Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Still some big issues going on.
King, Membrey & Owens poor & have been for a while now.
The Pou is on the nose & needs a rest.
Garcia & Hastie are good kids but did & will struggle to run out games.
Webster was good except for 3 clanger kicks.
Bonner & Stocker put your heart rate up with their kicking.
Hayes was important early.
Wilson is already a superstar.
Dow for Ross, just for a bit more pace.

If only our forwards all had craft like Haysey. He knows where and when to run at the ball and pulls them down out of reach of defenders.

His last third/quarter was much improved for that. Laid a bunch of solid tackles. But yeah, an awful game from him.

Problem for mine was his timing on the lead. Absoloutly terrible, meant his man was always up his backside, made him easy to defend.

Then he drops the head and doesn't chase or tackle, its not that he's not trying, I don't doubt he is but he needs to show it.

Anyway unlike some I wouldn't say it's panic stations, he will get it together again. He needs some continuity and support.

Seb Ross turned back the clock. Looked quicker and better.

Thought Hastie was unlucky to get subbed, showed a lot of hunger for contested possessions despite being probably the scrawniest bloke out there. Garcia in the forward line didn't really work, but I think that was because of his previous efforts and Higgins out. Collard might get a go if Garcia can't provide more tackling pressure as a forward.

Sinclair huge, Windy solid, Wilson looks a jet, Hill ageing like fine wine. Hayes could make an enormous difference to us if he can stay out there. Works his tail off.

If Higgins played today I reckon we win 50+.

King needs to lift his efforts a bit but he hasn't been as bad as some of the peanut gallery reckon.

Pou needs a spell for his own sake, would list him as managed. Think we all got ahead of ourselves on Garcia, looks like a player but needs to develop.

Webster great on return. Wood too. Can't wait to get Henry back in.

I thought Xerri was absolutely enormous for the Kangas, can see why we went after him and why they told us to get stuffed.

What I don't get with King is the whole game was 1v1 stationary, only leads seemed to be when forward movement stagnated and the forward line was already flooded.

Get the reiwoldt tapes out, get those feet moving.
He wasn't even trying to break the defender. That's what'd annoying

You do that and the holding looks more obvious to the ump

Hope that puts paid to people asking for Stocker to be dropped.
Our backline with him Webster and Howard look so much better with Wilks and Battle.

Think it is time for Pou to be given a spell, especially if Henry is fit, Dow for Garcia.
Hayes is one valuable utility, can ruck can take a mark and can kick a goal, should make Roh's life easier.
We need another soft kill next week, work our players like King back into form and need to now settle into the season a bit after the AFL has shafted us with their multiple interstate travel multiple 5 day breaks etc.

Still no song by Fox. Absolutely no respect.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think King has declared himself fit like Rozee did. He was a liability.

I don't think he was a liability, even if his running was hampered he got all the attention and opened plenty of holes for the likes of Hayes to work into

The inclusions of Webster, Hayes and Wood was absolutely massive. Howard playing decent also makes a difference.

Add Henry, Crouch, Higgins, Butler & Dow and we will be looking much healthier.

Pou needs to go to Sandy next week. King 1 more chance or he else, send him back to the seconds as well. That was the worst game of his career. Absolutely putrid second efforts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm now resigned to the fact that King is just not going to be the player I thought he would be.
At the moment he's about as effective as Eric hipwood.
I would trade him for larkey in an instant, would give them a first rounder to go with it.
Honestly can't see the reason for the love for pou either. Those who think he's going to be bont like are kidding themselves.
He looks to me more like a mason wood or Blake acres.
Bloody hope I'm wrong

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back