Round 8 Pies v North - battle for the wooden spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

This David Noble quote before this week's game is the kind of thing that turns me off AFL. What alot of waffle.

“We’re not chasing a win, we're chasing process. We're hell-bent on growing, getting better and getting really consistent in our methodology around what that process looks like.”

This David Noble quote before this week's game is the kind of thing that turns me off AFL. What alot of waffle.

“We’re not chasing a win, we're chasing process. We're hell-bent on growing, getting better and getting really consistent in our methodology around what that process looks like.”

Pretty much conceded the game And or suggesting North are tanking..

If I am a North fan, I would be fuming. That is loser talk from Noble.

Not really. It is just being misinterpreted. I think he means that he is not expecting a win as we are the worst side of the modern era. Of course he will TRY to win. We are winless for a reason and that's because our players are poor and we have loads of injuries. North fans are loving the process Nobes has put into place.

As a North fan you'd be a bit happier at recent performances than the stuff you delivered earlier in the season. Looks a bit like the process is moving in the right direction. You think the players and coach wouldn't press for the win when they get the chance.

Not really. It is just being misinterpreted. I think he means that he is not expecting a win as we are the worst side of the modern era. Of course he will TRY to win. We are winless for a reason and that's because our players are poor and we have loads of injuries. North fans are loving the process Nobes has put into place.

My club is on the top of the ladder for spin and waffle so I am probably more sensitive to it. I like Noble, I just didn't like this answer. He sounds like a Consultant.

Last edited:
As a North fan you'd be a bit happier at recent performances than the stuff you delivered earlier in the season. Looks a bit like the process is moving in the right direction. You think the players and coach wouldn't press for the win when they get the chance.

Well I suppose he wouldn't want give the Pies players and Buckley any motivation by saying they expect to win..

I guess as an NBA fan I am a bit jaded by all this 'Trust the Process' thing from the Philadelphia 76ers who deliberately spent at least a good 3 or 4 seasons deliberately tanking and marketing or as such.

My club is the on top of the ladder for spin and waffle so I am probably more sensitive to it. I like Noble, I just didn't like this answer. He sounds like a Consultant.
Could have chosen his words more carefully, but otherwise the message is lost in that quote due to the lack of context.

This will prove to be a non event, the Pies are awful but are competitive, the teams average losing margin this season is usually between 20-30 points, they dont get blown away, we do. They will probably outscore us with behinds alone lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they want to be driven further into the ground? Surely Harvey simply gets bumped up?

Harvey may or may not work out, whereas Lyon has taken his teams to finals and grand finals. It appears he’s already pissing in Eddie’s pocket (yeah I know he’s no longer prez) and has indicated he’s ready to move into the hot seat again. He seems like a good fit to me.

Well I suppose he wouldn't want give the Pies players and Buckley any motivation by saying they expect to win..

I guess as an NBA fan I am a bit jaded by all this 'Trust the Process' thing from the Philadelphia 76ers who deliberately spent at least a good 3 or 4 seasons deliberately tanking and marketing or as such.
Don't think North have the luxury of tanking. But they invested in the sort of coach that has a reputation of uniting people together, a mature person who can ride the ups and downs, unlike Shaw who let the pressure get him. So they are on the right track in that respect.

Honestly a bit rich for an Eagles OP given they knocked us out of finals last year at HOME. Too early for us to stick it to him, especially as arent far off a slide ourselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back