay.

Champion Data's formula that they use to come up with these lists are highly questionable.

He looks a lot better when I've watched them. His front half pressure game looks so much better and his score involvements are much better.

It was always going to happen. He was very good early on in his career and injury and looking lost in Lyon's system made it easier to let him go but hoping that he'd be shot was going to disappoint a few. He wasn't what Lyon wanted and if Collard comes on perhaps it wasn't such a bad move.

I guess Henry is the player that took his spot and as long as he meets or exceeds what we gave up it was worth it.

It looks like we wanted to clear the decks to make cap space as well so if it attracts a better player it is a bonus.

He looks a lot better when I've watched them. His front half pressure game looks so much better and his score involvements are much better.

It was always going to happen. He was very good early on in his career and injury and looking lost in Lyon's system made it easier to let him go but hoping that he'd be shot was going to disappoint a few. He wasn't what Lyon wanted and if Collard comes on perhaps it wasn't such a bad move.

I guess Henry is the player that took his spot and as long as he meets or exceeds what we gave up it was worth it.

It looks like we wanted to clear the decks to make cap space as well so if it attracts a better player it is a bonus.
The decks look a bit like the Edmund Fitzgerald at the moment- hopefully that big crane can hold
It altogether this week! Go Max!

These guys say Gresh is one of the comp’s most improved players and they have the stats too

What stats?
I posted his stats above, nowhere near his best year.
They say most improved but we all agree he had a shocker last year, his head was at Tullamarine already.
But it’s nowhere near his best for us.

They say he’s 33rd best player in the comp. No stats provided.
Also they say no Collingwood players inside the top 85 on same rating.
The 100X rating 🤷‍♂️
Would love to know how they work that out.

Also further along he mentions jades inside 50 delivery being rubbish 😂.

What stats?
They say most improved but we all agree he had a shocker last year, his head was at Tullamarine already.

The 100X rating 🤷‍♂️

For mids and forwards they use metrics that are heavily weighted towards scoreboard impact like score involvements, goals, goal assists etc..

They obviously favor teams that are performing strongly because of course a player will have more score involvement's in a high scoring team

It's hard not to feel a bit despondent after the Higgins verdict. We seem to be the perfect fodder for the tribunal to make statements this season. On top of our s**t draw to start the season at and our yearly injury crisis it just seems like we are set up to fail.

The only way to change anything is to start winning consistently. I see that Melbourne now have a bunch of massive MCG marquee games, star players etc. have we got a single marquee game?

The AFL quite frankly couldn't give a heck about us, now I get that it's an industry and all that but when you pay to go see us play you want the best players out there not sitting on the sidelines to make some bullshit statement that will inevitably get reversed next week when Dangerfield dumps someone or Petracca bumps someone in the head like King did.

It's just bloody depressing. Can we just get on a roll over the next few weeks and start hurting some teams, as an f u to the AFL if nothing else.

What stats?

The 100X rating 🤷‍♂️

Not the 33rd best player - the 33rd most improved.

Not having a go at Gresh or Harry McKay and whoever else they name but under that metric the No 1 most improved player in the league could be one that has gone from being truly shite to being just shite.

Meaningless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mids and forwards they use metrics that are heavily weighted towards scoreboard impact like score involvements, goals, goal assists etc..

They obviously favor teams that are performing strongly because of course a player will have more score involvement's in a high scoring team
Neither his Goals nor Assists are at a career high.

Score involvements per game this year
Liam Henry 7.5
Nick Daicos 7.4
Grienel Messi 7.3
Jade 6.1

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

Not having a go at Gresh or Harry McKay and whoever else they name but under that metric the No 1 most improved player in the league could be one that has gone from being truly shite to being just shite.

Meaningless
Ok I must have misheard I thought they said he was the 33rd best rated player in the league and no Collingwood player in the top 85.
Mind boggling.

I've just decided I'll watch the replay on this one as preferential to this round is may the 4th be with you and Star Wars marathon at theatres instead.

So, I'll be reliant on everyone cracking the sads for the play by the play on how we bench against our opponents and how North will probably monster our midfield.

Fraser Gehrig's stare is a more potent martial art than Akido.
If Fraser had a stare off with Chuck Norris, a black hole would form in the space between them.
“K’Gari” Gehrig thank you.

Meaningless

33rd best player I'm pretty sure.

That stat about Saints having a cumulative 12 weeks of suspension whilst the rest of the AFL combined has 17 is ridiculous.

Did anyone see Hamish Brayshaw's open letter to the AFL? Sums up the situation perfectly.
Didn't see it, where can I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back